O/r H pipe with straight through mufflers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
O/r H pipe with straight through mufflers?

Alright so today is payday and it looks like I will have some money to play with. As with every part decision I keep reading and reading until I verge on talking myself out of it. I have read on other forums that the o/r h pipe sounds bad with a straight through muffler... so how many have an o/r h paired with them?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Do you mean like muffler delete setup?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
matleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
He means straight through mufflers. Like slp loudmouths, pypes m80s, flowmaster outlaws, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Yep exactly cbird

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Preface by saying mine is a 2013. That said I LOVE the sound of my off road H pipe with Pype Bomb Muffler deletes. I get compliments on exhaust all the time. Only thing I would throw out is that there is a drone at on highway cruising at 65-85mph
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Preface by saying mine is a 2013. That said I LOVE the sound of my off road H pipe with Pype Bomb Muffler deletes. I get compliments on exhaust all the time. Only thing I would throw out is that there is a drone at on highway cruising at 65-85mph
I saw your drag videos and it did sound great

Old 09-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
H pipe with no mufflers, keep that cats only

KamzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMZ01MUSTANG View Post
H pipe with no mufflers, keep that cats only

I don't exactly want to pull my outlaws off. Just wanted to know if they would sound bad with the h

Old 09-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I don't exactly want to pull my outlaws off. Just wanted to know if they would sound bad with the h

I think they will be fine, I have the slp loud mouths and they sounds amazing

KamzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Alright so today is payday and it looks like I will have some money to play with. As with every part decision I keep reading and reading until I verge on talking myself out of it. I have read on other forums that the o/r h pipe sounds bad with a straight through muffler... so how many have an o/r h paired with them?

I think you'll like an O/R X and/or H. I've heard both right next to each other. I had the Flowmaster Outlaw with an O/R X on my 2011 GT and it sounded great. Very loud and deep. No rasp at all. However, the drone was pretty bad on the highway. To the point where I needed to keep the windows down.

Another employee here at AM had the exact same set up but with an O/R H. Sounded very different from mine. Much deeper!

It really depends on what you're interested in. I don't think you can go wrong, though! Hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
I think you'll like an O/R X and/or H. I've heard both right next to each other. I had the Flowmaster Outlaw with an O/R X on my 2011 GT and it sounded great. Very loud and deep. No rasp at all. However, the drone was pretty bad on the highway. To the point where I needed to keep the windows down.

Another employee here at AM had the exact same set up but with an O/R H. Sounded very different from mine. Much deeper!

It really depends on what you're interested in. I don't think you can go wrong, though! Hope this helps.

-Dan
I think I'm going to pull the trigger after work tonight. I just always have to try to talk myself out of stuff. The neighbors should love it though.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Also is trumpeting something to worry about?

Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
O/r H pipe with straight through mufflers?

I was listening to some YouTube videos of h pipes and straight throughs and it seems the ones that trumpet are of the off-road flavor. All the ones with cats are just deep and mean as hell.

I think the old stigma of chambered = h pipe and straight through = x was never correct. I see why people would say that though. Chambered mufflers are real raspy so it's natural to want to pair it with the H but on my old 01 cobra I had a x with flows and it sounded really good to me.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
I was listening to some YouTube videos of h pipes and straight throughs and it seems the ones that trumpet and the off road h. All the ones with cats are just deep and mean as hell.

I think the old stigma of chambered = h pipe and straight through = x was never correct. I see why people would say that though. Chambered mufflers are real raspy so it's natural to want to pair it with the H but on my old 01 cobra I had a x with flows and it sounded really good to me.

Yeah it is hard to find some good info on this. Naples what mufflers do you have? Yours sounds damn good but I know it will sound different on a 3v.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
i have pype bomb axle back muffler deletes. and pypes o/r H

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I don't think you can go wrong with an h. I believe its more of the x-pipe that may yield undesirable results sometimes
Old 09-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Is loudness a concern at all for you? I went from the stock catted h to a offroad catless H and it was WAY too loud. I have JBA axle back which is a pretty quiet muffler, i couldnt believe how much louder it got from removing the cats. It went from slightly louder then stock, to alert all cops in a 3 mile radius....lol

Dont get me wrong, i love a good sounding exhaust and some noise, but i also dont want any cop in a 3 mile radius to know when i stomp on it from time to time...haha
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
O,R H with dyno max muffler really loud. to the point that I do not drive it much any more.
Attached Files
Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2 View Post
O,R H with dyno max muffler really loud. to the point that I do not drive it much any more.
Well a lovely bill popped up that dented my mod fund. Looks like I'm going to hold off until I can by a set of mufflers also.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT