ideas for my quarter windows? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
ideas for my quarter windows?

overall i love my car just the way it is but from certain angles my quarterwindows really bother me. im not really a fan of the louvers or blackouts so im trying to think of whatelse i can do and wont cost too much.

I been thinking of getting them tinted really dark, would that be okay considering my windows don't have any tint, is it okay to just tint the quarter windows? can i still get pulled over? (i live in a 50% state)

heres a pic of what im talking about that drives me crazy with the quarter windows

GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
Road Trip!

also i was looking at these headlight splitters but am not sure how i feel about them, what do you guys think about them?

MMD Painted Mustang Headlight Splitters - AmericanMuscle.com (05-09 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

also i was looking at these headlight splitters but am not sure how i feel about them, what do you guys think about them?

MMD Painted Mustang Headlight Splitters - AmericanMuscle.com (05-09 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

its hard to say about the louvers the main reason i want them is to make the car look nicer, but I do use those windows a lot and feel like my car wouldn't look very nice if it got smashed from the side because I was unable to see a car that was coming.

maybe i should cover those windows with some paper + tape first and see how i drive without them?
Old 10-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
overall i love my car just the way it is but from certain angles my quarterwindows really bother me. im not really a fan of the louvers or blackouts so im trying to think of whatelse i can do and wont cost too much.

I been thinking of getting them tinted really dark, would that be okay considering my windows don't have any tint, is it okay to just tint the quarter windows? can i still get pulled over? (i live in a 50% state)

heres a pic of what im talking about that drives me crazy with the quarter windows

MMD LOUVERS for your quarter windows is the way too go, makes it much more beefier.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
KamzGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
ideas for my quarter windows?

I have my quarters tinted to 10%. I don't get any trouble from the fuzz for it.

The laws differ on state though. I'm Iowa you can't go below 70 on the fronts (which is stock tint for most cars I'd guess) and as dark as you friggen want on the backs.

I have the MMD ducktail, MMD good scoop, and next the MMD louvers. I was really impressed with both of them so I feel like the louvers will be another safe buy.

Still can't decide between the scoop design and the louver design though. The scoops look a bit bulky.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
The laws differ on state though...and as dark as you friggen want on the backs...
This^
OP you mentioned your from a 50% state is this all around or just the front? If you can go as dark as you want on rear, go for a tint % that won't make them look out of place/weird. Also if you are going to tint the quarters I would recommend doing the rear windshield as well.

I'm from Texas the lowest I can go on front is 20 or 25% then whatever i want in the rear. I got 20% front then went 15% on the quarters and rear windshield. (I'm not a fan of the louvers either)

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #6
Road Trip!

thanks but i thought about it more and im gonna just leave it the way it is, i like the stock lines and even the most thin louvers are too raised imo

i been looking at the raxiom gen 5s

here is a pic of my car from the front btw

trying to decide if i should get gen5 tail lights or retro prepainted mirrors, i did get mirror covers last year but idk im stuck i guess. lotta money either way, what yall recommend?
Old 10-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
The gen 5 taillights are awesome but the price deters me. I have other things that need to come first lol.

I just got a decklid panel and blacked out my taillights saleen s281style. That and the ducktail spoiler is enough for the rear of my car.

A hood scoop and some hood pins might make your front end pop out a bit more. Your wheels are already golden, I love those style. Maybe a chin spoiler that isn't over board like some of them.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Slap on sticky louvers are lame. My flushmount louvers from SHR should be here this week and installed shortly thereafter... CAN'T WAIT!

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I have the headlight splitters on my roush and love 'em. I also went with the Raxiom tail lights as Cbird mentioned and they are worth every penny.

A hood scoop and side scoops are nice options as well.

Other than covers or louvers, what else can you do to the quarter windows?

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT