When ya feel behind? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
When ya feel behind?

It just kills me every time I see another mustang on the road even if its older and v6 it makes me feel like mines not special and I need the s550 which I can't afford. I went through so much hell to buy my car and got it decked out just how I want it but then I look to the right and see some kid in a used v6 with his girlfriend smirking at me and it just bothers me so much.

Deep down I feel like though if you take good care of your car and make it look nicer than stock it will stand out over those that just bought a v6 with 150k miles, but when I see another stang on the road it hurts like crazy. And the fact that ford sells about 80 thousand mustangs a year I feel like soon the streets will be so flooded with mustangs I'll just be another tree in the forest.
GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Well that's kinda the Mustangs heritage. It was designed, along with all of the other muscle and pony cars, to be a sports car that the general public could afford. Before the mid 60's all that you had for performance was the Tbird, corvette, and a plethora of expensive imports.

Poof the mustang and GTO were born. It's been a hit ever since. When I see other mustangs on the road I love it. It's a community and it unites us as the working class of car enthusiasts.

The s550s will be just as mainstream as our's. As soon as they hit the dealerships you will see them everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Well that's kinda the Mustangs heritage. It was designed, along with all of the other muscle and pony cars, to be a sports car that the general public could afford. Before the mid 60's all that you had for performance was the Tbird, corvette, and a plethora of expensive imports.

Poof the mustang and GTO were born. It's been a hit ever since. When I see other mustangs on the road I love it. It's a community and it unites us as the working class of car enthusiasts.

The s550s will be just as mainstream as our's. As soon as they hit the dealerships you will see them everywhere.

Yeah thats a cool way to look at it. I love mustangs so much. Before mustnags I tried camaros and I went through 3 camaros and they were all HEADACHES. then I got a 98 v6 mustang after highschool and it ran like a dream, and then a 03 and now my 09 and I've never had to do anything on the mustangs besides basic tune ups.

I feel like you get a lot more for your money with a mustang too, I don't like vettes cus only 2 seats and the 10+ camaros were very expensive compared to the price of my s197.

I really don't like imports but kinda sucks only options really mustangs and camaros, not a fan of dodge and vette is too hifi for me :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If comparisons are what makes the smiles it will be a long and tumultuous life. I love in Naples Florida and I NEVER go to work without seeing a Ferrari, McLaren, Bently or Porsche. The thing is my Stang is Mine and getting to how I like it. I look back and smile at it all the time, even when I park near a Ferrari.

Enjoy what you have in life and what you accomplish on your own accord not in comparison to others. You know what NONE of those other cars have? Your personal touches, your effort hard work and well earned money into them.

I am a measure of myself and the standards I have for me, my kids, my life and my car are all set by me. They are not swayed by the lives of others
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
If comparisons are what makes the smiles it will be a long and tumultuous life. I love in Naples Florida and I NEVER go to work without seeing a Ferrari, McLaren, Bently or Porsche. The thing is my Stang is Mine and getting to how I like it. I look back and smile at it all the time, even when I park near a Ferrari.

Enjoy what you have in life and what you accomplish on your own accord not in comparison to others. You know what NONE of those other cars have? Your personal touches, your effort hard work and well earned money into them.

I am a measure of myself and the standards I have for me, my kids, my life and my car are all set by me. They are not swayed by the lives of others
yeah thats a good way to look at it - i like the red eyes on your stang
Old 10-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
Yeah thats a cool way to look at it. I love mustangs so much. Before mustnags I tried camaros and I went through 3 camaros and they were all HEADACHES. then I got a 98 v6 mustang after highschool and it ran like a dream, and then a 03 and now my 09 and I've never had to do anything on the mustangs besides basic tune ups.

I feel like you get a lot more for your money with a mustang too, I don't like vettes cus only 2 seats and the 10+ camaros were very expensive compared to the price of my s197.

I really don't like imports but kinda sucks only options really mustangs and camaros, not a fan of dodge and vette is too hifi for me :/

Dude that's my exact story of how I got to my 08 GT. Had a edge v6 at the beginning, then got a 02 GT my senior year, and now at 22 have my 08.

I really like this car and I like how popular it is. I always get a big smile when I come out from Walmart or something and see other mustangs or even SVT Raptors parked next to me. It's like a little community. I do wish that the mustang was a little bit more "rare" and when I came out of Walmart id have a crowd taking pictures but that's not for us man. We're just normal people with muscle cars

Off topic, do you ever miss your 03? I really miss mine sometimes. The way it sounded of course but also how mean the front end looked. The truck-like shifter I almost miss sometimes too lol

Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Dude that's my exact story of how I got to my 08 GT. Had a edge v6 at the beginning, then got a 02 GT my senior year, and now at 22 have my 08.

I really like this car and I like how popular it is. I always get a big smile when I come out from Walmart or something and see other mustangs or even SVT Raptors parked next to me. It's like a little community. I do wish that the mustang was a little bit more "rare" and when I came out of Walmart id have a crowd taking pictures but that's not for us man. We're just normal people with muscle cars

Off topic, do you ever miss your 03? I really miss mine sometimes. The way it sounded of course but also how mean the front end looked. The truck-like shifter I almost miss sometimes too lol

Yeah I really liked my 98 I kept it better than new condition unlike many of the dirty/rusted ones ya see these days and my 03 was a redfire like my 09 gt and i love the redfire color.

I really like to think of the community but honestly i feel like with human beings everythign turns into a pissing contest. whenever im at a light other mustangs will rev at me or give me a smirk same with camaros, civics, etc...

its the same with everything, when i played guitar as soon as someone else found out i played guitar they would try to 1up me...even in online games, people find out im into mustang then are like "do you really have a mustang?" or "eh, i got 3 mustangs..." i hate people so much lol
Old 10-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Don't worry about that nonsense. Someone will always have something newer or better. Someone will always be able to whip your ***, run faster, etc etc etc. be thankful for what you have, maybe hang around some new folks that aren't ******bags.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
silvr002001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
Yeah I really liked my 98 I kept it better than new condition unlike many of the dirty/rusted ones ya see these days and my 03 was a redfire like my 09 gt and i love the redfire color.

I really like to think of the community but honestly i feel like with human beings everythign turns into a pissing contest. whenever im at a light other mustangs will rev at me or give me a smirk same with camaros, civics, etc...

its the same with everything, when i played guitar as soon as someone else found out i played guitar they would try to 1up me...even in online games, people find out im into mustang then are like "do you really have a mustang?" or "eh, i got 3 mustangs..." i hate people so much lol

You play online games? What does GW2 stand for just curious

In town there is this guy my age who works at the John Deere plant with me. He bought a 2014 and I swear to god he makes it a point when we are getting out 3rd shift to come find me and rev it or floor it past me. Just one of those things lol

Some people have the mustang spirit, others just see them as a fast car to channel their surplus testosterone haha. I guess I kind of have my moments too. I never seek out a race or to be annoying with excessive revving but there are times when it's acceptable or even funny.

Like the other day teenagers in different car with those big muffler things were revving at each other at the front of a red light. I'm two cars back but after they rev at each other for the millionth time I revved my car and it's deep and LOUD. The people at the gas stations to the left and right got a kick out of it, I think somebody even whistled.

Just gotta let loose and have some fun sometimes when it won't get you in trouble.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It annoys me the amount of people in my area that have a 2011-2014 or a termi because their parents bought it for them and they go around treating every other mustang like they are beneath them.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Just do some stuff to customize your car and make it your own. Do some exterior mods to spruce it up and make it look more unique. Different wheels, spoiler, louvers, front lip, etc, etc
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
Just do some stuff to customize your car and make it your own. Do some exterior mods to spruce it up and make it look more unique. Different wheels, spoiler, louvers, front lip, etc, etc

Me? My car doesnt even look close to stock. Its just the year that they dont respect
Old 10-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
ive never felt the "lack of respect" about the 2005-2009 body style with anyone about my car. Plus who cares what other people think.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's your pony, you know it's trick. To heck with anyone who can't dig it!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah neither have I. If anything it's the 2v guys that get the shaft, not us.

I actually think most people like the 05 body style better than the 2011-2014. A couple of people have mentioned that they are too curvey and some people even go as far as to call them "femenine". I'm inclined to agree with that, but I sure wouldn't mind that 5.0!

Old 10-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah neither have I. If anything it's the 2v guys that get the shaft, not us.

I actually think most people like the 05 body style better than the 2011-2014. A couple of people have mentioned that they are too curvey and some people even go as far as to call them "femenine". I'm inclined to agree with that, but I sure wouldn't mind that 5.0!

Yeah i have a 99 thats why
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

I miss my 03 V6. I loved the shifter in it but i would not trade my 05 Roush for one.

Travis238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis238 View Post
I miss my 03 V6. I loved the shifter in it but i would not trade my 05 Roush for one.

Lol nobody would trade in a v8 for it. Those cars dont make any power whatsoever
Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Lol nobody would trade in a v8 for it. Those cars dont make any power whatsoever

No but with a ford racing lsd and that light back end they are fun in the rain

Travis238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

When ya feel behind?

Quote:
Yeah i have a 99 thats why

Yeah ok my bad. People used to give me crap about my 01 too. At least yours is PI!

I miss that car a lot.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Just because there are a lot of Mustangs on the streets doesn't mean yours isn't still capable of standing out.

I heard the other day from several people that my GT is one of the most talked about cars at my college. I had no idea, it's not heavily modded, plus there are a ton of Mustangs (Termi, Roush, etc.), Camaros, imports, etc. at my school.

All the mods I've done were to satisfy myself though, people's admiration is just icing on the cake. So just do you.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Just because there are a lot of Mustangs on the streets doesn't mean yours isn't still capable of standing out.

I heard the other day from several people that my GT is one of the most talked about cars at my college. I had no idea, it's not heavily modded, plus there are a ton of Mustangs (Termi, Roush, etc.), Camaros, imports, etc. at my school.

All the mods I've done were to satisfy myself though, people's admiration is just icing on the cake. So just do you.

Well it helps that you have the newer body style and people that have no idea about cars think that newest is always best and the old model is always worse than the new
Old 10-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Well it helps that you have the newer body style and people that have no idea about cars think that newest is always best and the old model is always worse than the new
You may have a point, but to be more descriptive on my end, there are many 2010+ Mustangs at my college. Mostly being 13-14 V6's and 13-14 5.0's, few 11-12 V6's. Including a 2010 Roush. A buddy I met in class is about to trade in his 2012 Camaro for a 2014 Camaro SS.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #24
Road Trip!

I just get get so angry when i see anothe rmustang on the street cus i feel like the owner thinks he is better than me and i been getting so pissed off lately last week i was so close to just ramming this guy standing next to his mustang i wanted to squish him and didn't care what would happen next. i hate the way they drive or stand next to their car with their chin up like they are better than everyone else.

its been bothering me more and more every year as time passes, there's just way too many people with mustangs out there and it really ruins what made my car feel special when i first got it, and even if i mod to custom, in the end its still just another mustang.

and it psises me off cus these people dont know or love their cars - i still have burn marks from when i tried to kill myself when i thought i was gonna lose my last mustang. to them its just a 'cool car' and they got it cus its a mustang name.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

It pisses me off that everybody thinks if the mustang isnt a v8 then its worthless. Like the very first mustang wasnt a v8 it was a v6 if i remember correctly. Its rarer to see a nice v6 cause majority of people say dont spend money on it or get a gt.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
You may have a point, but to be more descriptive on my end, there are many 2010+ Mustangs at my college. Mostly being 13-14 V6's and 13-14 5.0's, few 11-12 V6's. Including a 2010 Roush. A buddy I met in class is about to trade in his 2012 Camaro for a 2014 Camaro SS.
Damn they in college and buying cars like that? Must have some rich *** parents. I had to work for everything I had and o don't see how a college student can afford a 2014 ss
Old 11-14-2014, 06:28 AM   #27

we live in a dog eat dog world, screw what other people think about your car, they aren't your friends, because real friends wont hassle you about your car.

and even keep your friends at an arms length because it only takes 1 second for your best friend to become your worst enemy. in the end its just you and your mustang - parents, friends, every single person in this world is an opportunity to cause you this pain you are feeling right now. **** everyone in the end it's just you and your mustang and you gotta say you got the best damn car on the planet and **** everyone else.

2 stangz got the right idea, do you really think people at his racing college think that his 2010 automatic is the best car in town? Who cares, he knows he has the best mustang and that's all that matters.

and let the other ****ers out there go in over their head trying to get the latest stuff. I noticed in all my years of life almost anyone can buy a mustang, but not many can keep it for long, most have to sell it cus they can't afford it or need to make room for "families" - and even fewer can keep their mustangs in nice condition.

Sometimes you gotta be thankful, if you are single and have a mustang and a garage - you are MUCH luckier than you can even imagine.

Btw I seen a few pics of your stang from other threads - the way people do their stangs these days you got nothing to worry about.
Vikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I love the 05-09 body style I could have afforded a newer one but I just love the more retro look of the 05-09 that's what I wanted. I could care less what people think plus the 05-09 can be bought at bargain prices right now.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #29

Region: Georgia
This thread brings up why I drive a Mustang GT. It has been around since 1964 and it is the true American Muscle car. Chevy Dodge etc. have been chasing it ever since. Yea there are faster cars and always will be. No other car has the history like the Mustang. No other car has kept the Muscle Car fire going like the mustang. We drive a Mustang because that's who we are and if thousand are out there something must be special about them and the people who drive them.
mpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Views

Enjoy the views! It's your car and choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_Home shopping Pete 003.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	170515  
Old 11-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt have a choice in cylinders lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT