Gears - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
07ShelbyGTblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gonzales
Region: Texas
Posts: 88
Gears

In my Shelby GT the gears are 3.55s would it be worth it to get 4.10s. the car is driven almost every other day... would mileage suffer that much and is drivability more harsh?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
07ShelbyGTblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
allworknoplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Midlothian
Region: Virginia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ShelbyGTblack View Post
In my Shelby GT the gears are 3.55s would it be worth it to get 4.10s. the car is driven almost every other day... would mileage suffer that much and is drivability more harsh?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MPG will go down some for highway but you will have a big change in acceleration. i am leaning towards 3.73 so i can still have more top end. i have heard 4.10s will top out around 120-130 i do not know if that is true or not tho.
__________________
2007 GT: Vista blue 5spd 93 Tune
allworknoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jedisaias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 54
Really I had no idea they top out that low anybody else have 4.10s with their top speed info


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jedisaias is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
allworknoplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Midlothian
Region: Virginia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisaias View Post
Really I had no idea they top out that low anybody else have 4.10s with their top speed info


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I am not 100% if that is true. so dont trust me yet lol
__________________
2007 GT: Vista blue 5spd 93 Tune
allworknoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
07ShelbyGTblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gonzales
Region: Texas
Posts: 88
really? dies fifth not pull at all then?


07 Shelby GT. 3.55 gears. BBK long tube headers. off road x pipe. frpp gta mufflers. frpp cai. frpp full suspension and bama tune
07ShelbyGTblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
allworknoplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Midlothian
Region: Virginia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ShelbyGTblack View Post
really? dies fifth not pull at all then?


07 Shelby GT. 3.55 gears. BBK long tube headers. off road x pipe. frpp gta mufflers. frpp cai. frpp full suspension and bama tune
all your gears pull harder. just the gears are shorter because a higher gear aims more towards acceleration rather than top end like lower gears. so 5 will still pull but every gear will need to be shifted sooner than you are now (not saying rpm change but the top of each gear will)

hope that helps you understand
__________________
2007 GT: Vista blue 5spd 93 Tune
allworknoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gqsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 638
4.10s here and I switched from 3.55, I don't think you will notice much if you go 3.73 (my opinion) I still get 20-22mpg highway mixed with a tad of city. I've had my car to 130 in 4th with still some gear left...don't know how much cause I was more focused on the track and slowing down after that


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
allworknoplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Midlothian
Region: Virginia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
4.10s here and I switched from 3.55, I don't think you will notice much if you go 3.73 (my opinion) I still get 20-22mpg highway mixed with a tad of city. I've had my car to 130 in 4th with still some gear left...don't know how much cause I was more focused on the track and slowing down after that


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I still have 3.55s and never driven with 4.10s. But like I was saying I have heard top end was lower. If its still about 150 then I will easily go with them!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 GT: Vista blue 5spd 93 Tune
allworknoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
gqsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 638
I doubt you'll be doing a lot of 150 anyways so you should be good...I mean I guess you might, but doesn't sound like it would be in a safe manner of you have to ask...not trying to sound ******r like either


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
allworknoplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Midlothian
Region: Virginia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
I doubt you'll be doing a lot of 150 anyways so you should be good...I mean I guess you might, but doesn't sound like it would be in a safe manner of you have to ask...not trying to sound ******r like either


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
My friends are into doing standing mile and thinking about building it up some to also compete

Sent from my VS930 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2007 GT: Vista blue 5spd 93 Tune
allworknoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
07ShelbyGTblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Gonzales
Region: Texas
Posts: 88
really? dies fifth not pull at all then?


07 Shelby GT. 3.55 gears. BBK long tube headers. off road x pipe. frpp gta mufflers. frpp cai. frpp full suspension and bama tune
07ShelbyGTblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between 2.3 rear axle gears and 5.0 rear axle gears 93mstnglx 2.3 Mustang 9 07-07-2013 06:12 PM
4:10 gears vs 4:30 gears SwatKatz901 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 03-24-2012 04:17 PM
3:55 Gears vs 3:73 gears 06Blue 2005-2010 Mustang GT 19 01-04-2012 07:57 PM
NEED HELP WITH GEARS!! Motive 4.10 gears? Cant find ford racing? Camaro Eater Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 06-23-2010 11:57 AM
Factory Gears Vs. Racing Gears tire Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 07-21-2003 05:02 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:32 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.