anyone else that would probably ignore these scratches and leave them? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
anyone else that would probably ignore these scratches and leave them?

i know lot of other enthusiasts can spend everything on their stang but i just cant afford to so for this scratch is it ok if i just leave it? u cant see it unless u look really closely, and i think they should buff out.

i got them when installing my tail lights - they do look dope though!

also i noticed theres like a scratch on my right tail light but i cant tell if it came that way or not, but i guess it doesn't matter cus u cant see it unless u look super closely in certain light...either way i wouldn't want to take them off again anyways and risk scratching my car more lol.

u guys think dat azz look dope? i was looking at getting the gen5 tails as well but im very happy with this choice they look perfect to me. the gen5s look great on the 13s and 14s, but imo they seem kinda out of place on the 05-09 stangs

GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
anyone else that would probably ignore these scratches and leave them?

You can leave it or use some touch up paint. It's plastic bumper so rust is not a concern.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
You can leave it or use some touch up paint. It's plastic bumper so rust is not a concern.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
I'll prolly leave it for now and when spring comes do a detail and buff my car, i'm pretty much sure that they are gonna buff out.

IMO it's better to leave scratches because touch up jobs seem to make things look even worse. make your car go from a muscle car that has seen some action to an obvious 5$ patch job. I've been working with cars for many years and have yet to see a touch up job that looks passable lol. Just check out some of the "touch up tutorials" on youtube...ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Unless those are stress cracks, where the paint cracked from the bumper being bent or flexed, try some scratch doctor, I had a few scratches on my door, and now you can't see them unless you look really close. For $8.00 bucks a bottle, it can't hurt to try........

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
angrymike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymike1 View Post
Unless those are stress cracks, where the paint cracked from the bumper being bent or flexed, try some scratch doctor, I had a few scratches on my door, and now you can't see them unless you look really close. For $8.00 bucks a bottle, it can't hurt to try........

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
is this a rubbing compound? I htried a rubbing compound from meguiars i think that was supposed to be really awesome and remove clear coat scratches from a previous vehicle...but it did nothing and I ended up having to get the car buffed.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No, its like a scratch filler, its not very expensive, so it won't hurt to try, its called "Scratch Doctor", give it a shot, can't hurt........
Old 11-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
No, its like a scratch filler, its not very expensive, so it won't hurt to try, its called "Scratch Doctor", give it a shot, can't hurt........
I gave it a go but didnt do much...I think they are stress cracks but i dont know how they happened...do u think they could have came from the tail light installation? is a tail light heavy enough to cause a stress crfack on bumper?

if i just leave it will it be ok? dont have $ to repaint an entire bumper for this small barely visible crack.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ah hell, just shine it up as good as you can, most ppl won't notice anyway, your just looking at it all the time... When I bought my GT I didn't see one scratch, till I waxed it, then I found a bunch........
Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ah hell, just shine it up as good as you can, most ppl won't notice anyway, your just looking at it all the time... When I bought my GT I didn't see one scratch, till I waxed it, then I found a bunch........
yeah your right, im the same way lol

changing my snow wheels to winters atm, just did 2 wheels taking a break now
Old 11-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Waxing always helps!!! Clay bar and full details help paint and keep a nice layer of protection
Harp12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT