Rock auto? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Rock auto?

Hey just wanting to know if this is a safe place to purchase from. I'm looking for OE replacement oxygen sensors and this is by far the cheapest place.

Also DY1039 is the right part number for the upstream oxygen sensors right?

I was getting the p0153 code so I replaced with bosch oxygen sensors. Now I'm getting a P0133 code on cold starts. Should of went with OE parts the first time.. my bad.
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Very safe place to buy from. Bought parts for my wife's old honda and a bunch of my own cars.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Been buying from them since the mid 2000s. Never an issue and everything is legit. Their commercials are correct, it's basically an Autozone without the ****** behind the counter arguing with you. And they have MUCH better prices and MUCH better selection.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That shipping tho lol

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh, there is always a 5% off code floating around the internets. I always just make sure all the parts ship from the same warehouse to keep shipping down. Still cheaper than Autozone for most things. I'll pay $100 for a set of 4 Raybestos or Centric rotors and $30 shipping with a 5% discount for $125 shipped vs $90-$100 with tax included for a junk set of Duracrap rotors that'll warp in 10k miles and have runout issues from the getgo.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Eh, there is always a 5% off code floating around the internets. I always just make sure all the parts ship from the same warehouse to keep shipping down. Still cheaper than Autozone for most things. I'll pay $100 for a set of 4 Raybestos or Centric rotors and $30 shipping with a 5% discount for $125 shipped vs $90-$100 with tax included for a junk set of Duracrap rotors that'll warp in 10k miles and have runout issues from the getgo.

As a former employee of ****zone the one good thing about their brakes are the warranty. You can return them at anytime. But they do suck. I even just got my money back for my old set pads and didn't even buy anything. So theoretically you can brakes for life, if you don't mind changing them every 2 months haha.

Back OT Just make sure its the right parts they are kinda strict on returning stuff

Killing time isnt murder, it's suicide
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ive never had a problem returning anything but, as mentioned, the shipping charges will likely eat up whatever you saved on the part if you have to return it.
Make sure that you are ordering the correct part!
Im currently restoring a 25 year old truck and it is a year where they made some changes on certain components mid-year. One tie rod end has been ordered and returned TWICE!!! Hopefully, the third time will be a charm!
Other than that, Rockauto is awesome! I buy most of my parts from them...

There is a 5% Rockauto discount code in the General Mustang forum.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
Online parts ftw - i like to stick to motorcraft (or whatever the factory brand is) on parts unless the factory version is defective.

I hate going to all auto parts stores now, if I just need fuel system cleaner, wax etc I'll go to walmart, but doesn't matter if its o'reilleys, autozone, NAPA, or what - they all seem to have dumb asses that argue with you and have 0 knowledge about cars.

theres a local parts store in my town thats very reputable, and i went in for a waffle weave microfiber towel and the guy (who owns the place and everyone says is a car genius) says "why don't you just use a regular towel?" I explained to him about how waffle weave is good to trap tiny dirt particles after you wash your car and when you wax it - then he says "if you wash your car, why would there be dirt?" - what else can ya say? I just bought the towel and left. god i hate people SO MUCH

and dont even get started on when he tried to sell me rims+tires for my mustang for 2000$ that were ugly as hell, (he kept saying they were sweet and i need them) and i found the same pair on amazon for less than 1000$ - god i hate people SO MUCH!!!

/ventdone
GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I used Rock Auto for my body /trim parts...+ 1 on Google coupon code. For real car parts I prefer having a relationship with my local parts monger....If you see them regularly you'll get good prices and if they are decent good service. I'm lucky in my small town the local CarQuest is great.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
Online parts ftw - i like to stick to motorcraft (or whatever the factory brand is) on parts unless the factory version is defective.

I hate going to all auto parts stores now, if I just need fuel system cleaner, wax etc I'll go to walmart, but doesn't matter if its o'reilleys, autozone, NAPA, or what - they all seem to have dumb asses that argue with you and have 0 knowledge about cars.

theres a local parts store in my town thats very reputable, and i went in for a waffle weave microfiber towel and the guy (who owns the place and everyone says is a car genius) says "why don't you just use a regular towel?" I explained to him about how waffle weave is good to trap tiny dirt particles after you wash your car and when you wax it - then he says "if you wash your car, why would there be dirt?" - what else can ya say? I just bought the towel and left. god i hate people SO MUCH

and dont even get started on when he tried to sell me rims+tires for my mustang for 2000$ that were ugly as hell, (he kept saying they were sweet and i need them) and i found the same pair on amazon for less than 1000$ - god i hate people SO MUCH!!!

/ventdone
I too share your hatred of ppl. Internet/facebook have made said hatred far worse as especially FB shows me just how many ****ing idiots are kept alive by dumb luck. I pretty much just go to wal-mart now for any sort of fluids/filters or wax/towels because yeah they are cheaper and living in a relatively suburban area, the "people of wal-mart" don't really show up in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I used Rock Auto for my body /trim parts...+ 1 on Google coupon code. For real car parts I prefer having a relationship with my local parts monger....If you see them regularly you'll get good prices and if they are decent good service. I'm lucky in my small town the local CarQuest is great.
I still have found that no local store can even come close to rockauto's prices but, with anything, YMMV.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
So.. ended up getting 2 new motorcraft o2 sensors like I should of to begin with and oem motorcraft spark plugs (the .044 gaped 08-09 ones).

Moral of the story is I ended up paying almost half of what I would of (40$ per oxygen sensor vs. 80$ locally).

Shipping was only 8 bucks too, as it should be for something that weighs so little. I wonder how much money I've wasted at O'reilys and Autozone over the years.. I guess you can afford to sell stuff a lot cheaper when you don't have the overhead of physical locations.

Thanks for the input everyone!
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT