whats the best looking non lowered s197 you have ever seen? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
whats the best looking non lowered s197 you have ever seen?

I want to try to make my s197 a head turner to where everyone will say "wow thats one of the best s197s i've ever seen!

I don't feel comfortable lowering it though even though I know it makes a huge impact, could I get a painted chin spoiler? I hear they really change up the front and make the car look lower as well.

I don't want to overdo it with louvers and etc either cus i want to keep a tasteful look - but i jsut want people to look at it and say "whoa, that is one sweet ride!"

thinking of tinting fog lights next, do you guys think it would look cool? and after that a painted chin spoiler. im having a hard time picturing the chin spoiler on my car, but im hoping if i do it it will really make a huge difference and look awesome. or should i go for an unpainted black one? i figure if its gonna be low i rather have black and let it get scratched.

GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lol lower the car. As long as you dont go too low you should be good. If you have $850 you could get coilovers and adjust the ride height
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Lol lower the car. As long as you dont go too low you should be good. If you have $850 you could get coilovers and adjust the ride height
yes i think i may go for lowering when spring comes, the chin spoilers dont look good to me for some reason and i like the cars better without them so hoping if i lower my car it will give me the desired effect

worried though cus when i look at the before and after pics of lowering, it doesnt seem to be much difference even with a 1.5" drop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've heard of guys cutting a coil off the SRs think it will affect ride quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Boosted_3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
yes i think i may go for lowering when spring comes, the chin spoilers dont look good to me for some reason and i like the cars better without them so hoping if i lower my car it will give me the desired effect

worried though cus when i look at the before and after pics of lowering, it doesnt seem to be much difference even with a 1.5" drop

Thats why i suggested coilovers. You could slam the car for shows then raise it back up for shows
Old 11-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #6

Region: Alabama
I personally think these cars look great when people take style queues from the Mach 1. It's not over the top, but it definitely changes up the look of the car enough to set it apart. This is the look I'm going to be slowly working toward.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415993710.853379.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	169680
Vapor197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor197 View Post
I personally think these cars look great when people take style queues from the Mach 1. It's not over the top, but it definitely changes up the look of the car enough to set it apart. This is the look I'm going to be slowly working toward.

Attachment 169680
hmm not bad - is that stock height? im a bit hesitant to get window louvers cus every stang i been in that had em so far RATTLED and that would kill me...but i like the idea of maybe plasti dipping my spoiler black.

think ill pass on the quarter window things though, i have enough trouble with visibility as it is.

edit: a google search shows that they did make classic mach 1s without louvers and classic muscle cars sit kinda high, so maybe dipping my spoiler black is a great idea for me thanks!!!

oooh and ill also throw on a black chin spoiler...OMG DREAM CAR COMING TOGETHER!!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Non-Lowered

The stance may not look very different with 16 or 17"s but when you jump up to 19 or 20's you can really see the difference.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor197 View Post

Attachment 169680

Ewww no no no that looks so riced out. If its not that car dont try to make it look like one.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ewww no no no that looks so riced out. If its not that car dont try to make it look like one.
really? i think it looks pretty cool and I usually have a very conservative taste - whats the majority vote on this??
Old 11-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
really? i think it looks pretty cool and I usually have a very conservative taste - whats the majority vote on this??

The rims, side louvers, boss stripes, and the fact that its a v6 pretending to be a boss is the reason its aweful
Old 11-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
The rims, side louvers, boss stripes, and the fact that its a v6 pretending to be a boss is the reason its aweful
I don't plan to ever get decals on my car but I don't see any boss naming or badging on the car and I don't think there's anything wrong with sampling style from other cars. I've seen a lot worse, not a fan of louvers but i think painting my spoiler black and getting a black chin spoiler would be a good touch for my car, dont u guys?
Old 11-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I am pretty fond of mine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	170037  
Mark221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416624065.648902.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	170045

Ford Racing springs, struts, and dampers here. Love the look and ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:56 AM   #15
Road Trip!

I've decided to stay stock height - but stay tuned, some really sweet things coming to my car!

2 things im thinking now - tinting fog lights and getting a black chin spoiler

edit: actually i think im gonna skip the chin spoiler because even though the install is easy i don't feel comfortable doing it, and I feel like it will scrape a lot, and personally I never had a problem with the look of the front of my mustang bumper.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:17 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Honestly though if i had the money id get coil overs...maybe i will start a savings jar!!

even if it takes me few yeras, it may be worth it in the end...

also, if you get coil overs, is it hard to adjust the height? do u need to jack up the car and do complicated stuff?

also if u get coil overs, do u gotta get a panhard bar and etc too?

or maybe it would be cheaper to start a savings jar for lowering springs + panhard bar + installation + camberbolts + alignment

should be ok, this winter instead of buying an xbox1 +forza thats like 500$ towards my lowering! hopefully will have it by spring! just hoping the shop doesnt screw my car up during installation - but they are a frame and alignment shop, so should be ok right?

btw does anyone know why mustangs sit so high from the factory??

was gonna impulsively lower my car in winter - but i think its smarter if i wait til spring when roads are smoother and etc... but who knows i may still do it with springs+bolts+panhardbar+alignment+install at frame and alignmetn shop. :S

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT