Pretty sure this has been posted already but.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #1

Pretty sure this has been posted already but..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416335388.662537.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	169886 I'm new to this so just here it goes, this is my mustang GT 2008 It's manual. I wanted to swoop it up and I was wondering what are the best parts to use or what would people recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
What parts are you talking about first off? Outside, inside, engine, suspension? Mustangs are easy to mod and make your own because of the big aftermarket of parts for them. Take a look at a few websites. To name a few are American Muscle, Late model restoration, Cj Pony parts, Summit racing. These site will have every thing you will need to spruce up your new stang.

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #3

Pretty sure this has been posted already but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
What parts are you talking about first off? Outside, inside, engine, suspension? Mustangs are easy to mod and make your own because of the big aftermarket of parts for them. Take a look at a few websites. To name a few are American Muscle, Late model restoration, Cj Pony parts, Summit racing. These site will have every thing you will need to spruce up your new stang.

I was thinking engine first then the outside, I wanted to know which parts are the most recommended ones for like a good turbo or a supercharge kit, you know? But thanks for the websites, I'll check them out! It's a v8 by the way, thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

There's quite a few set ups you can go with for a super charger to name a few are Procharger, Vortex, Kenne bell, Paxton, whipple. Now they can vary on price some as low as 3000 to 8,000 or more. With some kits you'll need to upgrade the fuel system to keep up. You'll also have to get a custom Dyno tune after its installed so you don't damage the engine.

You just have to do your research and see what best suits what your trying to get out of your car. You can search a lot of this forum as well as others or even websites that sell these kits and other supporting mods.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Spend about 30 minutes looking through those websites and I promise you'll starting seeing ideas of what you'll wanna do. But I also suggest doing your home work on parts. Hopefully you won't make the mistake as some others have even including my self and ordering something that really wasn't on par as what you had hoped. Trust me I've lived the whole man it's cheap and will save me money thing. Others will tell you the same.

Hope all this helps!

Old 11-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #6

Yeah Im gonna have to start doing my research then, but thanks a lot man, it did help! I just felt kinda lost to start with. I'm a beginner as you can see.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Google images of your ride. Go to car shows and cruises and see what has been done and how it looks first hand. Decide how far and much you will end up doing $$wise. You do not want to re-do mods and waste money. (i.e. don't buy a hood scoop and then buy a cowel hood.) Craig's list and Ebay are the cheapest way to go. I have spent about $1200 that way with no regrets. I broke that advise with buying smoked, 2010 style and now 2014 style tail lights. But it was worth it and I resold the other lights for a good price. Don't jump too fast on something. Make sure you are sure. Enjoy our hobby.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT