Is the Motor Bad ??? Lawyer Up ??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If things work out for me like my lawyer says, I'll be buying a 2015 3.7 Mustang with a real warranty. A couple of the dealers around here said they could get me a 6 year loan w/ $350 mo. payments on a 2015. I'm told the 2015 3.7 has more H.P. than the 08 4.6 . Going to have to research that to see if it's true.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
If things work out for me like my lawyer says, I'll be buying a 2015 3.7 Mustang with a real warranty. A couple of the dealers around here said they could get me a 6 year loan w/ $350 mo. payments on a 2015. I'm told the 2015 3.7 has more H.P. than the 08 4.6 . Going to have to research that to see if it's true.

It looks like it's virtually the same horsepower but the 4.6 makes considerably more torque. 50 ft/lbs according to Edmunds.

The 2015 doesn't sound like a bad deal though. Unless you're a V8 junkie like me that might be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I would get the ecoboost four
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I could afford the 5.0 but I think I'll be quite happy with the 3.7. Once it has a Tune, Gears & Super charger it should do the trick for me. I don't really race anyone...just like to go fast when I'm on the Freeway in the middle of the night with no traffic. I only drive about 300-400 miles per mo. so a 3.7 will do.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

the only thing I don't like about the '15 3.7 is it only comes in base trim and it seems like Ford is trying to phase it out. I don't think there will be much aftermarket support for it in the way of performance. There barely is for the S197.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Can't remember what year (2010-2011) had the 3.7 but I would think whatever is available for it would work. Not going to do a whole lot...just Headers & Exhaust, CAI for now. Then Gears. About a year later Super Charge & get a Tune & upgrade Brakes.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #42
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Is the Motor Bad ??? Lawyer Up ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Honestly I would not ever recommend buying from an actual used car dealer. Everything I've bought used has been private party or from a big dealer's used section. Used dealers are nearly 100% shysters in my experiences. Only ones that I've been to that aren't are the higher end sports car or exotics used dealers and those are few/far between.

Definitely get that lawyer involved and hopefully the Ford tech does not flake out and actually testifies. Also, try your bank's fraud dept again. Some are better than others but I'd at least keep them updated and escalate up to the top level management before you give up there.

I wouldn't go that far there are a few left. A family friend of ours was in the used car business and he sold great cars.

All his cars were throughly inspected and reconditioned. Now, he just wholesales cars, and all the local dealers fight over his cars.

Anyway, this dealership should've known better, and regardless of selling a car as-is, or not there is some recourse in a situation like this.

Now if it turned out the A/C broke or something, then you would have a harder case.

Best of luck to you man! Keep us posted.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

The 08 is covered by the Lemon Law so I shouldn't have too hard a time. There's no way I'd even have a case if it was the A/C. But because it's the motor & it needs to be replaced it falls into the Lemon Law Category. On top of that the dealer committed fraud in at least 5 ways in the deal so my lawyers threatening to turn them in which will result in big fines & investigations into their company. I highly doubt any crooked dealer like that wants all that drama. My lawyer expects them to settle without ever going to court. He also sent a letter to the Lender to tell them what's happening & that they should rescind the deal.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #44
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
The 08 is covered by the Lemon Law so I shouldn't have too hard a time. There's no way I'd even have a case if it was the A/C. But because it's the motor & it needs to be replaced it falls into the Lemon Law Category. On top of that the dealer committed fraud in at least 5 ways in the deal so my lawyers threatening to turn them in which will result in big fines & investigations into their company. I highly doubt any crooked dealer like that wants all that drama. My lawyer expects them to settle without ever going to court. He also sent a letter to the Lender to tell them what's happening & that they should rescind the deal.

Good!
Old 11-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Can't remember what year (2010-2011) had the 3.7 but I would think whatever is available for it would work. Not going to do a whole lot...just Headers & Exhaust, CAI for now. Then Gears. About a year later Super Charge & get a Tune & upgrade Brakes.
Not necessarily. Exhaust will be different. I'd get a leftover 2014 if you can still find one or a used 11-14 v6 that still has a factory warranty if you want to mod.

Also, by the time you mod and supercharge the v6 you could have just bought a gt. If getting a v6, I'd do exhaust, gears, suspension and call it good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
^ I agree. If you don't race then what the factory 3.7 offers should be enough. However it does handle FI better than the 4.6. But don't expect to outrun 2005-2010 GTs like many 3.7 owners think. I've given several 3.7s a chance to proove that theory in my 4.6 and left them disappointed.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Having made the mistake of settling for a V6 in the past thinking it would be "all I need" I would be patient and get the V8. I understand the V6 has 300 hp and all that but it just can't replace the feeling of having that v8 under the hood. You will end up spending more money trying to make it fast plus the V8's hold their resale value better and you will be happier. It's exciting getting a new car and I'm sure you will love that V6 when you first get it but 6 months later you will wish you ponied up to the V8 trust me. And more often depending what year/model there other differences too not just the motor!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:

Annnnd case closed. You win lol.

Might want to shoot for more while you can. Anything you and your lawyer can think of.

It's America. You can sue for just about anything, and it's cheaper to settle. Land of the free baby.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Crooked dealer gets taken to the cleaners for selling a ****ty product and knowingly hiding it. Sweet justice.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #50

WOW! The last time I can remember seeing a engine that dirty was in the 70's when Quaker State was used on a regular basis . I have 122,895 mi on my 2006 GT auto that just seen it's 32nd oil change and my engine is as clean as the day I got it. Your 08 has never seen and oil change NEVER! I would like to know who the owner was and stick my foot in their arsenal.
mpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

So what's up with this dealer? I'm sure the papers were served by now but with the Holiday who knows...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Lawyer said he would send out papers this week to the dealer. I don't know if the dealer got anything yet or not. I'll be talking to the lawyer again this Friday 12-5-14 & I'll know more then.
I bought the 94 GT back from the lender for $700 so at least I have it to drive for now.
I couldn't turn it down at that price when I know it would sell for $3000 easy. Once everything is cleared up on the 08GT I might use the 94 as a Trade in.
Then again...might keep it as a back up car.
Tell you what...it sure is running rough after sitting for 2 months. Going to clean up some stuff today...Air Filter, MAF Sensor, etc...
Will probably be OK after that. Was a pretty thick layer of dirt on the car from sitting so Air Filter is probably clogged up. Just put it back on the road yesterday so it may be OK after a few days of driving it.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

If you can get a new 14 or 15 that would be the way to go. It's nice to have piece of mind with the warranty plus you'll be maintaining the car from day one so as long as you maintain it properly you'll have years of driving a trouble free car. I personally would never buy used again if I can help it. I've owned my share of jalopies over the years just got tired of breaking down and always putting money into a POS. I think it might cost more getting a new car every 5 or 6 years but to me it's money well spent.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I hope everything works out for you. Used car dealers mostly are pieces of **** I'm my opinion.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #55

People do not take care of the cars anymore. Used cars are a lot of times other people's problems they trade to the dealer. Hope you get this sorted out.
mpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I have had good luck with used cars myself and it enables me to have more vehicles and no BIG payments or long term obligation. Paid 13k for my 08GT financed for 3 years. Mine was a one owner car and oil changes did show up on car fax though which was cool.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

To the OP, please keep us updated to what happens with this issue. I hope you get justice.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

No Problem. I wont know anything more till I talk to my lawyer on Friday.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #59
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well hopefully you aren't going to have to make any payments or anything.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:33 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
New is good.

The truth is most businesses when they are hit with paperwork from a lawyer have a reaction of "make this go away as quickly as possible". I'm sure they would love to get you into a new car to make all of this headache go away.

I bought my car new. Did an oil change at 1K, 3K, 6K, and then every 4K afterwards (semi-synthetic). One advantage of brand new is that you know the history and can treat it right from day one.

BTW, the oil at 1K had a lot of grit in it. My advice is to run them hard and change the oil often for the first 5-10K miles. Properly seating the rings is crucial. But you can't leave that crud in there for 20K miles, either. A $30 oil change is nothing compared to a $5K engine replacement. Oh, and yes, I wax my car every two weeks I'm hell bent on making sure this is a perfect classic car 20 years from now.

If you can back out of this entire mess, just get a 2014 new.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:08 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure hoping they back out & the sooner the better. If we have to go to court I'll have to pay the lawyer more. Just want all this to end so I can get on with buying a new car. Even if I lost in court I think I'd just let them repo it & sell it at auction. I know I'm stuck with the balance in that case.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

I can't imagine you'd lose in court. And definitely go after them for all expenses if that is the case. I'd be willing to bet they'll just take the car back and try to screw over the next person though.

In the event that it all works out and you do get a new V6, that is going to be your best bet. Just realize that the 2015 V6 is a base model only but base model these days is pretty damn well equipped IMO.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I went just to look at them & thought they were a helluva lot nicer than my 94. They really made them look nice. I thought it even looked better than the 08 GT. I'm just wondering how much of a price difference there will be between a 2015 V6 & a 2014 5.0 after New Years. I sure like the 2015 Body Style better though.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:52 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Any updates on this?
Old 12-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #65
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
I wish I could afford the 5.0 but I think I'll be quite happy with the 3.7. Once it has a Tune, Gears & Super charger it should do the trick for me. I don't really race anyone...just like to go fast when I'm on the Freeway in the middle of the night with no traffic. I only drive about 300-400 miles per mo. so a 3.7 will do.
This does not sound like a person who is on the verge of claiming bankruptcy

How will you get approved, credit wise to get the loan?
Old 12-12-2014, 04:52 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Received a Certified Letter from the dealer a few days ago saying the same B.S. they've been saying all along & they're still saying it's my car & my problem. Heading in the letter was addressed to my attorney but they sent it to me & did not send a copy to my lawyer at all.
I forwarded the letter to my attorney yesterday & he said he will be calling the owner directly this week to tell him all the evidence we have on them & give them one more chance to back down before we file to take them to court.
According to my lawyer we should be able to win this in court pretty easy. The problem I see is even if I win & they are court ordered to pay back my Down payment, Court & Lawyer Fees would be actually ever getting paid. I could end up paying thousands to a lawyer, win in court, & then the dealership just not paying me. Then I'd have to hire a lawyer again to take them back to court to get the payment.
Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier & Cheaper to buy a motor from a wrecked car at the junk yard & put it in the car. I really don't want to do that unless I have no other choice.
This whole situation has got me stressed out. I just want it over so I can have some peace of mind. I'll NEVER buy a used car from a dealership again !!! That's a promise.
Learned my lesson the hard way. I just hope this post makes those who are thinking about buying a used car from a dealership to make damned sure they're getting a good car & they have a good contract. Don't listen to their excuses why you can only test drive it a few blocks. You want to take it on a good 30-60 minute ride so the car gets as hot as it can because some problems aren't noticeable until then. You want to check the written Odometer Statement against the Odometer on the car. You want to make sure you have a warranty that covers everything for at least 90 days. Don't take NO for an answer. If the dealership is reputable they shouldn't have a problem with any of this. If they have a problem with it..my advice is to Walk Away while you can.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

The bankruptcy is now over...just waiting on the discharge letter. Just about any dealership will approve you for a High Interest Rate Loan after a bankruptcy because they know you can't file again for 10 years. I know it sounds kind of crazy...but that's how it works according to the salesman at Chapman Ford which is one of the largest dealerships in AZ. as they have a Dealership for Ford, Chevy, BMW, Dodge, VW, & more. Everyone of their lots have at least 500 New Cars & at least 100 Used Cars...probably even more as these are very large car lots. The bankruptcy cleared up a little over a thousand dollars a month for me so that made the car affordable. Not saying getting a car right away is the smartest thing to do...but considering I need a car to get to work I went out to buy a Newer Used Car that I thought would be reliable transportation for work & ended up getting screwed. Maybe it's Carma for filing bankruptcy !!!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Your lawyer should file the suit not only for your refund but attorney and court fees as well

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

All the things you said about the dealer only letting you drive it a few miles and going to a used car dealer in the first place. That's like car buying 101...

Buying from a used car dealer is a huge nono imo. Buying used from an actual ford/chevy/whatever dealer. Still have to be real careful but much safer.

Biggest thing for anyone to remember, YOU are the one in control. You are holding the money and if they want to make a sale they'll appease you. If something even is a hint of being fishy or just not right then walk. There is always going to be another especially something as common as a Mustang GT.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 12-13-2014, 12:51 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

If you have to take the car just buy an extended warranty and if the motor blows you'll get a new engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT