Is the Motor Bad ??? Lawyer Up ??? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2014, 01:00 AM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
If you have to take the car just buy an extended warranty and if the motor blows you'll get a new engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Worst advice ever. Half the time extended warranties are crap

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2014, 03:02 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
It's not looking good for me now. Lawyer called me yesterday & said I have to pick up the car from the dealership & make the payments on it till the case is over. I can't possibly pay a lawyer & the car payment too. I can only afford to pay one or the other. Not sure what to do now. I can have a rebuilt motor installed for $3200. It would take me at least 6 months to save the $3200 while making a $430 car payment + $100 mo. insurance payment. I'm not sure which way to go at this point because lawyers fees could reach $9-10K before the court case is over. Lawyer still says he can win the case. I know they say the dealership will have to pay everything back...but how many people win lawsuits everyday & never get paid ? Then...I win the lawsuit, they take the car back & I'm out a bunch of money. I'm really starting to think putting the rebuilt motor in it is the cheaper & more guaranteed way to go.
I just don't know what to do !!!
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 90 day ASC Extended Warranty which is the same as the New Car Warranty you get when you buy a new car. However, Chapman Ford Service Center said the warranty company would not cover the current motor problem because the problem was already there when the warranty was purchased. The warranty company can find that out pretty easy doing a vehicle history / car fax report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
It's not looking good for me now. Lawyer called me yesterday & said I have to pick up the car from the dealership & make the payments on it till the case is over. I can't possibly pay a lawyer & the car payment too. I can only afford to pay one or the other. Not sure what to do now. I can have a rebuilt motor installed for $3200. It would take me at least 6 months to save the $3200 while making a $430 car payment + $100 mo. insurance payment. I'm not sure which way to go at this point because lawyers fees could reach $9-10K before the court case is over. Lawyer still says he can win the case. I know they say the dealership will have to pay everything back...but how many people win lawsuits everyday & never get paid ? Then...I win the lawsuit, they take the car back & I'm out a bunch of money. I'm really starting to think putting the rebuilt motor in it is the cheaper & more guaranteed way to go.

I just don't know what to do !!!

If the lawyer is do confident, talk to him about not charging anymore if he loses.
He's keeping you from being in a breach of contract issue, which would help the dealer.
With an engine in that condition, there will probably be a lot more issues elsewhere. You might be chasing repairs for a long time.
Plus you can't let the scumbag dealer win this.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Thing I don't understand is when I have bought used cars and a warranty if the car breaks I pay deductible car is fixed. So I say take it to a different authorized warranty repair place and tell them it's broke leave out all the details you have said here and see if they fix it. Most repair places want it to be paid under warranty and will typically help you. Maybe this ford place has a hard on for this particular dealer.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

I've picked up the car & put insurance back on it. Still hear the knocking sound but it drives for now so I'm just going to drive it & hope the warranty company will do something when I call them this week. If not...I guess I'll be buying a rebuilt motor for it. It's just not possible for me to make the car payment, insurance payment & a lawyer all at the same time.
I listed my 94 GT on Craigslist today for $3000 O.B.O. (Really just looking to get $2500 so gotta start high). I have $2500 in new parts on the car alone & the car runs great so I should get the $2500. I figure that would cover most of the cost of a rebuilt motor.
I hate like hell to let this dealer get away with this but I just can't afford to fight them.
I have to call my lawyer on Monday to let him know if I want to continue or not. Unless he can settle for about $300-$350 per month I can't fight it. He was already saying the filing fees & stuff would be close to $500 & another $1000 to call in an expert witness besides his fees. He said if it goes to a full blown trial the cost could get as high as $7K -$10K.
As much as I know I should win...Nothing is ever certain !!!
The car seems to be in decent shape other than the motor. Interior is perfect. Stereo is a Pioneer HDD Avic Z2 which I see selling new for $1150. Wheels are Custom 20" that I'm sure are over $1500. Body & paint are in nice shape. Shifts good so I'm guessing the trans is good. Everything else about the car seems to be in good condition. It's like they took care of all the cosmetic stuff & paid no attention to the motor.
Oh well...gonna try to trade these 20's off for some Black & Polished 5-Spoke Wheels that are 17" or 18".
Old 12-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #77
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Have you considered small claims court for the price of the replacement motor?
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

I'll have to ask the lawyer about that. For some reason he said it would have to go to Superior court.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll have to ask the lawyer about that. For some reason he said it would have to go to Superior court.

It too much money for small claims with the whole car, but like the previous post said, small claims might work for a new engine. If you could at least get that, maybe it's not too bad.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I just found a 2007 Wrecked Mustang GT that has 62K on it I can get the motor from for $1500 & they pull it. It's at a Ford Only Junkyard here in Phx. I may tell someone if they buy me the motor they can have the 94 GT for it. Not sure about that yet...thinking about it though.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm, I wonder if the junkyard would trade me for a clean title running car ???
Old 12-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmm, I wonder if the junkyard would trade me for a clean title running car ???

I bet they might consider it! Worth a shot

Old 12-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #83
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
The reason your lawyer wants superior court is he makes more money. Small claims court would get you your money back on it. Or sue the dealer for the replacement cost
Old 12-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
The reason your lawyer wants superior court is he makes more money. Small claims court would get you your money back on it. Or sue the dealer for the replacement cost

Damn where does this dude live? It seems like the used car dealer, ford dealer, warranty company, and now the lawyer are all in cahoots to get his money!

Old 12-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #85
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
I just found a 2007 Wrecked Mustang GT that has 62K on it I can get the motor from for $1500 & they pull it. It's at a Ford Only Junkyard here in Phx. I may tell someone if they buy me the motor they can have the 94 GT for it. Not sure about that yet...thinking about it though.
I hope its not amp
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:22 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

dave73....You hit the nail on the head !!! That's exactly how I feel. I live in the Phoenix, AZ. area & honestly....it feels like no matter where you go someones always trying to get over on you. I'm starting to think there are no honest people left when it comes to money. They all have that "I'm gonna get mines" attitude. Because of that...I'm not so sure about my lawyer either. Seems like he just wants money too.
This is why I think I should just buy another motor & be done with it.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:32 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

No...not AMP Performance. The Ford Junkyard @ 43rd Ave. & Indian School. Amp would want a lot more for a motor. Just for the Inside door handle pulls Amp wanted $35 each.
I could see $10 ea. being used & at a junkyard but they wanted more than new ones.
Bought 2 Brand New ones for $30 on Ebay. May not be OEM parts but you could never tell the difference & they fit, look & work just fine. I wont buy from amp unless they have something custom like a True Fiber Hood . All other parts are way cheaper elsewhere.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Is the Motor Bad ??? Lawyer Up ???

Quote:
dave73....You hit the nail on the head !!! That's exactly how I feel. I live in the Phoenix, AZ. area & honestly....it feels like no matter where you go someones always trying to get over on you. I'm starting to think there are no honest people left when it comes to money. They all have that "I'm gonna get mines" attitude. Because of that...I'm not so sure about my lawyer either. Seems like he just wants money too.
This is why I think I should just buy another motor & be done with it.

I know the economy in that area has been hit pretty hard maybe that has something to do with things?

Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #89
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
If you want to rescind the contract, which is what you presented originally, then that goes to the higher court. It isn't a "money grab" by the attorney, it is the value of your relief.

If all you want is the cost of a replacement engine then you may be in small claims court where everyone represents themselves and can't have an attorney.

What is the relief you want?
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

I'd settle for either one. I like the car...it's just the motor I'm unhappy with.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Then gather up all of your evidence and file a small claims case against the used car dealership. They will be more willing to work with you once you file. No guarantees that you'll win but at least you will make the slimy car dealer have to go to court and explain himself.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

But remember the "slimy dealer" is kind of the victim here too! The real perpetrator is the ******bag original owner who abused the car and pawned it off in trade. Hopefully he traded it in for a Camaro and not another Mustang!

Old 12-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

It was probably some rich guys sons car. Put $$$ into Wheels & Stereo & the stuff to make it look good & afraid to get a drop of grease under his nails.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

How does the car run? Because it would not surprise if that mod motor runs another 100,000 with knock and all. I have a 5.4 liter expedition that has had a tick in it for the last 4 years no loss in power and shows no sign of failing.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

The tick is a bad Cam Phaser which is very common on the 5.4's. They will run that way. Just the noise would drive me crazy because I'd always wonder if I'm low on oil.
That's what we thought the problem was originally on the Mustang till they took the Valve Covers off & found a lot more damage.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

The car doesn't run bad. But knowing it's not getting the correct oil pressure because of the holes in the lines & that some parts aren't getting lubricated properly & that the bottom end is still full of sludge doesn't exactly comfort me. I don't know how long the motor will last but I'll drive it the way it is for now. Maybe if it seizes up the warranty company will replace it.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I read up on the cam phasers and determined it's not worth It to tear it apart and only does it at idle but I wouldn't want my mustang to sound like that but it doesn't get driven much unless the whole family goes somewhere. But I need to get rid of something we now have 6 vehicles and 2 drivers 3 mustangs, an 08 charger, 06 Expedition, and a 14 F150. It's better than a drug problem I guess! Once you get that 08 straight you will love it I could not part with mine when I got my Boss I took it to trade and could not leave it behind. Salesman actually drove it home for me. I fell in love with that car the first time I sat behind the wheel and looked at those thin line numbers in the gauges. Nice thing about that 300 HP 4.6 you can give it hell and she'll grip and go I embarrassed many much more powerful and expensive cars with mine

Old 12-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #98
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
If you want to rescind the contract, which is what you presented originally, then that goes to the higher court. It isn't a "money grab" by the attorney, it is the value of your relief.

If all you want is the cost of a replacement engine then you may be in small claims court where everyone represents themselves and can't have an attorney.

What is the relief you want?

JimC knows his stuff.

Honestly the easiest thing to do is get the motor replaced, and maybe throw in a few hundred for diminished value and it's all good.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What's the latest?
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:47 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Picked up a motor from an 07 for $1300. 91K on motor. Just driving the car like it is till I start having problems with it. Then I'll swap the motor. Waiting in case I can come up with some extra cash to do some mods.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
So you dropped the suit?
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #102
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The used car place offered to fix it.

You said:
Quote:
Ford gave them a quote of $1730 worth of parts minimum & at least 7 hours of labor they said they'd have their mechanic fix it.
Why in the world would you not let them replace the parts and fix the car??????
It would have cost you nothing. The Engine would have been repaired with the genuine "FORD" parts and you would have saved a lot of misery.

I'm just wondering !!!!!
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #103
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You said:

Why in the world would you not let them replace the parts and fix the car??????
It would have cost you nothing. The Engine would have been repaired with the genuine "FORD" parts and you would have saved a lot of misery.

I'm just wondering !!!!!
Ronnie
Re read what he posted. The user car dealer got the quote not him. They weren't going to pay the $2500 to $3000 to fix it since they knew they could pound him the *** financially which they did. I'd have gone to small claims court. I also would have ran, not walked away from the car if the dealer told me I couldn't take it to redline. That's used car buying 101.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

yes...they fooled me real good with their Veteran Owned & Operated Car Dealership.
They seemed so honest & polite & all that good stuff. Then when I took it for a test drive there was only the one person working so I understood why he couldn't be gone long & I could only go on a short test drive. I bit hook, line & sinker !!!
Was so happy to find one for sale that was Black w/ Black Leather Interior & a Stick that I kind of fell in love with it on looks.
Now I'm like that cartoon that hits himself in the head & says "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid !!!"

Also...according to the dealership they did put new parts on it & fix it. But according to Chapman Ford the motor has to be replaced & can't be fixed.
Anyways, it's running OK I guess. I'm afraid to get on it because of the motor being unable to get the correct oil pressure. Figure I'll just drive it till Summer the way it is unless the motor goes before then.

Scotty...will an Eaton M112 Super Charger fit an 08 ??? There's one on C.L. right now for $500. All it says is it's for a 4.6 Mustang.
Not for the motor in the car but for the one I'll be putting in it.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

The m112 is the stock blower off the 03/04 cobras.

Idk if they make a adapter to bolt in on a 3v.

There would be alot more to buy to make it a complete kit. Not worth it, if it can be done imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT