Will driving mustang in the snow lower its life span? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Will driving mustang in the snow lower its life span?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
what makes the mustang not last as long as everyone else's car? 99% of the vehicles I see on a daily basis are driven year round.
If you have a second vehicle that is better in the snow then of course drive that before the mustang but if its mustang vs a beater.. id drive the mustang in the snow.

I'm talking any nice car you want to keep around, no matter what make or model. Maybe you need to move to Wisconsin and see for yourself that 90-95% of the nice cars driven in the Summer are put away for the Winter months. And I'm not just talking about Mustangs, surely you don't think that I believe Mustangs are the only cars to not be driven in the Winter. Any car that you want to collect and last should be handled the same way. Drive your Mustang if you want, no one is stopping you. I'm not trying to be rude to you so please don't take it that way, but you seem to be picking my words apart. Check my sig, I have two other cars that are not Mustangs that have never seen Winter either, and to be honest, the '79 hasn't seen rain in 23 years, and the '95 hasn't seen rain in the last 3. They are not and have never been daily drivers, I am a collector. I thought the OP wanted to be a collector also. If not, run it into the ground, it's just a car.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #37
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW2 Mustang View Post
why's that? i thought it helps? seems to help me cus many times ill start to slide and then it evens me out...

When I left my traction control on, I seemed to have more trouble getting moving slowly and building up speed to get up inclines, etc. When I turned it off, I was able to slip the clutch a little and that worked best for me.

Once I was moving and not needing to take off, I switched traction control back on. It just seemed to be easier to take off with a good amount of snow on the streets with it off.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Like I said, if the car is "the one" then you only drive it on super nice summer days and memorial/labor day. If its your only car, you'll be selling it in 4-6 years 99% of the time. Been there done that. I say drive them honestly, because in 4-6 years you'll want something new regardless unless you can afford a stable of 3 or 4 cars plus your DD.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
I'll just leave this here. Attachment 170294Attachment 170295

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mine looks better - just on winter wheels now and not washed properly
GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Mine looks better - just on winter wheels now and not washed properly
If you think yours looks great that's all that matters. 99% of people will disagree but its not their car lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you think yours looks great that's all that matters. 99% of people will disagree but its not their car lol.
actually most people who seen my car in person say it reminds them of a ferrari, you guys barely seen anything from these pics
GW2 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
well that escalated quickly.
If your still alive I suggest going for a drive. Always a good time.
Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
actually most people who seen my car in person say it reminds them of a ferrari, you guys barely seen anything from these pics
Nobody is saying your car looks bad or anything. One person posted theirs because they think theirs looks better. That is their opinion. If you think yours looks better that is ALL that matters, it is your car. I know a guy who has an 80s wood sided rusted out wagon that he absolutely loves and drives to work every day. To each their own.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I like your car and glad that you love it. It's good to see someone take pride in their car. Doesn't look like a Ferrari though.
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #45
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
well that escalated quickly.
If your still alive I suggest going for a drive. Always a good time.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

came out of work today to see the police got a new ride. has winter tires on it lol 2015 winter beater
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1964826_495805143895395_3027218534242161128_n.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	171202  
Old 12-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #47

Quote:
came out of work today to see the police got a new ride. has winter tires on it lol 2015 winter beater
oh well its just a v6, and the new bodies aren't exactly something to be proud of lol.
techlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff

"Just a V6" is all the cops are going to need. Makes sense honestly. Fast enough for what they are going to do, base model is all they need, suspension is probably as good as any "cop suspension" they'd install and no turbo to coke up with as much as these cars sit idling in the heat or get started/shut off. Also, if people do get it confused for a Fusion it'll help the cops blend in lol.

As far as cops being "pigs"... there are definitely bad apples, I'm sure most ppl are all aware especially of what is going on in the USA now as far as public perception and that's as far as I'm going with that. But there are also some real good cops out there and I know there are multiple people in law enforcement on this forum. I'd ask that we all please keep it respectful when talking about any/all careers.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:38 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I can't seem to find any pics of ur Mustarrari. Can you post some pics? Can't see what kinda mods you can do to make it look like one.

Thanks

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Will driving mustang in the snow lower its life span?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
"Just a V6" is all the cops are going to need. Makes sense honestly. Fast enough for what they are going to do, base model is all they need, suspension is probably as good as any "cop suspension" they'd install and no turbo to coke up with as much as these cars sit idling in the heat or get started/shut off. Also, if people do get it confused for a Fusion it'll help the cops blend in lol.

As far as cops being "pigs"... there are definitely bad apples, I'm sure most ppl are all aware especially of what is going on in the USA now as far as public perception and that's as far as I'm going with that. But there are also some real good cops out there and I know there are multiple people in law enforcement on this forum. I'd ask that we all please keep it respectful when talking about any/all careers.

Techlit is a new member from this morning off to a rocky start. Check some other posts. Not going to make many friends.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #51
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
my winter beater is a Ferrari. I save the Stang for nice days only.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
He's a new member from this morning off to a rocky start. Check some other posts. Not going to make many friends.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am

Who techlit? Lol

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Who techlit? Lol

Correct.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 12-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #54

Quote:
is that even a cop car? cop cars usually say Police on them, even unmarked vehicles have POLICE on the license plate.
techlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlit View Post
is that even a cop car? cop cars usually say Police on them, even unmarked vehicles have POLICE on the license plate.
Could just be a personal car. I will ask the next time I work. It is always parked there along with other cop cars and driven by the officers so I assume its part of there fleet now. They also have mini vans, trucks, cars, suv's ect. so its not surprising.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT