Blown Motor. What are my options? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Blown Motor. What are my options?

Well after all the work I did to my 2010 gt I sadly blew the motor She had pretty much full bolt ons Ford racing manifold ford racing hot rod cams Jba natural long tubes jba offroad h pipe pypes bomb axle back Jlt series 3 Cai 3.73 gears and a nitrous outlet plate kit 100 wet shot she blew a week later after I had gotten her dyno tuned now I know many of you are gonna be like "there's the problem the tune" before we get there let me first say these guys have tuned many ford veichle including a 10 sec coyote I was wondering what could of caused it to blow and after looking at everything I think I found the problem I did not replace valves valve springs or nothing when putting in the cams because they were save with stock valvetarain I like an idiot didn't bother to see where it said save up to 6800k rpm the car was running great after the dyno the only thing is the car was shifting at 7k when I was taking the motor apart what did I see? Valve springs broken into 3 pieces now I'm not here to cry and blame fingers it is what it is man all I need is your guys advice what would you do? I'm pretty sure the block is gone along with the head I already have a block and heads on the way I was recently looking at MMR 5.0 stroker kit but then again I just feel like getting piston and rods and going from there I don't really know much if you guys with experience could chive in and give me advice I would appreciate it and after I get her running I'm gonna calm down on modding and leave her alone for a good while... it's hard what I'm going through I'm a full time college student and have an ok job but get paid every 2 weeks but it's life man right let me know what you guys think

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Here's a few pics

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416976369207.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	170337  
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416976450441.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	170338  
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416976532517.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	170339  
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
How about a crate motor or re manufactured block? I am curious about this because I have thought about what I would do if that were to happen to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
How about a crate motor or re manufactured block? I am curious about this because I have thought about what I would do if that were to happen to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I got a buddy of mine to get me a stock block and heads for 400$ right now the plan is sending the block to the machine shop bore it 20 over now idk if I want to get 5.0 stoker from mmr or just get piston and rods I just don't ever want this to happen again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
I understand hopefully everything goes smoothly for you. Mine has 109,000 miles on it now but it is not daily driven anymore so I have been thinking about what I would do if something happens. Have been considering buying a newer model with the coyote and less miles but I just love my 08. I bought the car on impulse and one of the reason was the retro look especially the instrumentation. Reminded me so much of sitting behind the wheel of my 68 Firebird so just want to have a plan in case the engine fails.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I understand hopefully everything goes smoothly for you. Mine has 109,000 miles on it now but it is not daily driven anymore so I have been thinking about what I would do if something happens. Have been considering buying a newer model with the coyote and less miles but I just love my 08. I bought the car on impulse and one of the reason was the retro look especially the instrumentation. Reminded me so much of sitting behind the wheel of my 68 Firebird so just want to have a plan in case the engine fails.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

With only 109k on a Ford mod motor don't count on engine failure anytime soon


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
With only 109k on a Ford mod motor don't count on engine failure anytime soon

It still runs great and very strong so you are probably right!
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
Find a Coyote out of a F150 for $2500, then start accumulating the rest of the swap parts. Or just get a real cheap replacement 3v. Do not build the 3v, not worth the money.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Find a Coyote out of a F150 for $2500, then start accumulating the rest of the swap parts. Or just get a real cheap replacement 3v. Do not build the 3v, not worth the money.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Won't I need a new tranny for the coyote out of the f150? And replacement 3v like another stock 4.6??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
All modular transmissions bolt up to the Coyote. And yes if you got a replacement motor you'd just want a low mileage JY pullout 3V and drop it right in. That's the cheapest and probably most practical option if you are on a budget.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Blown Motor. What are my options?

Finding coyotes is pretty easy. I have one sitting in my parents shed (5th year in college, still don't have a garage spot!).

Looking for a Suitable 6 speed to mount it up too. Checking those classifieds daily haha. I don't want the auto. Sorry Scott.

The TR3650 isn't exactly my transmission of choice for the 5.0 although it will mount up with little modification.

Building the 3v is just fine. It's still a good, cost effective motor when you apply boost. The coyote just has a lot more potential and CAN be a n/a beast. The 4.6 can't do much of anything n/a.

The 4.6 LOVES boost. The bottom end, however, does not.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
None of the modulars are as cost effective as the Coyote and the Coyote will do 400+ NA with relatively little work.

The 3650 is a fine option for the Coyote and bolts right to it. Biggest thing is that steep 1st gear the Coyote kind of needs. Not quite as steep as the MT82 but close. Will hold a NA bolt on Coyote's power just fine.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Blown Motor. What are my options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
None of the modulars are as cost effective as the Coyote and the Coyote will do 400+ NA with relatively little work.

The 3650 is a fine option for the Coyote and bolts right to it. Biggest thing is that steep 1st gear the Coyote kind of needs. Not quite as steep as the MT82 but close. Will hold a NA bolt on Coyote's power just fine.

The 3v compared to other motors out there is cost effective. Compared to the HUGE advances of the coyote and LS3.. Not so much.

For normal guys like you and me it's still viable for back road smiles. But you actually go to the track... I don't, right? seriously though, I don't haha. Iowa isn't much for racing.

That's good information about the tr360/coyote combo though. Maybe I'll just throw the coyote in my car and see what happens. all I need is to borrow a hoist and a couple of the accessories for the used coyote and I'm golden.

Since my car came with the 3.55's in the rear that might help balance out the taller 1st gear ratio of the 3650.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
No, the MT82 has a taller 1st than the 3650 does but besides the MT82 the 3650/t45 had the tallest 1st gear ratios available. I'd put 4.10s in it. Also remember if you do go the Coyote route you'll need the rest of the swap stuff too.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
All modular transmissions bolt up to the Coyote. And yes if you got a replacement motor you'd just want a low mileage JY pullout 3V and drop it right in. That's the cheapest and probably most practical option if you are on a budget.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Finding coyotes is pretty easy. I have one sitting in my parents shed (5th year in college, still don't have a garage spot!).

Looking for a Suitable 6 speed to mount it up too. Checking those classifieds daily haha. I don't want the auto. Sorry Scott.

The TR3650 isn't exactly my transmission of choice for the 5.0 although it will mount up with little modification.

Building the 3v is just fine. It's still a good, cost effective motor when you apply boost. The coyote just has a lot more potential and CAN be a n/a beast. The 4.6 can't do much of anything n/a.

The 4.6 LOVES boost. The bottom end, however, does not.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Wait so if I'm hearing this right my tranny would fit on a coyote? And easy to find? Where do you guys find them from kinda new to this don't know a thing lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
Wait so if I'm hearing this right my tranny would fit on a coyote? And easy to find? Where do you guys find them from kinda new to this don't know a thing lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Easiest place to find them is in the F150s in the junkyard.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Easiest place to find them is in the F150s in the junkyard.
And my 5 speed auto will fit right up and work correctly?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
All modular housings have the same bolt pattern, so any transmission ever to come on a modular engine will fit.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
All modular housings have the same bolt pattern, so any transmission ever to come on a modular engine will fit.
Didn't know that awesome! What would you do honestly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Depends, if you have the money and the know how to put in the coyote it would be an awesome motor. You could also do a rebuild to your current motor and do something like

Big Bore & Stroker Kit.
Ported & Polished heads (or TFS heads)
Big cams
Flat top pistons
Ported Ford Racing intake manifold

A 13:1 compression ratio 5.3 motor with big cams going to 7-7.5k would be pretty nasty.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
Swapping a Coyote is cheaper or at least not any more expensive than building up a 4.6L and its just a better motor. The 5R isn't the greatest automatic in the world tho... best bet would probably be to convert to a built 4r70w with a standalone controller to go along with the coyote. Or just a manual.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Depends, if you have the money and the know how to put in the coyote it would be an awesome motor. You could also do a rebuild to your current motor and do something like

Big Bore & Stroker Kit.
Ported & Polished heads (or TFS heads)
Big cams
Flat top pistons
Ported Ford Racing intake manifold

A 13:1 compression ratio 5.3 motor with big cams going to 7-7.5k would be pretty nasty.
I got a buddy that can do the work and we'll right now I'm saving up for the 5.0 stroker from MMR believe it's 2700$ was gonna get block and heads from a junk yard bore the block 20 over and go from there I have the ford racing intake manifold the ford racing hot rod cams I was on 100 shot was shifting at 7k after I got dynoed I should of replaced the valve springs all that though that's what caused it I think I read they can only hold up to 6800k on stock valvetarain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
What kind of power did you make on the 100shot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
With heads ported enough, with cams big enough, and valve springs strong enough you can go to whatever rpm you like. If you don't mind adding more weight to your front end you can get a boss block, that brings the bore out to a 3.7" bore, then use a stroker kit that uses pistons with a 3.7" bore. That'll put you to a 5.3L motor. Combine that with high compression 12:1+ and you have a nasty 3v motor. When i get out of class i'll go over what i plan for my car (4.6 but a 2v, same idea though)
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
What kind of power did you make on the 100shot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
423 not above 450 I know the 3v cant only hold alot of power it was on a mustang dyno

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
With heads ported enough, with cams big enough, and valve springs strong enough you can go to whatever rpm you like. If you don't mind adding more weight to your front end you can get a boss block, that brings the bore out to a 3.7" bore, then use a stroker kit that uses pistons with a 3.7" bore. That'll put you to a 5.3L motor. Combine that with high compression 12:1+ and you have a nasty 3v motor. When i get out of class i'll go over what i plan for my car (4.6 but a 2v, same idea though)
Sounds good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Ok. So lately i've been thinking of doing something like Brett Madsen did with his 99 Roush he autocrosses.

It is a 4.6 2v with:

Teskid Block
Ported & Polished PI heads
Stage 4.5 cams
Flat Top pistons
Forged rods and crank
Ported PI intake manifold
Normal bolt ons

With that set up he has a 13.7:1 compression ratio motor making 388rwhp and 383rwtq, NA out of a 2v. He knows for sure that with TFS heads and a better intake manifold he will be over 400rwhp NA. And that is still stock bore and stock stroke, imagine if it was also a big bore and stroker to 5.3, would probably be 450rwhp or so NA. With his set up you can get super close to it using all OEM parts

Teskid block (96-99 Cobra)
Ported PI heads (99-04 GT)
2.3cc pistons (03/04 Mach 1)
Forged rods & crank (03/04 Cobra)
PI intake manifold (99-04 GT)
The only thing aftermarket you will need are the cams (and supporting valve train work like the springs and gears, just the little stuff.

Same set up will work for a 3v, will just use the different heads and get your valve reliefs different. Its a great budget build if you want to do it OEM, or you can go all aftermarket and make it a nasty N/A motor capable of high rpms.

Oh and Nitrous loves high compression, only thing is you will need E85 for the compression in these set ups, normal gas won't work.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Blown Motor. What are my options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
And my 5 speed auto will fit right up and work correctly?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah they mount up! It's pretty cool right? I love when stuff like this just works. I really wish these "modular motors" we're more, well... Modular.

I always thought the TR3650's torque rating was 350 ft/lbs but that must be the 01-04 versions?

Soccer will know lol
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Yeah they mount up! It's pretty cool right? I love when stuff like this just works.

I always thought the TR3650's torque rating was 350 ft/lbs but that must be the 01-04 versions?

Soccer will know lol
The 3650 is the stick, not the auto. The auto is the 5R55. As for the 3650, that trans will take 500 ft lbs provided its in good shape. Input shaft is the weak point. I know what the ratings are, they take more than 350ft lbs.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The 3650 is the stick, not the auto. The auto is the 5R55. As for the 3650, that trans will take 500 ft lbs provided its in good shape. Input shaft is the weak point. I know what the ratings are, they take more than 350ft lbs.

I was more referring to why I had never considered my 3650 to be mounted to my coyote until you mentioned it in this thread.

360 ft/lbs is the "official" torque rating of the 01-04 3650's by the way.

The 05+ is "officially" 525.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
32GT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Odessa
Region: Texas
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Ok. So lately i've been thinking of doing something like Brett Madsen did with his 99 Roush he autocrosses.

It is a 4.6 2v with:

Teskid Block
Ported & Polished PI heads
Stage 4.5 cams
Flat Top pistons
Forged rods and crank
Ported PI intake manifold
Normal bolt ons

With that set up he has a 13.7:1 compression ratio motor making 388rwhp and 383rwtq, NA out of a 2v. He knows for sure that with TFS heads and a better intake manifold he will be over 400rwhp NA. And that is still stock bore and stock stroke, imagine if it was also a big bore and stroker to 5.3, would probably be 450rwhp or so NA. With his set up you can get super close to it using all OEM parts

Teskid block (96-99 Cobra)
Ported PI heads (99-04 GT)
2.3cc pistons (03/04 Mach 1)
Forged rods & crank (03/04 Cobra)
PI intake manifold (99-04 GT)
The only thing aftermarket you will need are the cams (and supporting valve train work like the springs and gears, just the little stuff.

Same set up will work for a 3v, will just use the different heads and get your valve reliefs different. Its a great budget build if you want to do it OEM, or you can go all aftermarket and make it a nasty N/A motor capable of high rpms.

Oh and Nitrous loves high compression, only thing is you will need E85 for the compression in these set ups, normal gas won't work.
Sounds good man and yeah I'm in college right now it's kinda hard to do I have 1400$ so far I'm doing it on my own like I said I'm wanting to get the 5.0 stroker from mmr 2700$ bore the block 20 over idk what compression to run and idk about the heads port them? I got a buddy who said he can get me a 4.6 block and heads for 400 from junk yard and I'm definitely gonna get valves valve springs retainers oil pump gears is that what it is? Also thinking of swapping out the cam I have the ford racing right now what do you think

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #34
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
Sounds good man and yeah I'm in college right now it's kinda hard to do I have 1400$ so far I'm doing it on my own like I said I'm wanting to get the 5.0 stroker from mmr 2700$ bore the block 20 over idk what compression to run and idk about the heads port them? I got a buddy who said he can get me a 4.6 block and heads for 400 from junk yard and I'm definitely gonna get valves valve springs retainers oil pump gears is that what it is? Also thinking of swapping out the cam I have the ford racing right now what do you think

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If you are in college I'd just get a replacement 3V and call it a day. I made the mistake of being car poor when I was younger. Your car is a nice ride even with a stock 3V in it. Save up, get a good paying job and then once the finances are set the toys will come.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you are in college I'd just get a replacement 3V and call it a day. I made the mistake of being car poor when I was younger. Your car is a nice ride even with a stock 3V in it. Save up, get a good paying job and then once the finances are set the toys will come.

+1

Having money in the bank for stuff and not scraping by is huge. There's plenty of time for Gt350s or Gt500s.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What should my next car should be: an '07/'08 Honda Civic or a 2010 Kia Soul? Berwick General Mustang Discussion 5 03-07-2010 06:31 PM
When should my second two barrels on my carb open up? fast64 The Bar 22 11-11-2004 09:28 PM
Should I or should I not? cypress Mustang Wheels & Tires 15 04-10-2004 09:30 PM
should i remove the air silencer? wiarumas Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 08-07-2003 07:20 PM
maybe we should have a meet...? edstang Regional Mustang Discussion 13 05-01-2003 03:46 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.