Totaled or not - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #36
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: texas
Region: Texas
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
This is gonna get you in trouble lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
So only mods are allowed to express their opinions and put down other people's cars?

OK i will delete my post.
techlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlit View Post
So only mods are allowed to express their opinions and put down other people's cars?



OK i will delete my post.

No not like that kind of trouble!!

Like a **** storm of 5.0 guys.

Some of The mods are kinda "meh" though. I'm starting to see a lot of undesirable things out of some of them. I can guess which one you specifically have in mind.

They know their **** though. There is no doubt about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #38
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: texas
Region: Texas
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
No not like that kind of trouble!!

Like a **** storm of 5.0 guys.

Some of The mods are kinda "meh" though. I'm starting to see a lot of undesirable things out of some of them. I can guess which one you specifically have in mind.

They know their **** though. There is no doubt about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I don't have anything against the 5.0s, i can respect the engine and anyone with passion for their mustang. but what i dont like is people who disrespect others' vehicles simply to feel better about themselves. It's all the same, people who don't even have a mustang always seem to have something negative to say about other people's mustangs.
techlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,581
Nobody disrespecting anything, I think the 4.6 is a good motor but compared to the new 5.0 and even the old 5.0 pushrod... its a distant third. You can build them to be nasty no doubt but they need a LOT of compression and race gas/e85 or they need a power adder. Need, not "nice to have", need. That's just how it is.

As for the whole "nobody needs more than a boosted modular". Yeah, there are a LOT of ppl who want more than 400-425 to the wheels especially when a NA Coyote makes that with basic bolt ons and a tune.

In the end its all what you like, if you like the 4.6L better then get one, you're not in this to make other ppl happy. But you also can't get blinded by brand/motor/body style/whatever loyalty.

And as far as mods, please, if someone has a legit issue with something a mod is doing (myself included) use the report feature.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nobody disrespecting anything, I think the 4.6 is a good motor but compared to the new 5.0 and even the old 5.0 pushrod... its a distant third. You can build them to be nasty no doubt but they need a LOT of compression and race gas/e85 or they need a power adder. Need, not "nice to have", need. That's just how it is.

As for the whole "nobody needs more than a boosted modular". Yeah, there are a LOT of ppl who want more than 400-425 to the wheels especially when a NA Coyote makes that with basic bolt ons and a tune.

In the end its all what you like, if you like the 4.6L better then get one, you're not in this to make other ppl happy. But you also can't get blinded by brand/motor/body style/whatever loyalty.

And as far as mods, please, if someone has a legit issue with something a mod is doing (myself included) use the report feature.

+1


Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Totaled or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nobody disrespecting anything, I think the 4.6 is a good motor but compared to the new 5.0 and even the old 5.0 pushrod... its a distant third. You can build them to be nasty no doubt but they need a LOT of compression and race gas/e85 or they need a power adder. Need, not "nice to have", need. That's just how it is.

As for the whole "nobody needs more than a boosted modular". Yeah, there are a LOT of ppl who want more than 400-425 to the wheels especially when a NA Coyote makes that with basic bolt ons and a tune.

In the end its all what you like, if you like the 4.6L better then get one, you're not in this to make other ppl happy. But you also can't get blinded by brand/motor/body style/whatever loyalty.

And as far as mods, please, if someone has a legit issue with something a mod is doing (myself included) use the report feature.

You really think the pushrod 5.0 is superior to the 3v? So much for not being blinded by motor/body style loyalty!

Other than that spot on.

The 3v was the answer to cars like the 350z. The new 5.0 was the answer to the LS3. It's as simple as that techlit. They just aren't even in the same league, unfortunately.

I personally love the 3v. Even in stock form I loved it. I don't think I "needed" any more (as 300 horsepower is more than enough to make anyone smile) but you eventually tame the beast and you want more. I imagine even people with 600 horsepower get used to it and want more.

High numbers in a 4.6 is possible, but not cost effective compared to a ohc 5.0.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
I actually currently own a 2004 gt convertible 4.6l, an 08 premium GT 4.6l and a 2012 Boss 302 5.0, as well as a 2014 f150 with the 5.0. I can tell you as much as I love my older 4.6 cars the Coyote is a beast especially the Boss 302Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418501576.279070.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	815.5 KB
ID:	171768


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Region: Iowa
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I actually currently own a 2004 gt convertible 4.6l, an 08 premium GT 4.6l and a 2012 Boss 302 5.0, as well as a 2014 f150 with the 5.0. I can tell you as much as I love my older 4.6 cars the Coyote is a beast especially the Boss 302Attachment 171768


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Your 08 is a friggen beast too though

Your boss is just the greatest thing since sliced bread though. If there is ever a boss in my area I might follow your lead..


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Your 08 is a friggen beast too though

Your boss is just the greatest thing since sliced bread though. If there is ever a boss in my area I might follow your lead..


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I love my 08 and that is why I kept it but if anyone has an opportunity to get there hands on a boss you need to take it. They are amazing worth every penny.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
cobrass2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 47
My new toy....still have the black one as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1422166886310.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	174176  
cobrass2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so car may be totaled *UPDATE!!* meteorachick The Bar 110 12-12-2007 04:05 PM
This Cobra Totaled? SpectorV The Bar 22 04-01-2006 07:37 PM
Local Ford GT... totaled SpectorV The Bar 4 12-19-2005 02:40 AM
friend's 05 gt, totaled tedness The Bar 20 07-04-2005 12:43 AM
My car almost got totaled Zim The Bar 7 10-04-2004 10:57 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:57 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.