Totaled or not - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #36

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
This is gonna get you in trouble lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
So only mods are allowed to express their opinions and put down other people's cars?

OK i will delete my post.
techlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlit View Post
So only mods are allowed to express their opinions and put down other people's cars?

OK i will delete my post.

No not like that kind of trouble!!

Like a **** storm of 5.0 guys.

Some of The mods are kinda "meh" though. I'm starting to see a lot of undesirable things out of some of them. I can guess which one you specifically have in mind.

They know their **** though. There is no doubt about that.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #38

Quote:
No not like that kind of trouble!!

Like a **** storm of 5.0 guys.

Some of The mods are kinda "meh" though. I'm starting to see a lot of undesirable things out of some of them. I can guess which one you specifically have in mind.

They know their **** though. There is no doubt about that.

I don't have anything against the 5.0s, i can respect the engine and anyone with passion for their mustang. but what i dont like is people who disrespect others' vehicles simply to feel better about themselves. It's all the same, people who don't even have a mustang always seem to have something negative to say about other people's mustangs.
techlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Nobody disrespecting anything, I think the 4.6 is a good motor but compared to the new 5.0 and even the old 5.0 pushrod... its a distant third. You can build them to be nasty no doubt but they need a LOT of compression and race gas/e85 or they need a power adder. Need, not "nice to have", need. That's just how it is.

As for the whole "nobody needs more than a boosted modular". Yeah, there are a LOT of ppl who want more than 400-425 to the wheels especially when a NA Coyote makes that with basic bolt ons and a tune.

In the end its all what you like, if you like the 4.6L better then get one, you're not in this to make other ppl happy. But you also can't get blinded by brand/motor/body style/whatever loyalty.

And as far as mods, please, if someone has a legit issue with something a mod is doing (myself included) use the report feature.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nobody disrespecting anything, I think the 4.6 is a good motor but compared to the new 5.0 and even the old 5.0 pushrod... its a distant third. You can build them to be nasty no doubt but they need a LOT of compression and race gas/e85 or they need a power adder. Need, not "nice to have", need. That's just how it is.

As for the whole "nobody needs more than a boosted modular". Yeah, there are a LOT of ppl who want more than 400-425 to the wheels especially when a NA Coyote makes that with basic bolt ons and a tune.

In the end its all what you like, if you like the 4.6L better then get one, you're not in this to make other ppl happy. But you also can't get blinded by brand/motor/body style/whatever loyalty.

And as far as mods, please, if someone has a legit issue with something a mod is doing (myself included) use the report feature.

+1

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Totaled or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

You really think the pushrod 5.0 is superior to the 3v? So much for not being blinded by motor/body style loyalty!

Other than that spot on.

The 3v was the answer to cars like the 350z. The new 5.0 was the answer to the LS3. It's as simple as that techlit. They just aren't even in the same league, unfortunately.

I personally love the 3v. Even in stock form I loved it. I don't think I "needed" any more (as 300 horsepower is more than enough to make anyone smile) but you eventually tame the beast and you want more. I imagine even people with 600 horsepower get used to it and want more.

High numbers in a 4.6 is possible, but not cost effective compared to a ohc 5.0.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I actually currently own a 2004 gt convertible 4.6l, an 08 premium GT 4.6l and a 2012 Boss 302 5.0, as well as a 2014 f150 with the 5.0. I can tell you as much as I love my older 4.6 cars the Coyote is a beast especially the Boss 302Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418501576.279070.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	815.5 KB
ID:	171768

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I actually currently own a 2004 gt convertible 4.6l, an 08 premium GT 4.6l and a 2012 Boss 302 5.0, as well as a 2014 f150 with the 5.0. I can tell you as much as I love my older 4.6 cars the Coyote is a beast especially the Boss 302Attachment 171768

Your 08 is a friggen beast too though

Your boss is just the greatest thing since sliced bread though. If there is ever a boss in my area I might follow your lead..

Old 12-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Your 08 is a friggen beast too though

Your boss is just the greatest thing since sliced bread though. If there is ever a boss in my area I might follow your lead..

I love my 08 and that is why I kept it but if anyone has an opportunity to get there hands on a boss you need to take it. They are amazing worth every penny.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My new toy....still have the black one as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1422166886310.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	174176  
cobrass2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT