Ground Control Spring Review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Ground Control Spring Review

So I bought the Ground Control springs recently and installed them today. Overall it took about 6 or 7 hours, but I have very little mechanical experience and didn't rush. The kit looks well made, but the instructions were horrible, there were two diagrams included with the kit, but no actual step by step instructions. The front diagram didn't even show the completed coilover, so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to assemble everything. With that being said it was still doable, it just takes more time and you find yourself second guessing a lot. I used YouTube videos to figure out how to disassemble and reassemble the springs and used the diagrams to install the mounts. I began with the rear springs since they seemed easiest and ran into my main problem installing the rear mount. The T bolt that is supposed to hold the mount down would tighten but the mount would still wiggle. The T bolt actually began to bend so tightening the bolt wasn't the issue, In my opinion it didn't seem like a good design. I called customer service, and while they were friendly, they didn't help at all. They basically told me that the mount shouldn't wiggle, but didn't give me any ways to fix it, so basically I was SOL. After reassembling the rear springs and lowering the car back down the mount is extremely tight and I've decided to just leave it and keep and eye on it, the customer service representative said it would be fine. The front springs assembled as easily as possible with no instructions. I also ended up with 4 O rings that I have no clue what to do with, they weren't mentioned in the instructions and I never came across a point where I felt that they were needed, if anybody knows where they belong please tell me. Overall the install went fairly well, and a good set of instructions would go a long way with this kit. I don't really understand how a product that cost over $400 has no instructions. As a college student on a budget the kit was exactly what I needed I was able to have ride height adjustability without breaking the bank, unfortunately the lower cost meant shortcuts in places like the instructions. I haven't been able to drive the car much since I installed the kit, but it seems to have increased the feel from the road without making the ride harsher. I had 375# springs in the front, and ground control allows you to have custom spring rates. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer it to the best of my ability. I only installed the springs so I can't answer any questions about the entire kit.
PonyOnTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT