Exhaust Exhaust Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust Exhaust Exhaust

I've been stuck on exhaust for awhile and I've tried many different setups, with a Pypes off road h pipe, and which stock h pipe. I've decided to just go ahead and do the full exhaust (headers back). What is the best setup you guys have heard, or currently have? I am a big fan of borla and planning on getting borla stingers btw
cdouglas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Mid mount the stingers!

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Borlas are great! Post a video when you get them installed. I'm thinking about Roush extreme exhaust for my 427r. When I get my termi it's getting some Borla ataks on that bad boy.

Proud owner of:
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS pure original 327 300hp,360ftlbs Muncie 21 4spd, 12 bolt rear, mist blue white interior, 17in cragar thrust wheels, super 44 flow master mufflers. status: 98% restored

2008 Roush 427R #528 All stock except Roush billet grille, Roush CAI 460hp, 425ftlbs, 5spd vista blue white graphics black leather with blue inserts, stock Roush wheels and exhaust. Status: waiting for many many upgrades

70 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 290hp factory rated (bull****) 4spd hemi Orange black interior rallye wheels, T/A exhaust. status: restoration in progress

75 MGB convertible 1.8L 90hp, of pure evil, 4spd Mars red (VW color) black top black interior wire wheels. Status: restored and for sale

Hunting for a black 03 terminator 10th anniversary coupe
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Stingers or Corsas are your best bet with these cars.

Mid mounting is optimal, but if it's easier for you to just do the axle back you won't take that big of a hit.

I ran the stinger axle back for a long time, paid a shop to chop it up and mid mount it, and then was like "ehhh maybe I could of spent that money better elsewhere".

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I have Bassani X-pipe w/ Borla Exhaust. You def get a great sound out of the combination. I've gotten many compliments on it. Ppl will def know it's you coming down the street when they hear it.
NADENE05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas12 View Post
I've been stuck on exhaust for awhile and I've tried many different setups, with a Pypes off road h pipe, and which stock h pipe. I've decided to just go ahead and do the full exhaust (headers back). What is the best setup you guys have heard, or currently have? I am a big fan of borla and planning on getting borla stingers btw
I just recently did the off-road h setup with the stingers (axle-back) and let me tell you...wow. Sounds awesome! One thing however, I'm really digging the sound of this setup with some high flow cats.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
UB2PED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Borla stingers or cords sport the cords sport will be louder but they both sound good with headers and off road x. However if you get cams I'd recommend corsa the lope is mesmerizing..😎

dude0715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:04 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas12 View Post
Realistically speaking how loud do you want to go? Like wake the dead? Hear you from 3/4 a mile away? Long Tubes or Shorty's?

My greatest set up was BBK LT's into a customer O/R H into a Borla Touring Axleback...Regrettably I have no videos of this either but it was truly amazing!

I'm really a sucker for H-Pipes as well!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I want to be able to wake the dead. I had an off road h pipe with the Roush extreme and I loved how loud it was. Start up got too loud after a while but still loved the volumes while driving. I'm just looking for something deep like borla and want to do a full exhaust. Long tube headers and all
cdouglas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I've had StainlessWorks exhaust on my car for a while and get a lot of compliments on the sound. I have 1-3/4 Longtubes, 3" exhaust with high flow cats and x-pipe. Very nice system
Mark221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
http://youtu.be/rsuxhE264Pc

http://youtu.be/N_LTjl2H9ak

Ross2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust