think im going to sell my mustang to the ford dealer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:49 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Michigan
think im going to sell my mustang to the ford dealer

I love cars and mustangs are my favorite but I think its too expensive of a hobby for me, I was in the military but now I am on disability and I just cant afford it, and I feel like considering I only spend a tiny fraction of my day actually in my car since I finished modifying it and it hardly needs any work on a daily basis besides a weekly wash, and during the winters I store it completely, which is like almost half the year - i feel like its too expensive living on a fixed income. also it sucks considering 1 accident can totally your car and make you lose all the money you invested, and even if its not totaled, it will never be the same even after its fixed, and also everyone knows cars are a negative investment. and girls have treated me like **** all my life and i dont even care what they think anymore.

another hobby i like is computers, I build my own gaming computer, I guess you could call it a "performance computer" and I think I will just stick to computers and games and stuff, they are a lot cheaper than car parts, and I spent probably 90% of my day on the computer on any given day.

I was reading an article talking about how you should put your money where you spend most of your time, and i really got to thinking how even when i drive my mustang everyday in the summer, its a tiny fraction of my day spent in the car, and at this point its really a huge waste for me because i have limited money and im hurting too much financially just to impress people i don't know at this point.

I think for a lot of people who have nice paying jobs its a great hobby, and they don't know how lucky they are, but for people like me I'm gonna sell my car, and maybe in heaven I'll have the car of my dreams and tons of money and a nice house and a perfect girlfriend
Manaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If you need to talk to someone, anonymously, about life and what's going on, there are options.

http://www.remedylive.com

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Many of us put lots of time into things that aren't our favorite things. For some it may be a job, or some other duty that you just have to do. I would modify what you read by saying put your expendable/disposable money where you derive the most enjoyment, most of the time that won't be where you spend the most time.

If you sell your car to a Ford dealer you're going to get a reduced trade-in value for it. Think about it, the dealer's just going to turn around and sell it to someone else for full market value and since he's not going to buy the car from you unless you sell it below market value, you're going to loose money. You're better off selling it yourself privately.

Lastly, your post does not sound like you are in the best frame of mind at the moment for making big decisions. Work through that first.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Put the car on eBay and Craigslist. Don't take it to the dealer; all a dealer is good for is ripping people off on their cars.

Proud owner of:
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS pure original 327 300hp,360ftlbs Muncie 21 4spd, 12 bolt rear, mist blue white interior, 17in cragar thrust wheels, super 44 flow master mufflers. status: 98% restored

2008 Roush 427R #528 All stock except Roush billet grille, Roush CAI 460hp, 425ftlbs, 5spd vista blue white graphics black leather with blue inserts, stock Roush wheels and exhaust. Status: waiting for many many upgrades

70 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 290hp factory rated (bull****) 4spd hemi Orange black interior rallye wheels, T/A exhaust. status: restoration in progress

75 MGB convertible 1.8L 90hp, of pure evil, 4spd Mars red (VW color) black top black interior wire wheels. Status: restored and for sale

Hunting for a black 03 terminator 10th anniversary coupe
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Good thoughts, Ultarc. Thanks for posting.
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Another thing to consider is you can be into cars and enjoy the hobby without dropping everything you have into it. I live in a city and park in a parking deck and don't have as much time as I would like to enjoy and work on my car which is part of the reason I got the 14 V6. Its a fun car to drive everyday, didn't break the bank as I save for a house, yet I can still tastefully mod it a little and have fun with it. Is it the fastest car, no but its probable one of my favorite cars I've owned. And was actually surprised some of the complements I get on it.

As you said everyone's situations are different as far a priorities, income, etc. and that's a choice you have to make and what makes the most sense for you. Just know you can have a fun car without breaking the bank just have to use your head and keep your priorities in line. Based on where you posted this I assume you have a 05-10 GT, have you considered selling and buying a slightly older car?
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
Road Trip!

sorry, i made this thread when i was very upset - im trying to be ok, i love my car its literally my dream car and im gonna do everything i can to hold onto it until i die, and after i die im taking it with me to my heaven.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
Road Trip!

thing is that i much rather sell/trade in my stang to a dealer than to deal with the dumbasses on craigs list - when I was selling my 03 termy years ago got tons of calls of people just wanting to "test drive" it, and then you got the people who dont even want to buy it but will spend days just texting you and then last minute say "actually i think im gonna go buy a brand new shelby (wtf?)"

and then one guy tried to say "this car isn't really worth that much to me" and tried to offer me like 7k less than what I was asking....consdiering I treat all my cars like they are my kids and how mint they are....I almost strangled him.

hate dealing with people and all that stuff and much rather trade it in a dealer, BUT ive grown so attached to this car i don't think i can ever part with it...ive had it for so many years already and I got everything set up just the way I want it, no way im letting some prick take it from me! people let me down every single day, but this car has never let me down!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT