stripes? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Michigan
stripes?

thinking of getting some black 10" wide dual racing stripes on my roof, hood, and trunk. I was going to go all the way down to the bumper but doing just roof, hood, trunk seems "cleaner" to me, which is a theme I'm trying to keep for my car.

do you guys think the stripes would be a good idea? Is it better to get black or matte black? how do vinyl stripes fare in the winter/snow/salt/below freezing temperature? Going to wait til spring/summer (temps above 70) to install them hehe.

also is there any special maintenance/conditioning needed for vinyl stripes?

Another plus I just thought about the stripes: I got a couple tiny hail dents that can only be seen in certain angles that piss me off! The stripes will cover them 2 birds, 2 stripes, 1 awesome car
Manaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Don't count on the stripes "hiding" the hail dents. They will be seen just as much with the stripes, as the stripe will adhere "into" the dent.

What you could do is fill in the dents with body filler and sanding prior to installing the stripes; the stripe will be acting like the "new paint", and the dents will no longer be noticeable.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Don't count on the stripes "hiding" the hail dents. They will be seen just as much with the stripes, as the stripe will adhere "into" the dent.

What you could do is fill in the dents with body filler and sanding prior to installing the stripes; the stripe will be acting like the "new paint", and the dents will no longer be noticeable.
actually thats the thing, the dents aren't even fillable cus they are so light that you can only see them in certain angles if the light hits them - otherwise when you run your finger over them or look at them u cant even see them. But I may have a pdr guy look at it - that is, if i get the stripes, should i get them??

Also should I get black stripes or matte black stripes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Im thinking the same thing for my car. I have the torch red with same decklid. I think your right, with the decklid it looks best to end the stripe there and not go to bumper.
Right now I plan to go gloss stripe, but your colour red would look good either way. I've seem a lot of scratches showing in the matte black.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I think stripes would be a great idea on your car and from my personal experience with them I'd recommend matte black the gloss black tends to show dirt and scuffs or marks really easy. And you can probably get 2-3 years of life out of them before any cracking if you park outside at night but if your garaged 5 plus years. I had my white ones for 6 years before any cracking started.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mustang_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

If you get them from American muscle they sell you the full set. That's what's on mine it looks great.

wingntt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

And I live in Florida can't tell us.

wingntt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
stripes?

I'm wondering what my 07 would look like with a matte black vinyl and grabber blue stripes 😎 any photoshop experts here?

2013 Mustang GT Auto [Ruby!] Pypes Super Catback system, RTR Shocks/Struts, SR Lowering Springs, SVE Series 3 rims, GT/CS spoiler, RTR chin spoiler, JBA H pipe, Eibach LCA, SR panhard bar...Vortech JT Trim coming soon
KP_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP_510 View Post
I'm wondering what my 07 would look like with a matte black vinyl and grabber blue stripes 😎 any photoshop experts here?

I am very skilled with photoshop, I use it a lot to plan my car, but I love using Forza 4 because it has early s197 in my color and believe it or not I play around with it a lot before modding irl.

I wanted to see how the stripes would look so I loaded it up, (BTW i am getting the stripes installed on thursday just gotta kill today and tomorrow then I EARN MY STRIPES!! (I can say that cus I was in the air force )

though forza 4 doesn't have most of my mods, like smoked lights and mirrors and etc...but i like how it looks

I give you, my forza 4 stang (the stripes go into the bumper a bit cus theres no way to get them on straight on the hood to the edge unless you go a bit to the bumper, I asked around the forza community and they also said theres no way)

not the best pics cus there always seems to be a sun glare, you can see it better with the white background mode, but these one's are prettier

Old 02-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
I hope they will put an s197 in horizon two. Which it will most likely be the 07 gt500. Nothing wrong with the gt500 but body wise I like the gt more. Wishing they would start putting Roush mustangs in their games...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I hope they will put an s197 in horizon two. Which it will most likely be the 07 gt500. Nothing wrong with the gt500 but body wise I like the gt more. Wishing they would start putting Roush mustangs in their games...

Adventure till you drop
Ikr, thats why i love forza 4 the best, it has the most cars out of all the games and the way the new generation games are going with putting a paywall behind every little thing it just makes me not want to play at all. My xbox 1 literally collects dust now.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaan View Post
Ikr, thats why i love forza 4 the best, it has the most cars out of all the games and the way the new generation games are going with putting a paywall behind every little thing it just makes me not want to play at all. My xbox 1 literally collects dust now.

Only thing I didn't like about forza 4 is they didn't have the 911 gt1 StraBenversion...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I think that kind of stripe would look great. I think I would go matte black but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #14
Road Trip!

In a couple hours the stripes will be striped on its only 3 (three) degrees F out here today so i prolly wont be able to enjoy them much, gonna drive to the shop, get em on then drive home...but next day above freezing imma wash my whip and rock out with my stripes out

rocking out to some JB-boyfriend, love the boss mustang in the video (lotta other cool cars in the video too) i can just picuture me crusiing down the streets of downtown and by the college but i wont play this song outloud cus lotta people dont like JB, but imma be like slow with my shades "id like to be, every thing u want, hey girl..let me talk to u - if i was ur boyfriend, never let you go. keep you on my arm girl, never be alone...and i can be a gentleman, anything u want...if i was your boyfriend, never let you go... and then do donuts/drifts and be like "nanana nanana nanana hey girl"

if i was your boyfriend.

btw lotta people talking about driving mustangs in winter, whenever i feel down about it i just look at these pics (snow tires>all):

Old 02-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Well, here we go.

I'd like to be, everything you want. Hey girl, let me talk to you

If I was your boyfriend

Never let you go

Never let you go

Old 02-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm always thinking of stripes but can never say okay I'm doing it. I guess I haven't found the right fit in color and size for my mustang

jedisaias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #17
Road Trip!

does anyone like my stripes? i asked a bunch of people and so far got mostly negative feedback its really upsetting me to the point where i just want to go junk my car.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yours don't look as bad as you make them sound. They look descent. I have a set of matte black stripes on mine. They came on it but I've never removed them. I've had the car almost 4 years and the stripes are still looking good. So keep positive about your ride. All that Matters is that it looks good to you. Once you start adding some black accents to the car like lights all the way around car. Then maybe add black decklid. So don't worry my friend.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:32 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPrice View Post
Yours don't look as bad as you make them sound. They look descent. I have a set of matte black stripes on mine. They came on it but I've never removed them. I've had the car almost 4 years and the stripes are still looking good. So keep positive about your ride. All that Matters is that it looks good to you. Once you start adding some black accents to the car like lights all the way around car. Then maybe add black decklid. So don't worry my friend.

Thanks i appreciate it! but ya i already do have a black decklid and tail lights
Old 02-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Well there's still plenty of stuff to do like adding black rims later down the road when you have more money. Or a black fuel door. I even had my spoiler painted matte black along with the bottom of my rear bimper. Then I added a black chin spoiler and all these extra black parts help the stripes look that much better. AT LEAST in my opinion but good luck.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

You can even upgrade to a hid front light setup and get smoked lenses so they appear more black.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Here are some pics of what I have done to my car. Tell me what you think. The sun caused a little glare and the car is a little dirty. But these pics have the HID headlights that I have they are a angle eye look and look even better with day time running lamps on and I forgot to include a picture of them on. The fog lights are hid too with halo ring that lights up. The rear tail lights are Leds but I might be switching them to the latest conversion that looks like the newer mustang tail lights. Anyways your car is coming along.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423957067161.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	175392   Click image for larger version

Name:	1423957085178.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	175393  

Name:	1423957101983.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	175394   Click image for larger version

Name:	1423957120197.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	175395  

Name:	1423957138324.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	175396   Click image for larger version

Name:	1423957159517.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	175397  

Old 02-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

I like the black out spoilers and the diffuser (or exhaust bumper cutouts, I don't know/care what it's called). Maybe black out the hood scoop, I think it will look good with the Orange.
OP your car looks great, I never thought black stripes look good on darker colored cars. But it works on yours. I'm about to freshen up the graphics on my car when I get back from vacation...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks great recon. Can't wait to see what u do. I'm always thinking about changing something. I'm about to get some sve series 2 19" rims with staggered setup with black with polished lip. I can't wait!

Old 02-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

stripes?

Very cool, post when you get them...
My graphics are just getting a little old. Chips, cracks, sun fading, and black smudges. I bought it like that, time to freshen them up. But going to do something a little different.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423963373.570915.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	175400
That's my car, with my best friend in it.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423963415.741291.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	175401the P-51 Roush has a wider hood stipe (22in) going to put it on (in white, not green). I've already got the Roush billet grille and Roush emblem.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423963529.873758.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	175402 work in progress, previous owner didn't give a ***** about the car so I'm bringing back to its former glory...
I've got Roush louvers painted and ready to be put back on... I had the rear louver custom painted the same color as my car, don't care for the flat black louver, so painted it vista blue...
On a side note just call me TGR, all my Xbox amigos do...

Adventure till you drop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT