Roush Extreme Exhaust Knockoff?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Roush Extreme Exhaust Knockoff??

Hey guys, so I had an idea. This idea came from me doing some browsing online and watching some videos and I came to this. I have a set of MBRP muffler deletes laying around and I just ordered some hi flow cats for my off-road H pipe. So hypothetically, if I get the converters on, throw some resonators on, and put my muffler deletes on, I should be able to achieve close to the same sound I hear from the Roush Extreme set-up? Give or take a few octaves? The hi flows should give me a little but more volume than stock cats, which all the videos I watched consisted of stock cats. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques?

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
UB2PED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa

Are you gonna use roush resonators? If so I would imagine the sound would be almost identical. I doubt their cat-back pipes change the sound much at all. I actually think the stock 2.5 mandrel bent pipes are as good as it's gonna get anyway, but that's just one mans opinion.

That being said, I would say you would be in pretty good shape going this route. I approve of the high flow cats, too. They make the exhaust sound a lot more crisp and refined imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I didn't know you could buy their resonators, so I'll take a look into that. The main thing right now is, I already have Borla s-types and am not a fan of the trumpeting they give off (I have an auto). So, I want to see what hi flows do with the Borla, and then if I don't like it, I'll go back to the deletes and put the resonators on. Seems like the best course right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB2PED View Post
Well, I didn't know you could buy their resonators, so I'll take a look into that. The main thing right now is, I already have Borla s-types and am not a fan of the trumpeting they give off (I have an auto). So, I want to see what hi flows do with the Borla, and then if I don't like it, I'll go back to the deletes and put the resonators on. Seems like the best course right now.

Trumpeting, you say?

You don't happen to be running the Pypes off-road H, are you?

Old 02-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Trumpeting, you say?

You don't happen to be running the Pypes off-road H, are you?

Yes sir, I am. For some reason, its really bad on my car.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes sir, I am. For some reason, its really bad on my car.

Yeah, I knew as soon as you said you had a off-road H and trumpeting that you had the pypes H. It's notorious for trumpeting, even more so than other off-road pipes.

The high flow cats you got coming will clean it up and get rid of it completely. It's not the s-types

If I were you I would install the cats, install the MBRP muffler delete, and then have a shop mid-mount your s-types (where you would the roush resonators). That's my favorite exhaust sound and seems to be the most cost effective for you since you already have all the parts.

This car has the stock midpipe and cats so you car will be a bit louder, but should maintain the same tone

Old 02-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
Yeah, I knew as soon as you said you had a off-road H and trumpeting that you had the pypes H. It's notorious for trumpeting, even more so than other off-road pipes.

The high flow cats you got coming will clean it up and get rid of it completely. It's not the s-types

If I were you I would install the cats, install the MBRP muffler delete, and then have a shop mid-mount your s-types (where you would the roush resonators). That's my favorite exhaust sound and seems to be the most cost effective for you since you already have all the parts.

This car has the stock midpipe and cats so you car will be a bit louder, but should maintain the same tone

Never thought about mid-mounting the stingers. All in all, how much would cutting my axle-back and mid-mounting them run me? I figure the cats will be cheaper, but I think welding is in order for those.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never thought about mid-mounting the stingers. All in all, how much would cutting my axle-back and mid-mounting them run me? I figure the cats will be cheaper, but I think welding is in order for those.

Yeah welding is in order, but it would be the same for the resonators.

It cost be 120$ to have a reputable shop hack up my s-type Axleback and mid-mount it. Also keep in mind- I didn't have a muffler delete so they also had to make me one. Since you have a muffler delete you will probably only be sitting at ~60-80$ for the work which I think is well worth it. I love that sound haha.

You may still need cats to kill the trumpeting, though.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I had the same issue. Pypes O/R H + Borla S-Types. Solved with some mid-mounted Pypes M-80s. If I could go back I'd just do high-flows instead to cure the trumpeting + fumes.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, well know that I've watched a library of videos on this, it will be my goal that I do this to my car lol. I didn't ever realize that, aside from different number of valves, the mufflers in the center of any mustang after 1999, can all have that "hollow" sound just by mid-mounting. Curious thing exhaust is lol.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

If anybody is curious about mid-mounting, here's a really good picture of how it should look. Just before the rear axle it seems.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423758852895.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	175250  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust