5 Stage Build - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #1

Region: Georgia
5 Stage Build

What's going on everyone, I'm currently in the process of building a turbocharged Mustang. I broke it down into 5 stages tell me what you think, and how I can make it better. I'm not much of a gearhead, but I'm going to try and do most of it myself. I already completed stage 1.

Stage 1: Exterior

-Raxiom Gen 5 Tail Lights
-MGP Red Caliper Covers
-Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back
-CDC Chin Spoiler
-Power stop Rotor and Pad Kit
(I have then but there not put on because they{American Muscle} only sent me 3, still waiting)
-MMD Retro Mirror
-MMD GT350 Window Cover
-J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and back
-Smoked fog light covers

Stage 2: Engine

-SR Performance 62mm Throttle Body
-C&L Racer Cold Air Intake/Bama Tuner
-SR Performance Oil Separator
-FRPP Intake Manifold
-FRPP Hot Rod Cams
-FRPP Phaser Bolts

Stage 3: Suspension

-SR Performance Lowering Springs
-Koni STR.T Front Strut
-Koni STR.T Rear Shock
-Eibach Stay Bar Kit
-Whiteline Control Arm Relocation Bracket
-SR Performance Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
-SR Performance Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
-SR Performance Double Adjustable Parhard Bar
-J&M Camber Plates
-SR Performance Strut Tower Brace

Stage 4: Drivetrain

-MGW Shifter
-One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft
-Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch
-Exedy Lightweight Flywheel
-Krooks Header and Off-Road X Pipe Combo

Stage 5: Turbo

-Autolight HT0 Sparkplug
-FRPP 39lb Fuel Injectors
-FR Duel Fuel Pump Kit
-Jim Napier Custom 67mm Turbo kit

So that's about it all feedback is welcome.
albieg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #2

Nice build list man. I will say that I've heard a lot of people talk down upon throttle bodies that aren't BBK or Ford Racing and recently was told of its not Ford Racing, then you'll have drivability issues, guess that's why the throttle body they make is $600 alone but this is all that I'm told seeing as I still have my stock one on in fear of getting an aftermarket and having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JustA3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'd switch suspension and engine, no use having the extra power if you can't put it down more effectively, also, get better tires.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 01:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustA3V View Post
I've heard a lot of people talk down upon throttle bodies that aren't BBK or Ford Racing and recently was told of its not Ford Racing, then you'll have drivability issues

I never heard that before, I thought it was because they're money hungry. I already bought that part. I hope it's not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz
I'd switch suspension and engine, no use having the extra power if you can't put it down more effectively, also, get better tires.

Yeah it makes sense, but I figure at the most I'll be making 330hp I will have to wait until I get it dyno to figure out the real numbers, that wont be too hard on the stock suspension. and as far as tires go, I don't know if you can see the picture but I have 20' Downforce wheels wrapped in Nitto 555 forgot to put that on there.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #5

Yeah, a local mustang shop told me that but then again it could be that their money hungry also I'm not sure but it definitely kept me away from buying an aftermarket for the time being and it also doesn't help that everyone I know has the Ford Racing one, nobody has another brand around here

JustA3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustA3V View Post
Yeah, a local mustang shop told me that but then again it could be that their money hungry also I'm not sure but it definitely kept me away from buying an aftermarket for the time being and it also doesn't help that everyone I know has the Ford Racing one, nobody has another brand around here

I just cant see myself spending $500 for one, and it only giving me 10hp gains maybe
Old 02-21-2015, 02:56 AM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
1. BBK throttle bodies very commonly give idle issues and CELs. I would stick with Ford Racing.

2. You need better tires than the 555s, they are pretty much WD40 around your wheels

3. You don't need adjustable lower control arms

4/5. Since you are doing cams and you also want to turbo it you might as well upgrade the bottom end because if you are doing a build like this you already know you are going to want more power. And then you may as well port the heads, with all that you will see some really good gains.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
1. BBK throttle bodies very commonly give idle issues and CELs. I would stick with Ford Racing.
I had already bought my SR throttle body

Quote:
2. You need better tires than the 555s, they are pretty much WD40 around your wheels
Oh ok well what tires do you recommend? I was want something sticky that I can use for autocross.

Quote:
3. You don't need adjustable lower control arms
Why, I heard those are good for hooking up on the Drag strip.

Quote:
4/5. Since you are doing cams and you also want to turbo it you might as well upgrade the bottom end because if you are doing a build like this you already know you are going to want more power. And then you may as well port the heads, with all that you will see some really good gains.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
I heard it was always best to just buy an already built motor and it will also save a lot more money in the long run. What do you think?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT