New to the forum - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
New to the forum

I’m new to the whole mustang evolution forum, and mustang world in general. I guess first I want to ask opinions on my ride. It’s a 2007 GT that I just traded for. What are your thoughts on it? What could I do to improve the car’s looks?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustangback.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	176076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustangfront.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	176077  

E_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I love the lip on the car. The great thing about these muscle cars are that every little part makes a difference in the appearance. Me preferable am going for a Eleanor look so I'm looking at adding the window Louvers the side Louvers the hood and the grille with the fog lights closer together eliminating the emblem Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424798177.442647.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	176082

2006 Ford Mustang GT
MustangGTZXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the Forums...She looks mean man!!! Looks like the previous owner took care of her. I'd say aesthetically she looks good to go, maybe get a shorty antenna, but at this point i would focus under the hood.
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! The lip has been the only thing I've put on it myself. I also really want to window louvers, but I'm afraid they will effect the visibility. You know of any that you can still semi see out of?
Old 02-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It already has a ROUSH cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust, but no other performance upgrades. Seeing as I'm still in school i am on a limited budget. What are some affordable under the hood upgrades?
Old 02-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Strut tower brace, for running through the Twisty's?
Old 02-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sam View Post
Thanks! The lip has been the only thing I've put on it myself. I also really want to window louvers, but I'm afraid they will effect the visibility. You know of any that you can still semi see out of?
Be very careful of altering your rear visibility, E_Sam. The Mustang already has the impediment of too-small mirrors. Your ride already looks fantastic - no need to tart her up!
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Depends on what you mean by affordable. You could always save up for a Bama or Diablo Tuner and tune that bad boy. I prefer the Bama, but that's just me, others like the Diablo.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ive really been considering a tuner, but I already have a brace. Here is a pic of under the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustangunder.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	920.9 KB
ID:	176086  
Old 02-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah thats the best thing you could do, eveything is run by the cpu its not like the old classics. To get the most a Tuner is paramount
Old 02-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Yeah thats the best thing you could do, eveything is run by the cpu its not like the old classics. To get the most a Tuner is paramount
What is a good basic tuner, and how much would I be looking at?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

For an X4 with Custom Tunes (whomever you choose) you're looking at $375 but its worth every penny
Old 02-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Check Americanmuscle.com I like the stuff they have and then check other places for cheaper stuff. For example I found the CCFL halo headlights cheaper on eBay same exact ones

2006 Ford Mustang GT
MustangGTZXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

What is your all's opinion on halo fog lights with reg. head lights? I love the way the Raxiom halos look, but everything i read say they just don't provide as much light. So i thought i might replace only the fog lights with halos. Would that look bad with the stock head lights?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Not gonna lie the halos will be a different color so your are gonna want to change the headlight bulbs to match. The halos have a clear blue haze while the headlights gave off yellowish haze. But as i said they can be changed to match
Old 02-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Not gonna lie the halos will be a different color so your are gonna want to change the headlight bulbs to match. The halos have a clear blue haze while the headlights gave off yellowish haze. But as i said they can be changed to match
Thats a good idea! hadn't even considered changing the bulbs to help match them.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah bro car modding is addictive and extremely fun haha. I dont have kids so my stang is the only thing i have to take care of. Good luck with your build keep us posted on what you got planned for her
Old 02-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Anything and everything you want at great prices here!
Ford Mustang Parts | AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping (ONLY MUSTANG PARTS)
Mustang Parts & Performance - Free Shipping - Steeda Autosports - Free Shipping! (my go to spot)
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

My first decision was the use of the ride. I was not going to live at the strip so I opted to go where I could see and enjoy the fruits of my mods. I did the outside, then the inside, the engine bay, and finally the engine where I am now. REMEMBER, all the $$ that goes in will never come out. What you may think is dope will not always translate as a must have for others. The engine mods are suspected to mean you trashed or ran it hard. Dress up mods are the easiest to remove and sell separately. I did most of mine on the cheap by trolling ebay and craig's list. Ask the guys who are involved in what you are considering FIRST. I would recommend going to shows and actually see what the mods look like on a ride B4 you bite. Good luck, just take it slowly. "Do it RIGHT, do it once" - "Price is NOT king."

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonKnight View Post
My first decision was the use of the ride. I was not going to live at the strip so I opted to go where I could see and enjoy the fruits of my mods. I did the outside, then the inside, the engine bay, and finally the engine where I am now. REMEMBER, all the $$ that goes in will never come out. What you may think is dope will not always translate as a must have for others. The engine mods are suspected to mean you trashed or ran it hard. Dress up mods are the easiest to remove and sell separately. I did most of mine on the cheap by trolling ebay and craig's list. Ask the guys who are involved in what you are considering FIRST. I would recommend going to shows and actually see what the mods look like on a ride B4 you bite. Good luck, just take it slowly. "Do it RIGHT, do it once" - "Price is NOT king."
I would not always agree with this. When it comes to reselling a Mustang GT unlike other cars its not the same ball game. Mustang GT buyers are looking for a sports car thats looks "dope" as you put it. Otherwise they would go for the V6. Its the only reason people get the GT. When trade ins are concerned? Yes 100% True; however if you are privately selling your car thats a whole different ball game. You can also sell to a specialty dealership for more money. Down here in orlando we have a dealership that sells nothing but modded sports cars. People go there looking for nice looking/moded rides. My fancy stripes alone upped the value of my car. When it comes to GTs, visually nice looking cars almost always bring in more $$
Old 02-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to the club. A tune should be one of your first mods, aside from rims/tint/exhaust imo...nice ride

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Your area is indeed fortunate to have a specialty dealer for one offs. I have a 06 GT with 20,000 miles and $15,000 into it. I cannot see anyone, dealer or private willing to give me near what I have into it. The problem many face in selling their ride is they want or need to sell it quickly and are not able to wait as long as it may take to finally find the right buyer. Anyway knowledge up front is better than regret on the back end.

CAI,6pt.Cage,FRPPSprings,Raptor,UDP,Hurst,SiliconeHoses,BossStrutBar,LoudMouths,Plenum,Cam,Brake,Battery,StrutCovers,FRPP PC.ValveCovers,Chin Spoiler,Hood Scoop&Pins,painted 10"Stripes & Pins,EleanorGrill,Chin Spoiler,"C" Scoop,1/4 Side Scoops,Rear Fascia,PJ Rear Louvers,Roush Skirts & Rear Wing,Triple Pod & Gauges,CF Dash,2010Projector lights,2014Taillights, Real Carbon Fiber full kit,19" 2014 GT rims.
KryptonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonKnight View Post
Your area is indeed fortunate to have a specialty dealer for one offs. I have a 06 GT with 20,000 miles and $15,000 into it. I cannot see anyone, dealer or private willing to give me near what I have into it. The problem many face in selling their ride is they want or need to sell it quickly and are not able to wait as long as it may take to finally find the right buyer. Anyway knowledge up front is better than regret on the back end.
My point is you may get 5,000 out of that 15,000 back if you sell privately. When it comes to mustang GTs modded ones tend to sell faster and for more $$ unless you are simply trading it in at a dealership. They will screw you! They will say or epic looking modded stang is worth 10k. Go back to the dealership 1-2 weeks later? It will be on their lot for 15k or online for 15k being sold as a "one of a kind" Mustang lol
Old 02-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681 View Post
I would not always agree with this. When it comes to reselling a Mustang GT unlike other cars its not the same ball game. Mustang GT buyers are looking for a sports car thats looks "dope" as you put it. Otherwise they would go for the V6. Its the only reason people get the GT. When trade ins are concerned? Yes 100% True; however if you are privately selling your car thats a whole different ball game. You can also sell to a specialty dealership for more money. Down here in orlando we have a dealership that sells nothing but modded sports cars. People go there looking for nice looking/moded rides. My fancy stripes alone upped the value of my car. When it comes to GTs, visually nice looking cars almost always bring in more $$
I am going to have to side with you here. I know dealerships won't always give you more with mods on, but you will always get more off it selling it yourself. They attract more eyes than the average bear.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sam View Post
I am going to have to side with you here. I know dealerships won't always give you more with mods on, but you will always get more off it selling it yourself. They attract more eyes than the average bear.
The "average" buyer will not get a GT. They will get the v6. With gas now days and current prices on mustangs and how the NEW 3.7 V6 perform? Only mustang enthusiast will buy a GT. A mustang enthusiast will bite on a moddest stang before he/she does a bone stock one. You will never get ALL your money you sink into the car back; but it does help you a ton when selling it. Reselling a mustang GT is not like reselling another car. A mustang enthusiast likes stuff done to his ride. The same can not even be said about the Camaro. Reselling a Mustang GT is ALMOST like reselling a vette. We have a unique buyer base.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Mod it til it pops! Nice pony and welcome to the family! I didn't read each post closely but some good places to start is closing the wheel gap, adding the tune, the louvers will block the side window views but they look so dang good. Side scoops, pre-painted mirror covers, and losing the stock antenna are always good cheaper options.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Headers Eli.... Headers.
Tek1836 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT