Should I buy an s197? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

View Poll Results: Which
S197 21 91.30%
C5 1 4.35%
Gto 0 0%
Dodge stealth 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I didn't see the actual miles but if its a new car that's a great price, but I'm set on an auto. I've read too much about the problems with the new manual.

I test drove the 2012 today. It was all stock besides flowmasters. It had a few scratches and there was a small clunk coming from the rear driver side over bumps, not sure what that was about. I really don't like the scratches even though they weren't that noticeable. The car I buy won't be a dd, so I plan on keeping it scratch free. I feel like I could get it for 21k

I also drove a race red 2014, cloth/ manual seats, 21k miles, not a scratch on it. It's a pretty basic gt, basic spoiler and all. I really like the lower mileage and the fact that its immaculate. Asking price was 27k, but the salesman asked how I felt about 26,500, so I think there's some wiggle room.

I really want that black leather though.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Billgluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgluckman View Post
I didn't see the actual miles but if its a new car that's a great price, but I'm set on an auto. I've read too much about the problems with the new manual.

I test drove the 2012 today. It was all stock besides flowmasters. It had a few scratches and there was a small clunk coming from the rear driver side over bumps, not sure what that was about. I really don't like the scratches even though they weren't that noticeable. The car I buy won't be a dd, so I plan on keeping it scratch free. I feel like I could get it for 21k

I also drove a race red 2014, cloth/ manual seats, 21k miles, not a scratch on it. It's a pretty basic gt, basic spoiler and all. I really like the lower mileage and the fact that its immaculate. Asking price was 27k, but the salesman asked how I felt about 26,500, so I think there's some wiggle room.

I really want that black leather though.. Lol

Cloth vs leather probably means you will be missing a lot of other features also. The leather is probably a Premium, the cloth is probably a base. I love having a Premium. I would think hard if you are willing to live without the extras because you won't be adding them later.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'm still looking, these aren't my only options. I could live without all the options, I just don't want to. Lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Personally I have had no trouble with my MT82 I think the failures have been blown out of proportion. I'm not saying there weren't issues but if you want a manual I would not let that sway you. I think more of the failures were in the early 12's than later on once they realized they had a QC problem. I like the MT82 better than the Tremec 3650 that's in my 08. Now if I had a choice I would go with the Tremec Magnum if my MT82 does go out that's what's going in

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Personally I have had no trouble with my MT82 I think the failures have been blown out of proportion. I'm not saying there weren't issues but if you want a manual I would not let that sway you. I think more of the failures were in the early 12's than later on once they realized they had a QC problem. I like the MT82 better than the Tremec 3650 that's in my 08. Now if I had a choice I would go with the Tremec Magnum if my MT82 does go out that's what's going in

Well I'm really wanting an auto now. I did test drive a 6 spd manual earlier as well. Its completely different from my t45 but with all the trouble I had with it (t45) I told my self long ago that my next mustang will be auto. I don't want to go through all that again.

Idk how much of an adjustment it was for other manual drivers with the new 6 spd, but I was having trouble finding the gears. My 96 is notchy, the car I drove earlier was a bit TOO smooth. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT