3.8 to 4.6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
3.8 to 4.6

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426080037.681925.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	177162
Im finally upgrading to an 05-08 GT just haven't found my fully stock car yet so i can start it on my own. Which mods should i start on it first? And whats the average MPG in city? (Manual trans)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jessiecorona03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I get 15MPG on the stock tune and 17MPG with the Bama tune. Axle-back exhaust, CAI, and a tune should definitely be your first three mods. The axle-backs won't give you much performance compared to the CAI and tune, but will make the car sound A LOT better. I would suggest getting tunes from Bama, since they offer lifetime tunes so as you mod your car you just order new tunes. After that it depends more on what you want from the car.

It's all about the smiles per gallon
PonyOnTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
3.8 to 4.6

My 08 manual gets an average 26, that's my 3 month average. I shift around 1800.

Can you squeeze a 2011 GT? If you can make that happen I would go that route.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
CAI is worthless, the tune is what gives you the power bump, dont' fall for advertising that tells you otherwise. Bama is not the greatest tuner in the world, there are plenty of ppl who will actually datalog and burn you a custom tune via email vs just a pre-canned tune they send to everyone else who has a similar combo to you.

For a S197 I'd get a full catback, midpipe, gears, shifter, and then tune it. Then suspension/wheels/tires. The 3V isn't exactly world beating performance wise espeically when lightly modded 2V cars can run with them pretty easily. IMO, the biggest benefit going to the 05-up is the chassis and interior, not the motor.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah i know the BAMA tune isn't ghe best one so i'll be looking more into it. And as much as i'd love to im a senior in high school and im about to start college this semester and i need something to where my payments wont be for long. I can handle these just not for a long term on a 2011. Thanks you guys.

Jessiecorona03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've said it many times... you're going to spend more money in the cost of the car/modding if you get a pre 2011 than if you just got a 2011. However... (and this is the boat I am in), not having a big or any car payment and the insurance is a beautiful thing. I know I personally can do a LOT with an older car and the freedom to pick and choose where my money gets spent on it. You may be the same way. I will also say that if that is the case you can get a lot further for your money in SN95/New Edge land than with the prices I've seen on nicer/lower mileage 05-09s.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT