New to the mustang gt world help/advice appreciated. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

New to the mustang gt world help/advice appreciated.

Hello everyone, I have recently just bought myself a 2005 mustang gt5 speed. It has about 80k miles and it's completely bone stock. I want to start to build it, and do some passes on a track. I know I want to begin with exhaust, I love the noise the exhaust has stock but I need it to be louder. Any suggestions on exhaust? H pipe, Y pipe? And overall any other bolt ons that could show slight improvement for a cheap price to begin with. Any advice could always help and would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jkelt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 01:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Well it is either h or x for you. I would say h, a tune would be a good start though

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #3

Region: New Jersey
My call is x pipe considering slightly better flow compared to h pipe. But remember what you do to one side you have to do to the other. So if you going to open the exhaust. Make sure you open the intake
Davedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedd View Post
My call is x pipe considering slightly better flow compared to h pipe. But remember what you do to one side you have to do to the other. So if you going to open the exhaust. Make sure you open the intake

Yes, intake wise I was thinking about going big n just doing a shaker system, for now I'll just get a little cold air intake to satisfy myself until I can afford the shaker intake.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #5

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelt5 View Post
Yes, intake wise I was thinking about going big n just doing a shaker system, for now I'll just get a little cold air intake to satisfy myself until I can afford the shaker intake.

Just so you know shaker system doesn't give any performance compared to the regular air intake
Davedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The car has an H pipe stock, so unless you are eliminating the cats (which I don't recommend) there is no point in changing that. An X pipe will sound "different" but not louder and the performance increase on a stock motor is negligible. Not enough bang for the buck. Now sound is purely speculative, but for my money the Bassanni Ovals have the best all around sound, good performance and they don't pop and fart on deceleration like most round mufflers do. Here is a clip of mine from the dark ages when it was completely stock...very first performance mod I made. Damn that was a long time ago...and a lot of $ LOL.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
The car has an H pipe stock, so unless you are eliminating the cats (which I don't recommend) there is no point in changing that. An X pipe will sound "different" but not louder and the performance increase on a stock motor is negligible. Not enough bang for the buck. Now sound is purely speculative, but for my money the Bassanni Ovals have the best all around sound, good performance and they don't pop and fart on deceleration like most round mufflers do. Here is a clip of mine from the dark ages when it was completely stock...very first performance mod I made. Damn that was a long time ago...and a lot of $ LOL.

Yeah that sounds good, I was looking at some other mustang gt's and a guy said he had roush extreme catback exhaust and I think that has been my favorite sound out of the ones I've seen. I'm really just looking to see what I should even begin with mod wise.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelt5 View Post
Yeah that sounds good, I was looking at some other mustang gt's and a guy said he had roush extreme catback exhaust and I think that has been my favorite sound out of the ones I've seen. I'm really just looking to see what I should even begin with mod wise.

Axel backs and a CAI w/tune
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT