Bama Tune Settings - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Bama Tune Settings

For those of you who have Bama Tunes do you adjust any of the settings? Or do you just leave them? If so which do you adjust and what do you adjust them to? Just curious

It's all about the smiles per gallon
PonyOnTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The Bama Guys do all the tuning you just plug it in to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wingntt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I know what you mean I see those settings. To be honest I have thought about it but I don't know enough and I have had great luck with BAMA so I havent messed with the settings.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
I know what you mean I see those settings. To be honest I have thought about it but I don't know enough and I have had great luck with BAMA so I havent messed with the settings.
Same here, the way I see it is they are the experts and I don't have enough knowledge to adjust anything. I didn't know if anyone had enough knowledge to fine tune their car with those settings. Or if anything could be gained through adjusting them.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyOnTheBeach View Post
For those of you who have Bama Tunes do you adjust any of the settings? Or do you just leave them? If so which do you adjust and what do you adjust them to? Just curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingntt17 View Post
The Bama Guys do all the tuning you just plug it in to your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Quote:
Same here, the way I see it is they are the experts and I don't have enough knowledge to adjust anything. I didn't know if anyone had enough knowledge to fine tune their car with those settings. Or if anything could be gained through adjusting them.

Pony - I'm typically a set it and forget it kind of guy...Just like Ron below! I'm probably showing my age with that comment:

For what it's worth I personally wouldn't suggestion doing so unless you're looking for the Bama Team to make some type of change - Most if not all of their devices are sent unlocked so if you're to get new wheels/tires and need to have the tune corrected you can do so but certain features will be locked for good reason as they're not going to let you add timing and compromise the motor!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help any way I can!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Pony - I'm typically a set it and forget it kind of guy...Just like Ron below! I'm probably showing my age with that comment:

For what it's worth I personally wouldn't suggestion doing so unless you're looking for the Bama Team to make some type of change - Most if not all of their devices are sent unlocked so if you're to get new wheels/tires and need to have the tune corrected you can do so but certain features will be locked for good reason as they're not going to let you add timing and compromise the motor!

Let me know if anyone has any other questions and I'm here to help any way I can!

Alex
Hey Alex. I am the same way. Did just talk to a guy and say a post on here though about adjusting rev limiter. This will work as a launch control correct? Or if i go with a WOT box over a 2 step this could help adjust for that as well maybe? Not really interested in doing anything other than maybe that.

SIDE note: you guys carry a 2 step. Any reason no WOT box?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Not sure if its just the predator tuner, but all my Bama tunes I need to manually set my gear ratio to 410 or the speedo is off. Even though I specify 410 when requesting a tune, hopefully this is the only option that doesn't get set automatically.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i have messed with my rev limiter and raised it to 6475. other than that not much. i would like to find out how to adjust the launch control stuff though.

07 Shelby GT. 3.55 gears. BBK long tube headers. off road x pipe. frpp gta mufflers. frpp cai. frpp full suspension and bama tune
07ShelbyGTblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I've always wondered about that. When I change my neutral rev limiter setting the car will stop at that rpm when it is drive too. Does that make sense? Is that normal?

Old 05-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I've always wondered about that. When I change my neutral rev limiter setting the car will stop at that rpm when it is drive too. Does that make sense? Is that normal?

i had that same problem so i went to google it. on another forum it says that the particular tuners. say bama for instance have to inlock or change that part for you

07 Shelby GT. 3.55 gears. BBK long tube headers. off road x pipe. frpp gta mufflers. frpp cai. frpp full suspension and bama tune
07ShelbyGTblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT