2010 GT - issues, issues, issues. Anyone experience this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2015, 05:58 PM   #1
Region: Pennsylvania
2010 GT - issues, issues, issues. Anyone experience this?

Hi All. I came here since I'm frustrated. My 2010 GT has just shy of 14k miles. I bought her 3.5yrs ago w/ something like 8.5k-9k miles. The past couple of years have been nothing but issue after issue. I had my last car for 10yrs, bought her at 2yrs old. No serious problems, only maintenance.
Here's some of the issues I had/have:
1) Paint started to peel/fall off under the hood scoop. (Re-painted under warranty)
2) OEM shifter broke (replaced under warranty) hate how it shifts now/dealer said to take it up w/ Ford. Said shifting is normal. Use to be super smooth.
3) Center console (stereo/heat/ac control, etc) went black (Smart Junction Box replaced under warranty)
(2&3 happened within a week of each other)
4) The past two winters the brake lines freeze after any heavy rain/snow/etc.
I found out this year that I can only fix it by cranking the parking brake a handful of times, otherwise, it won't move at all.

Now this past week the brake lights won't turn off. I think it may be the brake light switch but not sure yet as the part I picked up today from the part store is the wrong part (connector size is too big). Calling a Ford dealer tomorrow to see if a part is available through them.

I do love this car but geez, I never had this mainly issues with a car that still "new".

Anyone else have/had so many issues?
thanks guys.

Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
When's the last time your brake fluid was flushed and bled? The lines should not freeze with clean, dry brake fluid in them.

Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Canada
If its your parking brake its a know problem. The cable was not sealed right, it lets water in and cable freezes. If you order new cables you will get the new designed cable.
I've have a 2005 and 2006 both needed to be replaced. I don't drive in the winter but sometimes I need to move them out of the garage and noticed they were froze. It is annoying, but fixable.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT