changing transmission fluid questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #1

Region: Texas
changing transmission fluid questions

Is there a good video showing how to change the transmission fluid in a 2010 mustang? My dad was saying so ething about pouring the fluid where my shifter is and the explanation he gave me wasn't very clear. Also what size is the bolt that holds the panel on the bottom of the vehicle? (The one that covers the oil pan, etc..)

Thanks for the info guys!
wpenn26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Auto? Or 5 speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Boosted_3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_3v View Post
Auto? Or 5 speed?

It's a manual, sorry about that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Get under the car there is plug all you need is a ratchet and a small extinction to brake it lose then the same thing on the top right of the tranny is the full plug easiest way to full it is from inside the cabin un do your sifter boot and lead the hoes from there to the trang full from the top

Boosted_3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #5

Could you do a more in depth explanation please? Like what hose and how do i get the boot off to pour the fluid anyways? Im just trying to get a better image of what to do since this is the first time i'm changing transmission fluid.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Drain the fluids from under the car and re install the plug, it's usually the lower one. Take the top plug out and run a tube from above the shifter inside the car, shifter boot will come off easily along with the rubber around the shifter handle, run the tube down into the top drain. Use a funnel at the other end of the tube and make sure you pour the fluid outside of the car. You don't want it getting on the interior. I would recommend using royal purple for trans fluid.

kkraut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
When I did my fluid I didn't remove the boot, I just slid the hose inside of it.

First, you want to jack the car up in the front in the passenger side as high as possible, do not jack up the rear passenger side. This step makes draining faster and more complete.

Then remove the top plug, the easiest way is to be laying on your back on the passenger side of the car. This will make draining a lot faster.

Next get ready to drain. Have something to catch the fluid ready and remove the bottom drain plug. Both the top and bottom plugs are done with just a 1/2 inch socket. A small extension may help but is not required.

Once it is completely drained screw the drain plug back in. Go finger right and then make another half to 3/4 turn and you're set there.

Now you just need to take off your shifter boot and run a hose (I purchased some heater hose from the local auto parts store) into the top trans plug hole. Add the funnel to the top of the hose and dump in your fluid of choice. 3.2 quarts will get her done.

Remove the hose, screw the plug bolt back in, throw your shifter boot and knob back on, and bingo-bango you're done.

Might take you an hour at the most, even if it's your first time.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT