Need help! Numbers don't add up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Need help! Numbers don't add up

I had a naturally aspirated 08 mustang,360 rwhp running mid 12's.
I just dumped $12,700.00 into it and I'm slower!!!!
Procharger, short shifter, upper-lower rear control arms, aero gauges, brake upgrade, clutch, drive shaft.
They say I have 465rwhp now. My 0-60 time is the same and my mph at the end is only 2 mph more than before!!!!
Thoughts please! Some say it's the cams


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Sounds like you need better suspension. It is simple if you add that much more power and don't get quicker you need better suspension.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
Suspension dialed in, tires Driver mod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Suspension dialed in, tires Driver mod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Idk what you mean by tire driver mod?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Idk what you mean by tire driver mod?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Tires, driver mod

*,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Tires, driver mod

*,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Tires are Mickey Thompson 275/50


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Tires are Mickey Thompson 275/50


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What mickey thompsons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
What mickey thompsons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Street drag radials.
Also have ford racing intake manifold, thumpr comp cams,4:10 gears.



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Are the thumprs okay with a supercharger? Also the intake manifold needs to,br spun to 7k plus but comps doesn't recommend spinning the cams past 6250 or something like that. You have conflicting parts
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
Auto or manual? 4.10's with a supercharged car is going to be a problem. Unless the rest of your car is set up for it. Suspension, being able to rev high enough to utilize them in a supercharged application also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
What did you do to get 360 whp?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
I know of 2 3v's running the thumper cams with a blower.

One has a paxton. The other a saleen blower. Not the best choice but I don't think it's hurting him that bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I know of 2 3v's running the thumper cams with a blower.

One has a paxton. The other a saleen blower. Not the best choice but I don't think it's hurting him that bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Maybe it is turbos they don't play nice with
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
What did you do to get 360 whp?

NA at 360 was 12.7 best time.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Auto or manual? 4.10's with a supercharged car is going to be a problem. Unless the rest of your car is set up for it. Suspension, being able to rev high enough to utilize them in a supercharged application also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Manuel


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Are the thumprs okay with a supercharger? Also the intake manifold needs to,br spun to 7k plus but comps doesn't recommend spinning the cams past 6250 or something like that. You have conflicting parts

Gonna call comp tomorrow see what they say


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
NA at 360 was 12.7 best time.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------




Manuel


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Manual. Dam spell check


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Gonna call comp tomorrow see what they say


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Comp is going to say no they aren't. They are going to say you need a blower cam. It's not the cams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Comp is going to say no they aren't. They are going to say you need a blower cam. It's not the cams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Ok I'm just really stumped. Dumped a ton of coin, was promised the world from the shop I had it built at, and I'm slower. They have no answers


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Ok I'm just really stumped. Dumped a ton of coin, was promised the world from the shop I had it built at, and I'm slower. They have no answers


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What shop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
What shop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Granite State Dyno and Tune. Hudson, NH


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
jande063's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 474
Horsepower at the engine is meaningless.

How your car puts it to the ground is what counts. You need tires that can put the power productively down. Then, your suspension design must be based around you wheel and tire package. If your tires are not happy, the car is slow.

On top of that, the car can be the fastest thing in the world, but the meat behind the wheel is 999 times out of 1000 the limiting factor.
__________________
2014 Mustang V6-Built to run TTB, CAM-C, and ESP

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Need help! Numbers don't add up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
Horsepower at the engine is meaningless.

How your car puts it to the ground is what counts. You need tires that can put the power productively down. Then, your suspension design must be based around you wheel and tire package. If your tires are not happy, the car is slow.

On top of that, the car can be the fastest thing in the world, but the meat behind the wheel is 999 times out of 1000 the limiting factor.

Ok guy behind the wheel. I get it. What do you think of the tires though, MT's street drag radials 275/50??


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pleasanton
Region: California
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Ok guy behind the wheel. I get it. What do you think of the tires though, MT's street drag radials 275/50??


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Are you spinning the tires?
If so, you are simply transforming all that extra horsepower into tire smoke.
You can have the best engine in the world and if the car doesn't hook up, it will never reach potential.
__________________

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Are you spinning the tires?

If so, you are simply transforming all that extra horsepower into tire smoke.

You can have the best engine in the world and if the car doesn't hook up, it will never reach potential.

No. Launching at 4500. Top end speed is not there. 113mph at best. Should be around 120.
NA on a cool engine I was hitting 110


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pleasanton
Region: California
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
No. Launching at 4500. Top end speed is not there. 113mph at best. Should be around 120.
NA on a cool engine I was hitting 110


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You're right...something is wrong.
__________________

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
You're right...something is wrong.

Back at the shop today. Going on the Dyno again to ck timing


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #26
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hudson
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 6
Yikes.. Bro forums require much alieve

The problem is simple. The timing table is wrong. Period. The power to the tire is there. It's not rocket science, it's not the tires, suspension, rims, side mirrors or the lunch you ate.. it's a very simple math equation. HP=mph. Mph=et.. if u have the HP but not the mph then it's simply the tune.. no offense to anyone but this is why I belong to 0 forums except now this one for a min.. My car does the talking not my fingers on the keys.. my wife's srt8 300c with a 100 shot of nitrous made 480 and she ran a 12.3 at 119.. that mph equates to high 11s but because the car is so fat and was sitting on street tires the 60ft was horrid.. please don't get wrapped up in this bud.. just do like I told ya. Give him yet another whack at the tune. If he can't get it right see pete or dez
juiced97mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:45 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced97mustang View Post
The problem is simple. The timing table is wrong. Period. The power to the tire is there. It's not rocket science, it's not the tires, suspension, rims, side mirrors or the lunch you ate.. it's a very simple math equation. HP=mph. Mph=et.. if u have the HP but not the mph then it's simply the tune.. no offense to anyone but this is why I belong to 0 forums except now this one for a min.. My car does the talking not my fingers on the keys.. my wife's srt8 300c with a 100 shot of nitrous made 480 and she ran a 12.3 at 119.. that mph equates to high 11s but because the car is so fat and was sitting on street tires the 60ft was horrid.. please don't get wrapped up in this bud.. just do like I told ya. Give him yet another whack at the tune. If he can't get it right see pete or dez
You bring up a lot of valid points but I feel like the logical first step to look at is the traction. Add power but don't add speed the traction should be looked at.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced97mustang View Post
The problem is simple. The timing table is wrong. Period. The power to the tire is there. It's not rocket science, it's not the tires, suspension, rims, side mirrors or the lunch you ate.. it's a very simple math equation. HP=mph. Mph=et.. if u have the HP but not the mph then it's simply the tune.. no offense to anyone but this is why I belong to 0 forums except now this one for a min.. My car does the talking not my fingers on the keys.. my wife's srt8 300c with a 100 shot of nitrous made 480 and she ran a 12.3 at 119.. that mph equates to high 11s but because the car is so fat and was sitting on street tires the 60ft was horrid.. please don't get wrapped up in this bud.. just do like I told ya. Give him yet another whack at the tune. If he can't get it right see pete or dez

You got it juiced 97


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:50 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You bring up a lot of valid points but I feel like the logical first step to look at is the traction. Add power but don't add speed the traction should be looked at.

I told you guys. I hooked up, no slip. Mph is not there at the end. Shifting is spot on. I have shift light at 6200rpm's. Traction is there, power is there, mph is not


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
I told you guys. I hooked up, no slip. Mph is not there at the end. Shifting is spot on. I have shift light at 6200rpm's. Traction is there, power is there, mph is not


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yes we know this bow but this guy comes in like going to traction first was the worst possible idea ever lol.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Yes we know this bow but this guy comes in like going to traction first was the worst possible idea ever lol.

Gotcha


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Gotcha


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Do you have pictures of the dyno graph?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Do you have pictures of the dyno graph?

Yes. When I get home I will put it up


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
lindertw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NoVA
Region: Virginia
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzmustang08 View Post
Yes. When I get home I will put it up


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
post up the time slips too; I'd like to see your best N/A run side by side with your new setup.
__________________
2005 GT, N/A 302rwhp/317rwtq, 3500 lbs
12.095 @ 111.08, 1.576 60'
lindertw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanzmustang08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chelmsford
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 112
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1432772967.054634.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	183521

Slips are in the car at shop


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanzmustang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don"t ask ford, they don't know dacriss 2011-2014 Mustang GT 11 03-08-2011 09:10 PM
Need part numbers firemen58 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 06-23-2010 08:17 AM
What little things can i add to add performance to my 1967 289 mustang? teague Classic Mustangs 8 03-30-2010 01:04 AM
Just so you don't think I don't take care of my car.... 97Stallion Pictures and Videos 15 10-11-2004 12:30 AM
Need some advice on some realistic numbers from enginebasics ASSEMbler Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 25 11-14-2003 02:44 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:47 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.