Mods!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
jkelt5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 107
Kinda stuck between getting the tuner thru AM because I know it will have street tune and race tune, or getting it from company off eBay for 100 dollars cheaper and maybe have possibility of not having any tune on it and having to buy a tune from somewhere
jkelt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #37
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
Looking for the 'easy button' and prefer a tune that is backed by someone, like AM, that will fix it if it fails. I get the anyone can get a sct device but not interested with dealing bafoons on ebay...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You don't have to buy the device from them to get their tunes..

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by refluga View Post
Its all good . I know YOU are but just letting the OP understand the the small risk and its something to factor into his decision.
I wouldn't buy unless there are pictures of the unlocks left and wether it is married,or not
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelt5 View Post
Kinda stuck between getting the tuner thru AM because I know it will have street tune and race tune, or getting it from company off eBay for 100 dollars cheaper and maybe have possibility of not having any tune on it and having to buy a tune from somewhere
To help clarify a little further....

The initial purchase of "tuner" and "tune" can be independent of each other. Like the majority do, you can purchase a "tuner" without any "tunes" on it and later purchase a "tune" (all it is is a file you upload into the tuner) OR many "tune" vendors/shops sell "tuners" all ready pre-loaded with XZY "tunes" on it and give you a slight discount.

At any point you can add/remove "tunes" from the "tuner" you purchased.
I forgot the number, but the "tuner" (SCT) can only hold a fixed amount of tunes on it at a given time but you can always add/remove "tunes" that are resident on it. Just keep a copy of the "tune" files on your PC and/or other backup device for save keeping.
refluga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
jkelt5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by refluga View Post
To help clarify a little further....

The initial purchase of "tuner" and "tune" can be independent of each other. Like the majority do, you can purchase a "tuner" without any "tunes" on it and later purchase a "tune" (all it is is a file you upload into the tuner) OR many "tune" vendors/shops sell "tuners" all ready pre-loaded with XZY "tunes" on it and give you a slight discount.

At any point you can add/remove "tunes" from the "tuner" you purchased.
I forgot the number, but the "tuner" (SCT) can only hold a fixed amount of tunes on it at a given time but you can always add/remove "tunes" that are resident on it. Just keep a copy of the "tune" files on your PC and/or other backup device for save keeping.

Thanks for the help. So in ur opinion would it be more worth it to buy the sct tuner from this company off eBay for 305, a tech from the shop said it just comes with sct standard tunes. Or should I just pay 399 and get it thru AM , I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck
jkelt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelt5 View Post
Thanks for the help. So in ur opinion would it be more worth it to buy the sct tuner from this company off eBay for 305, a tech from the shop said it just comes with sct standard tunes. Or should I just pay 399 and get it thru AM , I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck
300 from a random shop is not good
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
jkelt5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
300 from a random shop is not good

It's a reputable company, and that's 100 less than mpt and AM are charging for the x4 and its brand new idk I just don't know how I feel bout the standard tunes that come on the x4 instead of custom tunes from mpt or even bama
jkelt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelt5 View Post
It's a reputable company, and that's 100 less than mpt and AM are charging for the x4 and its brand new idk I just don't know how I feel bout the standard tunes that come on the x4 instead of custom tunes from mpt or even bama
I would find a used one personally and then buy tunes from mpt
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MODS MODS MODS! S197Miller 2005-2010 Mustang GT 28 02-10-2013 02:36 PM
Mods.....Mods.....Mods.... Srohda 2011-2014 Mustang GT 8 06-01-2012 01:50 PM
NA mods vs. SC Or Turbo mods Aggiesrok 2005-2010 Mustang GT 15 01-05-2012 01:38 AM
Need help with interior Mods TrueStang01 Mustang Audio & Video 14 11-10-2003 01:22 AM
best mods for top end power MusclesFromBrussels Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 07-18-2003 11:54 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:43 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.