Originally Posted by 2 Stangz
If you're going to boost a 3V... centrifugal is the only way I see fit. Otherwise, Coyote-swap.
Why put a big Whipple or KB when you're only going to be able to run super low boost, half the blower will just be added weight on the nose.
I think the more important aspect is how you want your power band.
I'll put it in layman terms as I understand it:
centrifugal (ie: vortech):
1) higher rpm boost (think turbo)
2) great for the track
3) easier to launch since the power band is more gradual
4) most boost doesn't kick in until 3000rpm
twin screw (ie: KB):
1) instant low end boost (think big V8)
2) tire smoking fun on the streets
3) creates lots of heat
....if you want real efficiency make it a turbo.