Rear window louvers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Rear window louvers

Thinking about getting one and wanted to see if any of yall had then on your car. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JakeLm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2015, 02:55 AM   #2

Region: Colorado
The ones from American muscle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thebayareapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebayareapimp View Post
The ones from American muscle?

Most likely, thats the only site i have looked at so far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 AM   #4

Ya, I have seen a few and heard they are pretty good quality .. Just make sure you install them correctly.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya, I have seen a few and heard they are pretty good quality .. Just make sure you install them correctly.

Of course, thanks man

Old 07-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Never really like the louver how about a rear window wing?!?!

2007 Mustang GT Premium -- 18" gunmetal grey wheels | w/Staggered Tires | Hurst short throw shifter | JBA high flow cats and performance mufflers | JBA chrome tips | JLT intake | Shifting Light | Halo Lights | Cervini Ram Air Hood | Black Billet Fuel Door | Black Billet Pony & GT Emblem | Front Chin Spoiler | Red Strut Tower Brace | Intake Plenum Manifold/Throttle Cover-Hydrocarbon | Tuned with Bama X4/SF4 Tuner | Roof Spoiler | Eleanor-Style & Side Scoops | Gen5 Tail Lights
RumbleStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleStang View Post

That thing is just strange .. Doesn't belong on a mustang . Maybe a Honda Civic ..LOL

Old 07-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've got painted louvers for mine, but I'm still debating on putting them on.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I think it blends good with my Black Stang- i get nothing but good things said to me driving around town with it -
2007 Mustang GT Premium -- 18" gunmetal grey wheels | w/Staggered Tires | Hurst short throw shifter | JBA high flow cats and performance mufflers | JBA chrome tips | JLT intake | Shifting Light | Halo Lights | Cervini Ram Air Hood | Black Billet Fuel Door | Black Billet Pony & GT Emblem | Front Chin Spoiler | Red Strut Tower Brace | Intake Plenum Manifold/Throttle Cover-Hydrocarbon | Tuned with Bama X4/SF4 Tuner | Roof Spoiler | Eleanor-Style & Side Scoops | Gen5 Tail Lights
Old 07-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #10

Quote:
I think it blends good with my Black Stang- i get nothing but good things said to me driving around town with it -

I'm curious why you didn't get regular louvers?

Old 07-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Looks like the falcon in mad max.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Cause everyone gets them - i like my car not blending in with the other hundreds of thousands of mustangs out there- When people talk to me about my car its one of the things that are talked about cause it not seen everyday- (all good things) Along with the custom changes to the interior,side decals and 911 seen on the back deck lid to name a few ...
Old 07-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Painted louver do look good on some Mustangs- (Lets face it i never seen a Mustang i did not like!) But i would like to see out of 1 of my 3 Windows in the back area of my car .. lol -- If my car was Red or some other bright color i would have gone for the painted window louver but for a black car i think its to much ---
Old 07-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I dont think it looks bad but i think i like the louvers better. Every picture iv seen from the inside you could see a good amount

Old 07-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cause everyone gets them - i like my car not blending in with the other hundreds of thousands of mustangs out there- When people talk to me about my car its one of the things that are talked about cause it not seen everyday- (all good things) Along with the custom changes to the interior,side decals and 911 seen on the back deck lid to name a few ...

And i havent seen one mustang in my area that had rear window louvers

Old 07-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLm11 View Post
And i havent seen one mustang in my area that had rear window louvers Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Maybe theres a reason for that?!?!

I see it here, Mostly just a unpainted matte black ones- Painted ones can get costly maybe thats why its not widely seen? I use to love those louvers on my 1985 Firebird back in the day but.... :roll eyes:

A Red or Yellow Mustang with painted louvers on it would rock! but my black one with the black louvers are just blah!
Old 07-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Old 07-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

I like your stripes, very nicely done. It complements the black well.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks,

I seen those strips done like that by the rear tire on one car before and loved it! The front fender strips suppose to go on 2015 Mustang ...
Old 07-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Old 07-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I've got them on my back window. It was already there when I bought my 2014 used. Half the time I really like it but the other times I probably think too much and think it reminds my of a cockroach. It is nice having extra shade and it does actually give some privacy inside even without tinted windows.
The good thing is, it's quickly removable and then re-installed by unbolting the tiny nuts that secure it. It's a five minute job. (After initial install of course, that's takes longer)
There's rarely any noise, vibration or buzzing from it but occasionally it buzzes very slightly as the normal car vibrations or wind catch it and it is touching the rear glass just right.
It gives a retro kinda look and is definitely somthing you don't see on any other modern cars besides mainly Mustangs and where I live, Mustangs are rare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	186930  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Here's another pic, different angle from when I bought it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	186932  
Old 07-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I've got them on my back window. It was already there when I bought my 2014 used. Half the time I really like it but the other times I probably think too much and think it reminds my of a cockroach. It is nice having extra shade and it does actually give some privacy inside even without tinted windows.

The good thing is, it's quickly removable and then re-installed by unbolting the tiny nuts that secure it. It's a five minute job. (After initial install of course, that's takes longer)

There's rarely any noise, vibration or buzzing from it but occasionally it buzzes very slightly as the normal car vibrations or wind catch it and it is touching the rear glass just right.

It gives a retro kinda look and is definitely somthing you don't see on any other modern cars besides mainly Mustangs and where I live, Mustangs are rare.

Lol. A cockroach ???? I never heard that before that's hilarious. Did you think cockroach because cockroaches have spiny backs like that?

Old 07-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry to go off topic but dude, nice car and stripes! Also, are those the AMR wheels or what brand they're nice. I'm saving up for 20" staggered charcoal AMR's.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol. A cockroach ???? I never heard that before that's hilarious. Did you think cockroach because cockroaches have spiny backs like that?

Yeah, exactly! and it's all black and with the side window louvers it's just got that look. Either that or my brain is just wired wrong.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure what brand rims those are, one of the few things on the car when I got it....
Old 07-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Rear window louvers

I think your car would look great with shaved fender emblems. Since you've already got a decal; I think an emblem delete would look great.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Really?! Hmmm
Old 07-12-2015, 07:14 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe theres a reason for that?!?!

I see it here, Mostly just a unpainted matte black ones- Painted ones can get costly maybe thats why its not widely seen? I use to love those louvers on my 1985 Firebird back in the day but.... :roll eyes:

A Red or Yellow Mustang with painted louvers on it would rock! but my black one with the black louvers are just blah!

Honestly i see v6's more than gts here and the occasional gt500 lol

Old 07-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLm11 View Post
Honestly i see v6's more than gts here and the occasional gt500 lol

And by that i mean i dont really see any custom mustangs

Old 07-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

We have them around here. There's a big new hampshire mustang club as well as a Massachusetts mustang club. So there's alot of interest. Up here people mod all kinds of cars imports and domestic.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
That looks good I like it. But delete the GT emblem, to Much going on with it and the decal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #33

Rear window louvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
That looks good I like it. But delete the GT emblem, to Much going on with it and the decal.

I totally agree, looks semi-ricer to be honest !

Old 07-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

It's on the wheel too. Lol. You have a GT emblem per square foot on that thing. I'd for sure take the badge off if that decal is staying. I like the decal tho

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #35

Rear window louvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
It's on the wheel too. Lol. You have a GT emblem per square foot on that thing. I'd for sure take the badge off if that decal is staying. I like the decal tho

IG @Oxford5pointoh

yeah I personally think the American muscle wheel caps look a whole lot better; Then those fake GT wheel caps they don't even have the official GT logo . Really seems like an off brand Chinese made clone!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT