Aux Audio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Aux Audio

I have stock stereo system. I want to get where i can play music off my phone without buying a whole new stereo. Is there anyway i can do it? Its an 06 deluxe gt

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Yes.

I seem to say this a lot to your posts, but I'm thinking my dad's 06 has one. I haven't been in his car in over a year, I really should check it out next time, you ask all these questions and I get curious haha.

If your car doesn't have it, you can go with an FM modulator. I think they suck, especially if you live somewhere with a lot of radio station options. Out in the middle of nowhere, you'll have no problems with them.

I believe you can also run one still through the radio antenna, only it's more of a plug into the back of the radio type thing and the FM signal can still pass through it. Someone older than me could elaborate more on them, a lot of old vehicles added CD players/multi-disc changers this way 15ish years ago.

Honestly, if I were you and did not have an AUX in, I would go ahead and change head units. A lot of times, the aftermarket headunit will have more preamp power out and can actually improve the sound of your stock speakers.
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrand View Post
Yes.

I seem to say this a lot to your posts, but I'm thinking my dad's 06 has one. I haven't been in his car in over a year, I really should check it out next time, you ask all these questions and I get curious haha.

If your car doesn't have it, you can go with an FM modulator. I think they suck, especially if you live somewhere with a lot of radio station options. Out in the middle of nowhere, you'll have no problems with them.

I believe you can also run one still through the radio antenna, only it's more of a plug into the back of the radio type thing and the FM signal can still pass through it. Someone older than me could elaborate more on them, a lot of old vehicles added CD players/multi-disc changers this way 15ish years ago.

Honestly, if I were you and did not have an AUX in, I would go ahead and change head units. A lot of times, the aftermarket headunit will have more preamp power out and can actually improve the sound of your stock speakers.
My cousin said i would have to get a whole new stereo. If u can just get a face for the stock stereo that will work? Then that will save me a lot of money and can put that in performance parts. But ya thanks dude for helping me out. I just got the mustang in may and 2 weeks after the transmission went out. Now it been in a transmission shop being rebuilt and should be ready anytime.

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Nope, not just a face. You've got to swap the whole unit.

If there is some kind of junkyard in your area, maybe you could find a stock unit with AUX cheap and it'll go right in place of yours' now. I'm waiting for someone else to chime in, I could be wrong (it happens frequently haha). Ebay, Craigslist, someone probably has wrecked one and you might find a bargain. Patience helps, I know what it's like having to wait to save up for a stereo (my truck had a cassette deck and I couldn't wait to upgrade it).
Old 08-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nope, not just a face. You've got to swap the whole unit.

If there is some kind of junkyard in your area, maybe you could find a stock unit with AUX cheap and it'll go right in place of yours' now. I'm waiting for someone else to chime in, I could be wrong (it happens frequently haha). Ebay, Craigslist, someone probably has wrecked one and you might find a bargain. Patience helps, I know what it's like having to wait to save up for a stereo (my truck had a cassette deck and I couldn't wait to upgrade it).
Well that sucks, guess ill just spend 100 on a new one.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You know, I keep thinking about it, and I wonder if Dad's really has the AUX in or not. It is a 6-disc changer... this is going to bug me until someone confirms it. I'm googling it now and not finding it yet

Edit: I'm finding it as an option for a 2007 but not an 06.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via Skype™ to CyStang
They didn't didn't have the aux option until 07. You may be able to pull a stereo out of an 07-09 that has the aux and put it in. You would have to pull the aux plug and wiring as well. To be honest you can pick up a stereo for $200 and $20 for the install kit.

You can check out Crutchfield to see what you need. All depends on whether you have a shaker 500 or 1000 or not.

I got a used 7" flip up DVD player for $150 and installed it along with a single din center channel. Combined with the shaker 500 in my 06 I have surround sound when watching movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
CyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Can you recommend any stereo?

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyStang View Post
They didn't didn't have the aux option until 07. You may be able to pull a stereo out of an 07-09 that has the aux and put it in. You would have to pull the aux plug and wiring as well. To be honest you can pick up a stereo for $200 and $20 for the install kit.

You can check out Crutchfield to see what you need. All depends on whether you have a shaker 500 or 1000 or not.

I got a used 7" flip up DVD player for $150 and installed it along with a single din center channel. Combined with the shaker 500 in my 06 I have surround sound when watching movies.

Can you recommend a good one ?

Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a Pioneer with Bluetooth for $109. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X470...T.html?tp=5684

I can't view the kit pieces on my phone but if you go to Crutchfield.com you can select your car and it will give you all the stereos that fit and the kit pieces.

Removing the old stereo is pretty simple. There are videos on YouTube and guides on here covering the subject.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is a Pioneer with Bluetooth for $109. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X470...T.html?tp=5684

I can't view the kit pieces on my phone but if you go to Crutchfield.com you can select your car and it will give you all the stereos that fit and the kit pieces.

Removing the old stereo is pretty simple. There are videos on YouTube and guides on here covering the subject.

Looks solid. Most likely going to order it tomorrow. Do i have to get a kit so it will fit my mustang? What else would i have to get? Wires?

Old 08-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The aux cord button was just a teaser for mustang owners in 2005-06. It didnt actually become useful until 2007 when they put it inside the console

07ShelbyGTblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey thanks for clarifying, I didn't want to give bad information.

Your region says Iowa, where are you at/from? I'm in the SW corner for a few more weeks before moving.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You will need the install kit, the adapter for the factory subs, the 5v converter for the subs and the wiring harness adapter.

If you go to Crutchfield and enter you car details it will show you all the pieces you will need.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will need the install kit, the adapter for the factory subs, the 5v converter for the subs and the wiring harness adapter.

If you go to Crutchfield and enter you car details it will show you all the pieces you will need.

So i hsve to order all that with it or it comes with it when i pick for the car?

Old 08-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

You will select the items. It usually suggests it for you. They used to give you the kit for free. Not sure if they do that anymore. You can always call them and they will get it all together for you.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will select the items. It usually suggests it for you. They used to give you the kit for free. Not sure if they do that anymore. You can always call them and they will get it all together for you.

Okay sweet. This app wont let me upoad a profile picture. Same problem for anyone else? I tried to upload this..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439262439050.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	189083  
Old 08-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticAlex View Post
Okay sweet. This app wont let me upoad a profile picture. Same problem for anyone else? I tried to upload this..

I had to do it from a computer... looks like a nice car!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had to do it from a computer... looks like a nice car!
Thanks man. Theres soo much i want to do to it, just dont have the money lol. Just saving now

Old 08-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I can upload from my iPhone but I have to select the smaller file size.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

What color is it?

Been there, done that. You might not be able to spend a lot of money on it now, but it doesn't cost much to keep it clean and in really nice shape. You'll get more compliments having a clean car that's well cared for over having the fastest car on the road. And then when you have the money... you've got a really fast car that's still really nice.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What color is it?

Been there, done that. You might not be able to spend a lot of money on it now, but it doesn't cost much to keep it clean and in really nice shape. You'll get more compliments having a clean car that's well cared for over having the fastest car on the road. And then when you have the money... you've got a really fast car that's still really nice.

That is the truth.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yes. Theres definitely some things i need to fix on it like the interior. The side is peeling off and i got to make it look good.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Its like a silver blue

Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice, I know what color you're talking about. Plan on keeping it for awhile or will you upgrade to new(er) in a few years? I know I've read you've got performance ideas...
Old 08-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very nice, I know what color you're talking about. Plan on keeping it for awhile or will you upgrade to new(er) in a few years? I know I've read you've got performance ideas...
Im in my last year of highschool right now. My dad and i plan on getting me a 5.0. Im trying to start to build my credit, so i can finance the 5.0. I bought that one out right. But yeah i want to do some stuff and restore some stuff but i really wont spend more then 3 k on it.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im in my last year of highschool right now. My dad and i plan on getting me a 5.0. Im trying to start to build my credit, so i can finance the 5.0. I bought that one out right. But yeah i want to do some stuff and restore some stuff but i really wont spend more then 3 k on it.

If that's the case, baby the car, clean it very well, and only fix little things to make it that much nicer. I would not spend any more money than needed on the 06 and would save towards the 5.0. It's not as fun as modding out a car, but there's no use paying for mods that won't get you any more value towards the car when it's time to move on from it.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If that's the case, baby the car, clean it very well, and only fix little things to make it that much nicer. I would not spend any more money than needed on the 06 and would save towards the 5.0. It's not as fun as modding out a car, but there's no use paying for mods that won't get you any more value towards the car when it's time to move on from it.
Just to make sure the 06 deluxe does not have shaker system right? Im ordering it now and i think it just 4 speakers. Its like 15 extra with the kit. But ill send yall pics afterwards

Old 08-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Before i buy yall know any coupons?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just to make sure the 06 deluxe does not have shaker system right? Im ordering it now and i think it just 4 speakers. Its like 15 extra with the kit. But ill send yall pics afterwards

I think you're right- I think the Premium has the Shaker?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think you're right- I think the Premium has the Shaker?

Yeah. So im good i ordered it already :p

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439309256707.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	189150  
Old 08-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Nice

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT