Tune dummy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Tune dummy

So I want to purchase a CAI and a bama tune for my 06 gt. I know absolutely nothing about tuning a car. Can someone please tell me what I need to know about a bama tune and how it all works. Also on the side note I've seen where it say free tunes for life but then it says 2 free custom tunes?

Devyn
bamf3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf3v View Post
So I want to purchase a CAI and a bama tune for my 06 gt.

1. I know absolutely nothing about tuning a car.

2. Can someone please tell me what I need to know about a bama tune and how it all works.

3. Also on the side note I've seen where it say free tunes for life but then it says 2 free custom tunes?

Devyn
Hey Devyn - Welcome to MustangEvolution.

So you're after a Cold Air Intake & Tuner - Here's what you need to know if you're to have it purchased here or anywhere else.

Bama along with many other tuning groups has certified tuning monsters that love to work with cars and make them perform at 10/10

With most shops/companies you'll make the purchase and then receive a tuning sheet. This is going to be where you'll list your modifications, tire size, computer code.

Your computer code can be found on the passenger side of your engine by adjacent to your fuse box and is a 4 character combination (letters and numbers) and looks something like this below.

They'll use this information to write tunes that are specific to your vehicle/your computer code as no one Mustang is identical to the next.

What tuners will do is make adjustments to your air/fuel ratio, add a little more fuel, adjust your variable cam timing. Anything and everything to safely extract the power that Ford left locked up in our cars.

With Bama you'll have 2 tunes:

- Performance Tune - Running around town, back-roads tune where you'll see better throttle response through the mid range.

- Race Tune - Despite being a "Race" tune you don't need to be on the track foe it. I use my race tune daily on 93 octane because it's more fun. It's a little most sensitive than the performance tune because it's calibrated to give you the best amount of performance possible.

Apologies for the large pictures.

In regards to the Cold Air - There's many out there and I've gone with plastic over metal in the past as it's a little easier on the eyes, sleeker, and will make more power as it's not fluctuating when it heats and cools.

Here's the exact kit that I have on my '08 Bullitt right now. I'll let the other customers do the talking too!

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Devyn - Welcome to MustangEvolution.

So you're after a Cold Air Intake & Tuner - Here's what you need to know if you're to have it purchased here or anywhere else.

Bama along with many other tuning groups has certified tuning monsters that love to work with cars and make them perform at 10/10

With most shops/companies you'll make the purchase and then receive a tuning sheet. This is going to be where you'll list your modifications, tire size, computer code.

Your computer code can be found on the passenger side of your engine by adjacent to your fuse box and is a 4 character combination (letters and numbers) and looks something like this below.

They'll use this information to write tunes that are specific to your vehicle/your computer code as no one Mustang is identical to the next.

What tuners will do is make adjustments to your air/fuel ratio, add a little more fuel, adjust your variable cam timing. Anything and everything to safely extract the power that Ford left locked up in our cars.

With Bama you'll have 2 tunes:

- Performance Tune - Running around town, back-roads tune where you'll see better throttle response through the mid range.

- Race Tune - Despite being a "Race" tune you don't need to be on the track foe it. I use my race tune daily on 93 octane because it's more fun. It's a little most sensitive than the performance tune because it's calibrated to give you the best amount of performance possible.

Apologies for the large pictures.

In regards to the Cold Air - There's many out there and I've gone with plastic over metal in the past as it's a little easier on the eyes, sleeker, and will make more power as it's not fluctuating when it heats and cools.

Here's the exact kit that I have on my '08 Bullitt right now. I'll let the other customers do the talking too!

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

Thanks Alex you pretty much answered all my questions. The CAI you have is actually the same one I'm looking at purchasing. I was wondering if you have any power numbers on it or know of any numbers with that CAI and tuner

Devyn
bamf3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Just FYI, all the power is going to be from the tune. The aftermarket CAI is a waste of money from a performance standpoint, the stock airbox is not restrictive and pulls directly from the fender vs the engine compartment.

I'd save your money and just go straight with a MPT tune and forget the CAI. Unless you need the bling factor anyway. Then at least you are getting the JLT which is a composite intake and not metal.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf3v View Post
Thanks Alex you pretty much answered all my questions. The CAI you have is actually the same one I'm looking at purchasing. I was wondering if you have any power numbers on it or know of any numbers with that CAI and tuner
Devyn
Devyn - You're very welcome and anytime.

It's really tough because every car will make power differently along with where they're being tested along with other variables (Temp/Above below Sea level, fuel used) Here's a few guys out there running Bama tunes from years ago.

2007 Mustang GT- JLT II CAI, Bama 93 Race tune, Corsa Ultimate Touring Axlebacks - 300 rwhp/318rwtq

Pypes Pype-Bomb axle back with Pypes off-road X pipe with No cats. JLT cold Air intake and No Motor Work. Race Tune By BAMA @ American Muscle.com. Dyno @ 317RWHP,324TQ, With high heat and humidity. Done at American Muscle car show 2011 @ Deleware County Community Collage. (This was at our 2011 car show)

307 HP Rear Wheel
311 ft/ lbs torque

Every car along along with every dyno will again read differently - To give you a ballpark number I think you would be making around 280-290; I'll have to preface this with having seen cars around with a (Tune, CAI, X-pipe, and catback) make this same number but there's plenty of guys and girls out there making some really solid numbers with their tunes.

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT