Tune dummy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bamf3v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 29
Tune dummy

So I want to purchase a CAI and a bama tune for my 06 gt. I know absolutely nothing about tuning a car. Can someone please tell me what I need to know about a bama tune and how it all works. Also on the side note I've seen where it say free tunes for life but then it says 2 free custom tunes?


Devyn
bamf3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf3v View Post
So I want to purchase a CAI and a bama tune for my 06 gt.

1. I know absolutely nothing about tuning a car.

2. Can someone please tell me what I need to know about a bama tune and how it all works.

3. Also on the side note I've seen where it say free tunes for life but then it says 2 free custom tunes?


Devyn
Hey Devyn - Welcome to MustangEvolution.

So you're after a Cold Air Intake & Tuner - Here's what you need to know if you're to have it purchased here or anywhere else.

Bama along with many other tuning groups has certified tuning monsters that love to work with cars and make them perform at 10/10

With most shops/companies you'll make the purchase and then receive a tuning sheet. This is going to be where you'll list your modifications, tire size, computer code.

Your computer code can be found on the passenger side of your engine by adjacent to your fuse box and is a 4 character combination (letters and numbers) and looks something like this below.

They'll use this information to write tunes that are specific to your vehicle/your computer code as no one Mustang is identical to the next.

What tuners will do is make adjustments to your air/fuel ratio, add a little more fuel, adjust your variable cam timing. Anything and everything to safely extract the power that Ford left locked up in our cars.

With Bama you'll have 2 tunes:

- Performance Tune - Running around town, back-roads tune where you'll see better throttle response through the mid range.

- Race Tune - Despite being a "Race" tune you don't need to be on the track foe it. I use my race tune daily on 93 octane because it's more fun. It's a little most sensitive than the performance tune because it's calibrated to give you the best amount of performance possible.







Apologies for the large pictures.

In regards to the Cold Air - There's many out there and I've gone with plastic over metal in the past as it's a little easier on the eyes, sleeker, and will make more power as it's not fluctuating when it heats and cools.

Here's the exact kit that I have on my '08 Bullitt right now. I'll let the other customers do the talking too!









Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.


Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
bamf3v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Devyn - Welcome to MustangEvolution.

So you're after a Cold Air Intake & Tuner - Here's what you need to know if you're to have it purchased here or anywhere else.

Bama along with many other tuning groups has certified tuning monsters that love to work with cars and make them perform at 10/10

With most shops/companies you'll make the purchase and then receive a tuning sheet. This is going to be where you'll list your modifications, tire size, computer code.

Your computer code can be found on the passenger side of your engine by adjacent to your fuse box and is a 4 character combination (letters and numbers) and looks something like this below.

They'll use this information to write tunes that are specific to your vehicle/your computer code as no one Mustang is identical to the next.

What tuners will do is make adjustments to your air/fuel ratio, add a little more fuel, adjust your variable cam timing. Anything and everything to safely extract the power that Ford left locked up in our cars.

With Bama you'll have 2 tunes:

- Performance Tune - Running around town, back-roads tune where you'll see better throttle response through the mid range.

- Race Tune - Despite being a "Race" tune you don't need to be on the track foe it. I use my race tune daily on 93 octane because it's more fun. It's a little most sensitive than the performance tune because it's calibrated to give you the best amount of performance possible.







Apologies for the large pictures.

In regards to the Cold Air - There's many out there and I've gone with plastic over metal in the past as it's a little easier on the eyes, sleeker, and will make more power as it's not fluctuating when it heats and cools.

Here's the exact kit that I have on my '08 Bullitt right now. I'll let the other customers do the talking too!









Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.


Alex

Thanks Alex you pretty much answered all my questions. The CAI you have is actually the same one I'm looking at purchasing. I was wondering if you have any power numbers on it or know of any numbers with that CAI and tuner


Devyn
bamf3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,592
Just FYI, all the power is going to be from the tune. The aftermarket CAI is a waste of money from a performance standpoint, the stock airbox is not restrictive and pulls directly from the fender vs the engine compartment.


I'd save your money and just go straight with a MPT tune and forget the CAI. Unless you need the bling factor anyway. Then at least you are getting the JLT which is a composite intake and not metal.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf3v View Post
Thanks Alex you pretty much answered all my questions. The CAI you have is actually the same one I'm looking at purchasing. I was wondering if you have any power numbers on it or know of any numbers with that CAI and tuner
Devyn
Devyn - You're very welcome and anytime.

It's really tough because every car will make power differently along with where they're being tested along with other variables (Temp/Above below Sea level, fuel used) Here's a few guys out there running Bama tunes from years ago.

2007 Mustang GT- JLT II CAI, Bama 93 Race tune, Corsa Ultimate Touring Axlebacks - 300 rwhp/318rwtq





Pypes Pype-Bomb axle back with Pypes off-road X pipe with No cats. JLT cold Air intake and No Motor Work. Race Tune By BAMA @ American Muscle.com. Dyno @ 317RWHP,324TQ, With high heat and humidity. Done at American Muscle car show 2011 @ Deleware County Community Collage. (This was at our 2011 car show)




307 HP Rear Wheel
311 ft/ lbs torque



Every car along along with every dyno will again read differently - To give you a ballpark number I think you would be making around 280-290; I'll have to preface this with having seen cars around with a (Tune, CAI, X-pipe, and catback) make this same number but there's plenty of guys and girls out there making some really solid numbers with their tunes.


__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dummy o2 sensors dkesler23 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 03-05-2013 11:00 AM
Bama tune or lund tune or steeda tune Mustang32Bill 2011-2014 Mustang GT 89 11-12-2012 11:45 AM
To tune or not to tune? grossnickle6612 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 10 08-24-2011 10:27 PM
Dummy Sensor ridenmystang 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 01-12-2007 05:08 PM
Yet another dummy on ebay 97Stallion The Bar 10 10-21-2004 02:06 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.