What to get after selling the 3v - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What to get after selling the 3v

I plan on getting rid of my 05, don't wanna put the money into getting it where I want it to be. So I have 2 major thoughts in mind I'm leaning pretty heavily towards looking at a terminator, or slightly leaning towards a coyote. Just getting a feel on others thoughts
jkelt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Coyote. Termi is rarer, but the coyote is a better platform in every regard.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Coyote. Termi is rarer, but the coyote is a better platform in every regard.

That's what I was thinking I would love a terminator but I would only pull it out of the garage maybe half the amount of time I would have a coyote out. If I even saw a cloud in the sky I wouldn't want to bring my terminator out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Meh, rain isn't going to hurt it. White crud they lay down during the winter to melt ice will tho.

Get the Coyote. Its not even close which one is the better car. The Termi is something you get just to have a Termi IMO.

If you care about 1/4 mile times to the point where you go to the track regularly, get the auto Coyote.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelt5 View Post
That's what I was thinking I would love a terminator but I would only pull it out of the garage maybe half the amount of time I would have a coyote out. If I even saw a cloud in the sky I wouldn't want to bring my terminator out.
Why would you only pull the Terminator out of the garage half the time compared to a 5.0? What does clouds being out have to do with not bringing the Terminator out. What happens to a Terminator if its out when clouds are out?

Are the Terminator models that poorly made that something happens to them when clouds are out? Does the paint melt away if water touches it? What if only two clouds are out, then can the Terminator come out of the garage?

What if the clouds move into your garage, do you then bubble wrap the Terminator and throw a car cover over it?

If I had a Terminator I would drive it all the time. I would drive it when the sun is out. I would drive it when the sun was not out. I would drive it when the clouds are out. I would even drive it in the rain, they have windshield wipers. I would drive it at night, they even have headlights.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You were close to getting a little Dr. Seuss there. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Why would you only pull the Terminator out of the garage half the time compared to a 5.0? What does clouds being out have to do with not bringing the Terminator out. What happens to a Terminator if its out when clouds are out?

Are the Terminator models that poorly made that something happens to them when clouds are out? Does the paint melt away if water touches it? What if only two clouds are out, then can the Terminator come out of the garage?

What if the clouds move into your garage, do you then bubble wrap the Terminator and throw a car cover over it?

If I had a Terminator I would drive it all the time. I would drive it when the sun is out. I would drive it when the sun was not out. I would drive it when the clouds are out. I would even drive it in the rain, they have windshield wipers. I would drive it at night, they even have headlights.

I wouldn't want to daily drive it, I would treat it as if it were my baby. Sorry what I said made you so upset. You can drive your car whenever you want, however you, where ever you want. If you're not paying for me to get my terminator then honesty I don't care when you would drive it lol. 5.0 is a lot more of a daily driven car. Any terminator I would get, I would want it to be garage kept and look like it just rolled off the show room floor, and I would want to keep it that way until the day I sold it. N by me saying I wouldn't drive it with a cloud in the sky I wouldn't risk rain, because hey guess what, didn't know if you knew this or not, but HAIL happens.... When it rains!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hail occurs during storms. If it's just a rain shower, it won't hail.

2013 GT/CS
Old 08-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'd like to buy a used pony soon, like next month 17-20th so I am following this thread.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

2 excellent cars. Hard choice.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:30 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said, rain isn't going to hurt it. Ice and grey salt slush will. These cars are not an investment honestly, not unless you have a mint 20k mile one bone stock 20-30 years from now and that's assuming the bottom doesn't fall out of the auction thing which it very well might.

Condition is much more important than mileage. But that's me. Not telling anyone else how to drive THEIR car.

Just make sure if the car does become a garage queen, don't neglect doing the fluids because the mileage is like 1500 a year and tires do have a shelf life too even if there is still like 8/32 tread on them.

And I'd still get the Coyote. Bolt on/tune Coyote will roflstomp a bolt on/tuned Terminator.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Take the cobra of the pedestal

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Drive both and make your decision based off of your own experience with them. You may personally find out you like one way more than the other.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Problem is, just test driving them stock for stock most ppl are going to like the instant low end of the Terminator. And then be really happy with it until they get walked BADLY by a mildly modded Coyote that they didn't get because they never drove or rode in a bolt on/tuned 5.0.

Sounds like I'm really bashing the Termi... I'm not. But it needs a lot of work to keep up with the Coyote and its got the same Fisher Price interior as every other 94-04 car plus the dated Fox4 platform. Although that's what I'm working with right now so I should talk lol.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I would take the coyote... But with that said the terminator bolt on for bolt on would probably have the edge over the coyote power wise

Sent from the back seat
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerz28 View Post
I would take the coyote... But with that said the terminator bolt on for bolt on would probably have the edge over the coyote power wise

Sent from the back seat

Power not speed.
Know this for a fact a 440hp coyote will beat a 480hp cobra From a 40 and a 60

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Quote:

I think he got your point Dr. Sues! Lmao!!!!
But would you drive it with green eggs and ham? Sam?

Old 08-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't want to daily drive it, I would treat it as if it were my baby. Sorry what I said made you so upset. You can drive your car whenever you want, however you, where ever you want. If you're not paying for me to get my terminator then honesty I don't care when you would drive it lol. 5.0 is a lot more of a daily driven car. Any terminator I would get, I would want it to be garage kept and look like it just rolled off the show room floor, and I would want to keep it that way until the day I sold it. N by me saying I wouldn't drive it with a cloud in the sky I wouldn't risk rain, because hey guess what, didn't know if you knew this or not, but HAIL happens.... When it rains!
You must be a bit confused. Please let me clarify. You didn't make me upset. Why would I or anybody of sound mind and good mental health be upset when you drive or don't drive a vehicle? Nobody normal would care. You can bubble wrap your cars if you like. You can keep the car in a vacuum sealed room parked on carpet if you desire too.

Darn those pesky clouds.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
You were close to getting a little Dr. Seuss there. Haha.

👍

Old 08-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Like I said, rain isn't going to hurt it. Ice and grey salt slush will. These cars are not an investment honestly, not unless you have a mint 20k mile one bone stock 20-30 years from now and that's assuming the bottom doesn't fall out of the auction thing which it very well might.

Condition is much more important than mileage. But that's me. Not telling anyone else how to drive THEIR car.

Just make sure if the car does become a garage queen, don't neglect doing the fluids because the mileage is like 1500 a year and tires do have a shelf life too even if there is still like 8/32 tread on them.

And I'd still get the Coyote. Bolt on/tune Coyote will roflstomp a bolt on/tuned Terminator.
Having a Terminator and not driving it so it can be in showroom prestine quality for the next guy is like having a super hot girlfriend and not having sex with her so she is in prestine condition for the next guy. POINTLESS.

The cloud thing I loved. That was great.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Having a Terminator and not driving it so it can be in showroom prestine quality for the next guy is like having a super hot girlfriend and not having sex with her so she is in prestine condition for the next guy. POINTLESS.

The cloud thing I loved. That was great.

Aww where did you find that joke? On a meme someone already made. Like I said before clearly stated above if you aren't paying for me to get one why do you care how much I would drive it. Real question I'm at is daily a terminator... Or a coyote and I think anyone knows the answer to that.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Aww where did you find that joke? On a meme someone already made. Like I said before clearly stated above if you aren't paying for me to get one why do you care how much I would drive it. Real question I'm at is daily a terminator... Or a coyote and I think anyone knows the answer to that.
Actually, yes it was a meme and it was perfect. Words to live by when it comes to cars. Oh, I don't care how much you drive or not drive it. The real question is, what are you buying the car for? Do you want a mustang that will sit in your garage 99% of time? Do you want a mustang that you will drive more often?

You already know that the 5.0 is a better daily driver vehicle, this has been established so what's more for you too ponder? My advice is buy the 5.0 and get a picture of a Terminator. As much as you would drive the Terminator a big picture would be the same. Something to just look at and the picture would stay in showroom quality. 👍

Old 08-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I agree. If you want more of a DD, get a 5.0. If you want a weekend cruiser you can keep shiny all the time, get the Termi.

2013 GT/CS
Old 08-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

I say even if you get a weekend cruiser to keep shiney get a Coyote. Or a GT500 if you want a "collector" car. You get a LOT more car for your money with something like an 07-09 GT500 then the Terminator.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Or you could get the new stingray... Just putting it out there 👍🏻😈

Sent from the back seat
Old 08-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Oh course you would have to sell your soul though... Lmao

Sent from the back seat
Old 08-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just going to get a Prius
Old 08-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Can't get any better than that.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
I'd like to buy a used pony soon, like next month 17-20th so I am following this thread.

Are you getting one from a dealership? If so just go ahead and wait another week or so for the second to last day of month or even the last day. There always willing to go lower on price on those two days to simply move the unit as opposed to sitting on it for the most amount. If you're buying private party ignore all of what I said.

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Hit up SVTP classifieds if you are looking for a used Coyote.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 08-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Since this will be a weekend car something else to consider is the sound of the supercharger... I think we can all agree that sound makes you "HARD" lol

Sent from the back seat

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT