Camshaft Position Sensor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
Region: Alabama
Camshaft Position Sensor

It might have been dumb of me but I figured I could solve the issue upon buying a car with a known problem. My recent purchase was an 09 GT 4.6L 91k miles. It had the code of throttle body and camshaft position sensor bank 2 when I bought it. I wheeled and dealed on this to drive the price down but hoping all I had to do was repair the cam sensor and throttle body.

So last week I replaced the camshaft position sensor, the old one was rough looking upon removing. I then replaced the throttle body. once done I cleared the codes. Test drove for awhile with all is well. Later I am driving and the light reappears. Its the Camshaft sensor again bank 2. So I (actually my friend) checked the alternator and it seemed in good standing. I asked my mechanic friend who runs a reputable auto repair business in town and he looked the car over and told me to replace the variable timing sensor (I think that's what its called...). So I just bought the part and handed it to him. He replaced and took it on the test drive and all seemed fine. the very next day as my wife is running around in it, the light reappears. She took it by Autozone and again...the famous Camshaft sensor bank 2 is the code.

I'm scratching my head at this point. My mechanic friend told me to drop it by the shop and he will look deeper into it with his computer.

So can anyone help or shed some light on what I could do before I take it by his shop? He stays busy and I hate intervening with his schedule so I feel like a burden when I run it by there, but I don't like this code...its unnerving.

hardincah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Nebraska
Not sure I can help or not because I went through the same thing on the GF's Malibu. But had the same issue, intake camshaft position sensor.

Went to Autozone and got the actual sensor since that is what the code was for. Replaced it and after a few hours, code pops back on. Went back and had them check, same code on the scanner. Did a little digging on the Internet, found out the camshaft position actuator solenoid was the culprit as seen below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1451266411.593916.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	195223

Again not sure if it helps, but that was the problem behind my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

fstbck70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
Region: Alabama
Ok I'll go check that out. Thanks
hardincah is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT