Camber Adjustment 08 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2016, 04:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Camber Adjustment 08 GT

Hey all, I have an 08 GT that needs a Camber Alignment. I tried to do it with the Stock Camber Bolts; but the wheels wont pull in far enough. Stock Camber Bolts only allow for a +1.75/-1.75 adjustment. I think the previous owner may have lowered the Front end so I ordered After Market Camber Bolts which will give me a +2.75/-2.75 Camber Adjustment. This should solve my problem.
However, I'm not sure on how to change them out. Will I have to use Spring Compressors ? Can I just remove one bolt at a time & replace it or will the Strut move once I remove one of the bolts ? The bolts will be here tomorrow so if anyone has changed out their Camber Bolts in the past please tell me how you did it. I'm kind of worried about removing one of the Camber Bolts & not knowing if somethings going to pop out or something. These S197 are totally different than the New Edges & SN95's that I've owned in the past. I've never done any kind of Front Suspension or Alignment work on a car with Coil Overs before. It's a whole new ball game for me so any help you all can give me is much appreciated. Thanks Everyone !!!
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 07:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

no you won't need a compressor. jack the car up and remove only the top bolt that has the eccentric on it replace with the new. as long as you don't loosen or touch the lower bolt the job will be easy. alignment after will be a most do.
that is a lot of out of alignment issue you have, i doubt it has to do with lowering springs more like a bent part somewhere. on my 07 when we lowered it I used upper camber plates those you need compressors to install since you need to remove the struts spring bearing mount and nut and replace it with the plate kit
captchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Glad I don't have to use the Spring Compressor as I loaned it out a while back & never got it back. About the Bolts....I bought the 4 Bolt set for both bolts on each strut. Can I change the Top Bolt 1st & then remove / change the bottom bolt ? What is the issue with the bottom bolt because you said as long as I don't mess with the bottom bolt everything would be fine ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Oh...I did some checking & what I found is that if the car was lowered 2" or more then an after market camber kit is required. I just bought all New Tires 275 x 40 x 17 & 245 x 45 x 17 and don't want to chance ruining my tires. The car originally shuttered between 60-75 mph & shuttered even worse going around curves to the right. I noticed the Passenger side wheel leaned differently from the Drivers side so I looked at the Camber Bolts. I found the Tab on the Drivers side bolt was Facing the wheel & the Tab on the Passenger Side was straight up & down. So I turned it to face the wheel & 90% of the Shuttering went away. But I can see that the Camber is still off & the stock bolts are at there max camber.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

try doing one bolt at a time. still going to need a good alignment shop after the work,
sadly if this was mine I would have gone with the upper plates.
captchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah....I didn't know about the Upper Plates prior to ordering the bolts. I used After Market Camber Plates on my 94 & my 04 but they both had stock camber plates to swap out. I'll give the bolts a try since they arrived today. I'll do the alignment myself.
Did it once before on my 94 so I think I can do this one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT