Pacesetter Headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Pacesetter Headers

Hey guys,

I just purchased a set of Pacesetter Long Tube headers from American Muscle (I've spent 2k in about 2 months with them. Hint. Hint. Discount Code. Cough. I am an active member. I am 10 posts away but a break would be nice). I was curious if anyone has this setup in their car and what they thought of it. I am planning to run them with the stock setup as I need to curb my spending. Cough. Discount. Cough. Any insight would be great. I do plan to sand away the paint and coat them. Thank you for the heads up !

Here is a link to them:
(Price was too good to pass up)
PaceSetter Black Mustang Long Tube Headers 70-3232 (05-10 GT) - Free Shipping
07 Mustang GT California Special -TCI Streetfighter Ratchet Shifter, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Cat-back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama X4 93 Octane Race Tune, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Push Button Start Ignition, Sequential Lights, Side Louvers, American Muscle Bullitt Wheels.
abarbu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
How come there is such a price difference compared to other brands?
Definitely appealing though!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Nickerbocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

the paint on these comes off within hours of use. It turns the metal blue like chrome would over time. I am going to sand the paint off right away and use a high temp paint over them. I might see what it costs to get them sand blasted and they should be good to go. I am assuming the company found a way to lessen the cost of the headers by not ceramic coating or chroming them. Should be a simple install and with the money I save I can definitely get them sand blasted or at the very least sanded and coated with a high temp paint.
07 Mustang GT California Special -TCI Streetfighter Ratchet Shifter, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Cat-back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama X4 93 Octane Race Tune, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Push Button Start Ignition, Sequential Lights, Side Louvers, American Muscle Bullitt Wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I used lacquer thinner and a scotch pad, it took less than an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wingntt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Wing!! You saved me time brotha. Thank you for the advice !!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT