Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Premium fuel or regular?

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  dgc333 
#1 ·
What are people running in their stangs? I'm
Wondering if it's worth putting premium I'm though it doesn't need it. I have a 2008 GT. What are other people doing fuel wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Shell 91 octane all the time. I never want to fill with the wrong octane for the tune I'm running at that moment.

#8 ·
Nah...not really. I hypermile one of my cars and the additional cost does not pay back in fuel savings on factory tune.

Edit. I find it funny this site filters re-tard. As in reduce timing

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Premium vs Regular Fuel

I can't seem to find a definitive answer to the question 87 vs 93 octane in a 2013 Coyote. I've read so many sites and everyone has a different opinion. Which is it? Is it better to run Premium in a 5.0 or not? It's very frustrating. I just bought the car and have no mods. I want to run the best for the car because I plan on keeping it for a long time and I want the best performance and the best for the engine long term with no mods. Is there anywhere to find a definite answer?

#17 ·
J
I can't seem to find a definitive answer to the question 87 vs 93 octane in a 2013 Coyote. I've read so many sites and everyone has a different opinion. Which is it? Is it better to run Premium in a 5.0 or not? It's very frustrating. I just bought the car and have no mods. I want to run the best for the car because I plan on keeping it for a long time and I want the best performance and the best for the engine long term with no mods. Is there anywhere to find a definite answer?
Run what the owners manual and/or gas door/cap says. Unless you are tuned. Anything else is a waste of money as stated.

#25 ·
You also get more additives, cleaners and things like that in Premium gas :)

#28 ·
A lot of marketing there but is it really any different than the additive package in their 87? Or are they just trying to make you feel better about paying more.

You supposedly get more additives than the government mandates from the Top Tier suppliers too.

Gasoline is a commodity where Mobil sells to shell and Shell sells to BP, etc. And all the gasoline being distributed in an area of the country comes from the same tanks, ie, Shell gas coming from distribution tanks owned by Mobil or what ever brand has distribution tanks in the area. The additive package is added at the time they fill the tanker I wouldn't think Shell would have two.

I buy gas based on the station having high volume. I rather get my gas from an off brand that is turning over their inventory every few days than from a brand name station that fills it's tanks once a month

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.