Bama tune = failed emissions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Bama tune = failed emissions?

I seem to not pass emissions with my tune active. At least 3 of my areas are not ready. Been driving it for a year with the tune. Weird?? Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2007 Mustang GT Premium -- 18" gunmetal grey wheels | w/Staggered Tires | Hurst short throw shifter | JBA high flow cats and performance mufflers | JBA chrome tips | JLT intake | Shifting Light | Halo Lights | Cervini Ram Air Hood | Black Billet Fuel Door | Black Billet Pony & GT Emblem | Front Chin Spoiler | Red Strut Tower Brace | Intake Plenum Manifold/Throttle Cover-Hydrocarbon | Tuned with Bama X4/SF4 Tuner | Roof Spoiler | Eleanor-Style & Side Scoops | Gen5 Tail Lights
RumbleStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleStang View Post
I seem to not pass emissions with my tune active. At least 3 of my areas are not ready. Been driving it for a year with the tune. Weird?? Anyone else have this issue?

Nope, I don't have to pass an emission test.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mine wouldn't pass either. I switched to one of the tunes that came with my tuner, it had one not ready which is allowed in my area.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
When I used them years ago, it was because with their "race tunes" they turn off the rear o2s. Switched tunes and they were back on and passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
When I used them years ago, it was because with their "race tunes" they turn off the rear o2s. Switched tunes and they were back on and passed.

I wonder if Alex will answer this? Do the new V2 Race tunes shut off the rear O2 sensors?

Old 06-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
You have to put it back to stock and drive it for at least 150 miles with stop and go.. You should be all set after that..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post

I switched out of race to performance tune. This I'm hoping will do it. The 2 rear o2 sensors were not ready. Now since I switched they are ready. My cat and the one for the gas level. Are not, Now. But my gas was to low and now to high for level. Should get one of those to be ready. One is allowed I believe everywhere to be not ready to pass. We will see after a ride later on...

2007 Mustang GT Premium -- 18" gunmetal grey wheels | w/Staggered Tires | Hurst short throw shifter | JBA high flow cats and performance mufflers | JBA chrome tips | JLT intake | Shifting Light | Halo Lights | Cervini Ram Air Hood | Black Billet Fuel Door | Black Billet Pony & GT Emblem | Front Chin Spoiler | Red Strut Tower Brace | Intake Plenum Manifold/Throttle Cover-Hydrocarbon | Tuned with Bama X4/SF4 Tuner | Roof Spoiler | Eleanor-Style & Side Scoops | Gen5 Tail Lights
Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
You have to put it back to stock and drive it for at least 150 miles with stop and go.. You should be all set after that..

Car does not like stock. Engine light will come on...engine light stays off with the tune active.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have to put my car back to stock an drive it about 150 miles before I go for an emissions test in order to pass.

MustangmanV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Car does not like stock. Engine light will come on...engine light stays off with the tune active.

There is something wrong if the check engine light is on when you put it back to stock.. What mods you have?

shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
There is something wrong if the check engine light is on when you put it back to stock.. What mods you have?

I'm getting code p0420. Even with it in tune now... ack!

Old 06-26-2016, 07:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm getting code p0420. Even with it in tune now... ack!

Disconnect the battery and press the brakes / turn the headlights on to make sure no juice is left in the electrical system. Let the car sit for about 30 minutes and hook it back up. Let the computer relearn the system.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You need to return the tune to stock and drive around. You don't need to drive for 150 miles, just a nice cruise around town.

Your other code you get, I had issues with too due to no cats. You can buy some o2 sensor spacers or spark plug defoulers and drill out the middle. that will make you pass emissions.
JonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Bama tune = failed emissions?

Quote:
I switched out of race to performance tune. This I'm hoping will do it. The 2 rear o2 sensors were not ready.

Switching to that shouldn't make a difference, it just changes your commanded throttle to make it feel faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Switching to that shouldn't make a difference, it just changes your commanded throttle to make it feel faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drove June to Oct. May to June and the o2 don't wake up? Soon as I switch the race tune off they wake?. I would say the race tune turned the o2s off...

Old 07-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I changed it to performance tune. After 2 or 3 tries with the engine light coming on. It seems it's ok now. Now if I can keep the light from coming on till I bring it back to the garage lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT