Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rwhp and rwtq info??????

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Count Dragula 
#1 ·
on a 2005 mustang gt with mutha thumpr cams, ford racing intake manifold, steeda cai, bigger throttle body with spacer and mass air flow , shortie headers, under drive pulleys, 410 gear, ford racing exhaust and custom sct dyno tune how much rwhp and rwtq should I be getting?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
I don't know for sure but I'm running similar mods. According to ford racing, which is where I got my cams intake manifold and throttle body (62mm) just those three should put us about 385...supposedly. I'd love to know though too if you do end up getting an answer. I plan on installing a few more parts before I dino mine. I've talked to the guys at American muscle and everything I'm running should have me at about 400-415. I've got for racing hot rod cams, intake manifold, 62mm throttle body, airraid cai and a tune

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
I hate to break it to you be you would be at 325-350 at the absolute most. A NSR cam will not give you as big of a gain as a SR cam. Stock heads wont flow well enough either. Don't get me wrong the car will not be a slouch but the harsh reality is it wont be over 350. Sure if you take it to a shop they can make the dyno read whatever they want to make you happy. Take it to a track and see what the trap speed is and that will tell you the real power of the car

Reactions: KATO
#5 ·
Well 3 horses north of 350 which is around the max you're saying, isn't much more. May have just been a really good day to run on the dyno back in December 2012. I'll need to find my dyno sheet to see if I remembered that rating correctly. Torque that day was in the 320 ft-lb area. These days those numbers have dropped since I removed the mufflers.

#12 ·
Usuallly certain kinds of mufflers create drone or lack of mufflers do. But on our cars I've seen the most drone by still running cats. My car had bassani mufflers when I bought it with an off road h pipe and didn't drone very much. Put those same mufflers on my dads car with a stock mid pipe and it droned worse than anything I've ever heard. The last setup I had was off road x pipe with borla ataks and it was ridiculously loud and had absolutely no drone. My turbo setup now drones a lot lol Auto part Automotive exhaust Vehicle Exhaust system Engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.