Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My stupid Question of the Day

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Billy13 
#1 ·
OK so I have a 2005 gt as far as I know car is stock except for M90 super charger, Kenny Bell boost pump, and tune.

What octane should I be running. I just bought the car a week ago tomorrow.

Also it came with an SCT X3 is there away to tell who tuned it?

#8 ·
If your running a blower you should run at least 91 octane, better with 92 if you can get it. Combustion temperatures always go up with a blower, even low boost requires premium fuel.
I'm running a Kenne Bell 2.4 L blower on my '05 GT and de-tuned it to 400 RWH at 10 PSI of boost to keep the stock crank and rods inside the motor. Still a very fun ride...

#9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I emailed VMP but they can't tell me anything so guess when I am ready to do something I will just have to try and identify what I currently have.

Recon, I now see that my SCT has VMPTuning.com on the bottom of it LOL.

#14 ·
Thanks for the replies. I emailed VMP but they can't tell me anything so guess when I am ready to do something I will just have to try and identify what I currently have.

Recon, I now see that my SCT has VMPTuning.com on the bottom of it LOL.
I would contact VMP, give them your VIN, & any #'s off the ECM.
They should be able to tell you all about your tune.

#10 ·
You never want to cheap out on something that can in turn make you spend even more in the future. You need to run it more for safety than anything. You might not feel any power gains but it burns much better and can protect your motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.