Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2006 GT Tuner/chipped Help

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bgixxeerr 
#1 ·
Hi
I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me or give me some ideas.
I brought my Mustang about 6 months ago in New Zealand. It was converted to RHD, Airaid CAI and JBA exhaust in 2007.
I was told by the second owners who I brought the car from that when it was imported by original owner in 2007 that the car had been chipped/tuned.

My speedo was out so I brought an SCT iTSX tuner, joint Bama tunes and loaded a custom tune.
All went well, speedo good but it seemed to have less power.

Was told not to "stack" tunes if the car has been somehow chipped/tuned.
So returned the car to stock. Haven't waited all this time to own a Mustang, then break it. :(

Ended up sending my stock tune to SCT because I thought it had been modified. My CAI does not have the insert installed. SCT have come back to me to say my stock file is stock.

So I thought what if I load a preloaded tune and left the CAI option to stock. Thinking if it doesn't start then my stock file is not stock. But you guessed it the thing started and runs fine.
I have read about a "Jet Chip" that plugs in to the computer, but can't see anything installed on mine.

Is there anyway they could have modified the air intake sensor on a dyno?
Not sure where to go from here? :confused:

Thanks Paul

See less See more
#2 ·
All you have is the cai? That sounds like alot of tunes for that, when i did the under drive and cai with the sct at the same time there was an option for the larger intake that i didn't see and had a issue, but after i picked the right tune i was good,and are you running the correct octane?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.