Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ebrake Dealership

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  p_gehle41 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I posted this on a different forum also. Today I took my 05 GT into a dealership I've never been to. Traveling home and needed an oil change. When it's done they inform me my ebrake cable snapped when the technician was parking it. It kept rolling so he pulled up further and it broke. I said ok, well what can be done? They said we have the part here, it's $200 and labor is about $200. I said there is no way I'm paying for that after you guys broke it. I talked with the service manager, and he agreed they would give me the part at cost and not charge labor. Half of me is pissed because that's money I have to now spend, the other half is ok because I knew I had some ebrake issues since it wouldn't really engage no matter how far I pulled it, so it saves me in future labor costs. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#13 ·
Given the circumstances, I suppose that I would be pleased that I didn't have to crawl underneath the car to fix the faulty parking brake cable.

$200 seems like a lot for a parking brake cable though... How much did they charge you for the "at cost" price?

That was my thought. I had issues with it before, but I'm not a functional ****** and pulling it as hard as I can to stop the car. The dealer said they don't make money off of things like this. So I paid 220 for the instal and labor. They had me by the short hairs. I'm not at my house in az so no tools, and every quote I got for the part was $180 plus. It snapped right where it connects

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

It censored me for saying functional reta*d

#5 ·
hey guys, i posted this on a different forum also. Today i took my 05 gt into a dealership i've never been to. Traveling home and needed an oil change. When it's done they inform me my ebrake cable snapped when the technician was parking it. It kept rolling so he pulled up further and it broke. I said ok, well what can be done? They said we have the part here, it's $200 and labor is about $200. I said there is no way i'm paying for that after you guys broke it. I talked with the service manager, and he agreed they would give me the part at cost and not charge labor. Half of me is pissed because that's money i have to now spend, the other half is ok because i knew i had some ebrake issues since it wouldn't really engage no matter how far i pulled it, so it saves me in future labor costs. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iphone using mustang evolution

you got screwed hard in the butt with no lube. Welcome to the stealership!

#6 ·
what is the cost of an OEM cable? I couldn't tell from Nate's post and if they give it to you at that price w/o labor you are doing great. You already know it was bad before hand. It isn't like they were abusing it....the car was rolling and that was the techs 1st thought to stop it.

#7 ·
I think I paid in the $50 - $75 range for the most expensive of the three cables and installed them in my daughter's 2010 in less than an hour.

#17 ·
Got home yesterday after the dealership, parked my car, set the brake and it kept rolling. Called the GM, left a message. Never done a yelp review but damn was I livid. So I wrote a review telling my experience, and not to let them touch your car. A couple hours later I got a call from the GM apologizing for how it was handled and that it shouldn't have happened. He explained that "reviews have become a part of this world and what he could do to make it right." I said I just want what you guys made me pay for, to be actually fixed. Got a full refund plus my original oil change paid for. Thanks for the input gents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.