Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Anyone have any opinion or experience with Godspeed?

54K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Beechkid 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I ordered these as a first suspension upgrade. Has anyone tried them?

I've read reviews mostly from import guys, Honda, Infiniti, Nissan, Subaru, etc. It seems most negative reviews were from people who never tried them. Hard to find any Mustang reviews.
Suspension part Coil spring Auto part Pink Suspension

16 Way Adjustable - Spring rates: Front: 8 kg/mm / Rear: 6 kg/mm - Includes front camber plates

GodSpeed MonoSS coilovers are great entry level single adjustable coilovers. GodSpeed starts with a race coilover and tones it down for the street to give you an extremely capable coilover that you can comfortably use every day. GodSpeed uses some of the best and most exotic components on the market such as a carbon seamless steel 52mm tube with a high performance internal shock piston that provides fast and precise damper response. GodSpeed coilover springs are cold-bent from high strength SAE9252 steel to be comfortable and high performance.

A big problem with a lot of entry level coilovers is that they use cheap shock oil, but GodSpeed doesn't follow that philosophy. Race quality shock oil ensures exceptional damper performance any any temperature, on or off the track. The GodSpeed coilover top hat uses a high performance Japanese KOYO 6204Z bearing pillowball mount (when applicable). Bottom shock brackes are also top quality and made from T7075 forged aluminum or carbon steel brackets for light weight and durability.

GodSpeed MonoSS Coilovers feature:
16 way adjustable dampers (soft to firm)
Koyo Japan 6204z bearing
Polyurethane bushing (if applicable)
Monotube shock design
Anodized shock body
Lightweight aluminum shock body and T7075 forged aluminum / carbon steel brackets
52mm carbon steel shock body with a performance internal piston
Independent ride height and spring preload adjustments
Race shock oil with a high viscosity index

See less See more
#3 ·
With a 3% off 1st time use on Redline360, I got them for $618 shipped!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
I'll let you know when I get them installed. I'm also ordering new brakes before I install them. Want to install them both at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
I ordered these as a first suspension upgrade. Anyone tried them? I've read reviews mostly from import guys, Honda, Infiniti, Nissan, Subaru etc....seems most negative reviews were from people who never tried them. Hard to find any Mustang reviews.
View attachment 219505

16 Way Adjustable - Spring rates: Front: 8 kg/mm / Rear: 6 kg/mm - Includes front camber plates

GodSpeed MonoSS coilovers are great entry level single adjustable coilovers. GodSpeed starts with a race coilover and tones it down for the street to give you an extremely capable coilover that you can comfortably use every day. GodSpeed uses some of the best and most exotic components on the market such as a carbon seamless steel 52mm tube with a high performance internal shock piston that provides fast and precise damper response. GodSpeed coilover springs are cold-bent from high strength SAE9252 steel to be comfortable and high performance.

A big problem with a lot of entry level coilovers is that they use cheap shock oil, but GodSpeed doesn't follow that philosophy. Race quality shock oil ensures exceptional damper performance any any temperature, on or off the track. The GodSpeed coilover top hat uses a high performance Japanese KOYO 6204Z bearing pillowball mount (when applicable). Bottom shock brackes are also top quality and made from T7075 forged aluminum or carbon steel brackets for light weight and durability.

GodSpeed MonoSS Coilovers feature:
16 way adjustable dampers (soft to firm)
Koyo Japan 6204z bearing
Polyurethane bushing (if applicable)
Monotube shock design
Anodized shock body
Lightweight aluminum shock body and T7075 forged aluminum / carbon steel brackets
52mm carbon steel shock body with a performance internal piston
Independent ride height and spring preload adjustments
Race shock oil with a high viscosity index

This is a terrible made In China junk suspension. I would never put something so inferior on my mustang. If I were you I would return them will I still can!!

#7 · (Edited)
I am assuming you have never had any experience with Godspeed. A lot of suspension parts are made in China.
I received my Godspeeds today and I am very impressed with them. I won't be putting them on until I receive my brake kit(they are made in the UK)!
The Godspeeds do come with a 1 year warranty! I'll give an update after i install them!

#21 ·
I have them on my 2014 Camaro SS 6.2 ,the dampening is fine,especially at speed,but at very low speed it's a little bouncy ,I think if the spring were more at a progressive rate,they would be perfect, love the adjustment dampening but the spring rate needs some tweaking ,I dont know maybe it's just me,had eibachs springs and kYB struts before,thinking about going back to that set up

#10 ·
Not installed yet, but they look awesome!

These things arrived extremely well packaged, double boxed and wrapped in heavy plastic with corrugated cardboard between each piece. Not a single mark anywhere. I am very impressed and can't wait to get them on my car!

Attachments

#11 ·
These things arrived extremely well packaged, double boxed and wrapped in heavy plastic with corrugated cardboard between each piece. Not a single mark anywhere. I am very impressed and can't wait to get them on my car!

That is a fantastic package job. Looks good. Too bad they don't come in different colors. I'd be super excited to get these on too. Must be nice. I'm saving up.

#14 ·
Haven't installed them yet. Waiting until I have my new brakes and also waiting on a free weekend to do it! Should be soon though!

#16 · (Edited)
Update on this coming soon!

Sorry for the delay to anyone following this post. I ended up starting quite a collection of parts and finally started installing them this past week!
Collection:
BF Goodrich gForce Comp 2s A/S 275 40 18s
Godspeed MonoSS Coilovers
Ford Racing bump stops
BMR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar
Powerstop Z26 pads and rotors
SR front and Rear Sway Bar Kit
Steeda bunp steers and new inner tie rods(oem)
FR Aluminum One piece Driveshaft & BMR Safety loop
JBA Ceramic Long tube headers and Off Road H pipe
Spec Stage 2 clutch and flywheel

Getting some help at the shop in the morning for a few things I wasn't able to install and getting an alignment done.
Clutch, driveshaft and headers being installed as soon as the headers arrive.

Ill post some pics and driving opinions when I get the car back tomorrow.
Can't wait!

#17 ·
Taking the Godspeeds off!

I still think they are a quality made coilover. The lack of detailed instructions about fit and adjustment makes it difficult to make the ride comfortable. After lots of adjustment and alignments, I just decided the ride is too rough and the option for so much adjustment is more complicated than I really need.

I am installing a set of Steeda Shock and Strut, with Steeda lowering Springs and FR Strut Mounts.

Hopefully I will be able to sell the Godspeeds!

#18 ·
I still think they are a quality made coilover. The lack of detailed instructions about fit and adjustment makes it difficult to make the ride comfortable. After lots of adjustment and alignments, I just decided the ride is too rough and the option for so much adjustment is more complicated than I really need.

I am installing a set of Steeda Shock and Strut, with Steeda lowering Springs and FR Strut Mounts.

Hopefully I will be able to sell the Godspeeds!

I could've told you that, all the reviews online, YouTube videos, saying their major crap . Just basically Chinese made garbage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
I didn't say they were bad, just wasn't for me with too much adjustability. My mechanic actually does a lot of coilover suspensions and he said he thought they were really nice coilovers.
Ive already switched over to Steeda Pro Shocks and lowering springs and love it!

#20 ·
I didn't say they were bad, just wasn't for me with too much adjustability. My mechanic actually does a lot of coilover suspensions and he said he thought they were really nice coilovers.
Ive already switched over to Steeda Pro Shocks and lowering springs and love it!

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Can't usually go wrong with steeda products

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.