Mustang Evolution Forum banner

06 GT Exhaust question

Tags
exhaust
2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  thebayareapimp 
#1 ·
Quick question, so I have a 06' GT with stock headers, stock mufflers, but an offroad xpipe. It's already very loud but i'm looking for something more in terms of sound and depth. There is a whine in between 1000-2500 rpms which is quite annoying and i'd like an axle back that is going to get rid of the whine and make the exhuast deeper and sound better overall. Any feedback is appreciated :)

#6 ·
As for Magnaflow. One of the top quality exhaust you can buy for any platform really. All of their product and welding and fit is all top notch. And the price is right too.

#10 ·
Magnaflow is just as good, if not better than other manufacturers. Their quality is in the same wheelhouse as Gibson, Borla, Corsa, Flowmaster, etc.

Magnaflow makes a great product.
Flowmaster got voted out of that house a LONG time ago. Their exhausts are mostly aluminized and flows are probably the most played out mufflers. I'm sad that my temp catback I have for my IRS car is a flowmaster setup but it'll only be temp till I get some Bassanis on there.

:wtf

Flowmasters suck donkey balls.
#dronemaster

If you like your ears to bleed after a long highway drive, get em.

#8 · (Edited)
Magnaflow is a great product. Though the only muffler I care for by them is the Magnapacks. Another muffler you can consider is Borla S types or touring. I'd say Flowmaster is out being the outlaws only sound ok on a stock exhaust system. And the chambered mufflers really need to be in front of the axle to sound good.
I have Roush Extreme and FR500S on both of my 3V's. Given the Extreme is resonators and the FR is a Borla variant. Very pleased with both.

Pick your poison.

#12 ·
I never had any issues with flows other than the noise on the highway and the rust from them not being stainless except the tips.

My last experience with flowmasters on any car I owned was my 91GT in the early 2000s. I got home from a 2 hour drive and my ears were ringing. It was just headers, O/R pipe and 40s. Wound up selling that car shortly after for other reasons and my next catback was a Dynomax. That is another very underrated muffler, the Dynomax Ultraflow. Sounds like a combination of Fergi and Jesus and does not drone and is stainless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.