Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Basic Bolt On adders

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I maybe could get some feedback among you more experienced owners. I sold my 04GT last year and bought a 06GT. I'm looking to get all the basic Bolt Ons that are worth the installation fee. I should mention I'm not a good mechanic, nor do I own the equipment to do any installs. And I would like the Bolt ons to be done right. I understand its cheaper to do it yourself, but lets just say for now its not an option.

I was thinking of:
1.Long Tube Headers
2.Catted X-Pipe(has to be unfortunately emission legal)
3. Catback Exhaust
4.Pulley
5.Cold Air Intake
6. Tuner

I'm Aiming for 325-340hp to the wheels. I'm thinking of getting the LT and X-Pipe first, but how much will it add without a Tuner? Watching some review videos at American Muscle or Late Restorations, they do their Dyno numbers with a Tuner, so its hard to tell what LTs actually add. Could I just skip LTs and still make around 310-315hp to the wheels with the remaining bolt ons?
Any feedback would be appreciated. :thumb:

See less See more
#2 ·
Pulley and cai will do nothing for power. Everything else is good. I'd add some FRPP hot cams to the mix.

#4 ·
Exactly

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
UDPs usually don't "add" HP!.. But they do help you get into your Power Band quicker!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?
I've never seen any meaningful data that backs this up. All the rags/advertiser tests are skewed... Only pulley worth it is the Innovator's west stuff and only if you are a supercharger and need it.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the information.

Another quick question, other than the build quality or finish, do Kooks LT headers produce more HP than JBA LT or BBK LT? Right now I'm trying to decide between JBA or BBK, but I'm not sure if JBA or BBK are prone to leaks or the HP difference on Kooks might be huge enough to justify the price.

#7 ·
I think the below link might answer your question. I have not read the article in a while,but I think I remember all of the manufacturers being somewhat comparable as far as performance goes. I spent the extra money on the Kooks headers because they are stainless steel (I think the JBA ones are too) whereas the BBK headers are not, they are ceramic coated. I recommend using a wrap prior to installation since you will not want to take these things out more than once if you can avoid it.

S197 Ford Mustang Headers - Three-Valve Long-Tube Header Test - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.