Mustang Evolution Forum banner

TraK Pak Wing Adjustment

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 ·
Can anybody possibly help me out with whether the adjustments that are available for this wing actually make that much of a difference on the street compared to the track?
I'd like to get as much down Force as possible seems like the tires break loose on this thing when I sneeze, and it has 345's on the rear. They are Nitto Invo's, not sure if that makes a big difference I know nothing about tires.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
oltwings, not knowing the adjustability of the wing and what one position does over the other I was looking for any insight on it in general, But to answer your question, I would rather have it adjusted to give me any low speed grip help, at the moment this is just for driving on the back Country Roads don't know what speed the wing even helps at but I don't find myself going over 100 hardly for very long and was more interested if it has the capacity to help on Corners at 70 or 80 on average. If the wing only is beneficial at speeds over 100 the conversations a mute point.
I will be going to Lime Rock Park in Lakeville Connecticut in April for a track day I don't know what advice you would say about that but if you have any much appreciated.
Also, I guess if anything I just wanted to make sure I wasn't lifting the rear end compared to pushing it down.

#11 ·
The axle tubes appear stock to me, it seems they just cleaned it up and actually welded the Watts link in place. If the axle tubes are in fact stock, then it appears you do NOT have lower control arm relocation brackets. That is your problem, a lowered vehicle with no relocation brackets pulls weight off the rear axle on acceleration.

There are many good brands, but personally i like the BMR. Do some reading on lower control arm relocation brackets and pick the set you feel works best for you. Shouldnt be more than like $150 and an afternoon of wrenching.

Assuming my perspective is off, an easy way to check if you do need relocation brackets is to check the orientation of the lower control arms. At ride height, on level ground, they should either be parallel with the ground or have a slight incline downward towards the rear of the car. If the front of the control arm (mounted on the body) is lower than the rear mounting point (on the axle) then you need brackets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.