Mustang Evolution Forum banner

06 Mustang GT Misfiring problem

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  straybullitt 
#1 ·
im new to this forum :) BE Nice:lol:

Its a 06 gt, Bama tuned, Msd 2-step, and cai are the only performance mods.

it is throwing a (p0354 code). but i doubt it is the coil because i switched them around.

car has brand new plugs (Motorcraft platinum). and it never started doing this until after i did the plugs, atleast not this bad. it would have a little bit of a startup misfire (Before the new plugs).
But now it is 10x worse and i tested voltage on the coils and they are fine. 12-14 on startup/running.

Possible Solution
Now here is where i might have found the problem but ill see what you guys say. I hooked a noide light to the cylinder 4 (the one that is having the problem) and it is getting very weak pulse little to none and blinks very slow as well. all the other injectors are very good compared to cylinder 4.

And i don't get why it is throwing a code referring to a coil when it most likely is something to do with the injector wiring/pcm.
Honestly Any input Helps:)

See less See more
#2 ·
It is possible that the PCM is interrupting the signal to the fuel injector due to the information that it is receiving regarding a possible fault with the coil circuit on that cylinder.
The electrical connectors on Ford vehicles are notorious for causing problems. Have you given the wiring harness and all off the connectors a good shake while the engine is running, to see if the miss gets any better, or worse?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.