Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Barton or MGW

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  badabing1109 
#1 ·
Thinking of upgrading my stock shifter. Barton or MGW and why ? Thanks for the input.

#3 ·
MGW is the highest quality and well designed shifter out there. Period. Second would be Steeda.

#5 ·
I had the barton... hten it snapped in half WHILE I was shifting driving down the road. Switched to MGW and you cant even compare. MGW is a better shifter and it resolves the slip at high RPM issue

#8 ·
Granted I've got a 13, but having used both a barton and now MGW shifter on mine there isn't even a comparison. MGW all the way.

#9 ·
After a lot of research and against the answers on this forum . I decided on the Barton. I would say it was 60% MGW and 40% Barton . There was a 15% discount on Black Friday that was too much savings to pass up. Install was pretty easy on jack stands. I did take the transmission cross member off . Put the floor jack under the tail shaft in order to gain a little more room. I got the satin flat stick option and polished it up with a buffing wheel and was able to use my billet shifter ball from AM that was on my stock shifter. I have not been able to drive it yet as snow and salt season has begun. I can not wait until spring. The throw is much shorter than stock. Sorry about the upside down one. I flipped it in my album and it still comes out upside down. Damn IPhone.

Attachments

#13 ·
Finally took the car out of hibernation. First drive with the new shifter. It is notchy but in a good way. I am thinking that it will have a break in period and be a little smoother. I do like it and can shift to all gears without lifting my arm off of the console or having to lean forward in the seat to get into fifth gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.