Mustang Evolution Forum banner

07 that stalls and Dies

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  imps 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is well and Happy Thanksgiving. So I need some direction. I am new to the SN197 body style with previous hand wrench time on a 1996 GT 4.6. So there are a lot of changes with this care which are different from my previous vehicle. So the other day, as I backed my car in, it began to stumble and stall. I got it in the garage and pulled the code. It showed. P0191 Fuel Pressure Sensor. It refused to start up. I did get it started several minutes later and then shut it off for the night. The next day, I took it to go get the part from the dealer only for the car to die just down the street less than a mile an half later and would not start. I got it pushed into a parking lot and had family take me to get the fuel pressure sensor. I swapped the part out and vehicle started and purred like new. I drove it back towards home. Within two turns, the vehicle acted like it lost power and only pushing in the clutch seemed to keep it momentarily from dying. I was able to limp it around the corner home and pull it into the driveway before it died. I am at a total loss what has happened to it. It began after filling up with a full tank of gas (91) three days ago. Not sure where to begin with this car. I am at a loss guys. This last time of it dying threw no codes. I plan to check grounds, and fuel filter, add heat to the gas to pull water from the fuel, and spray the MAF sensor. Fuel pumps have less than 8k on them and are the double pump setup from the GT500.

Is there anything that is common with this year to check besides the fuel pressure sensor which I replaced today? Car runs a Roush TVS Phase 2 with less than 8k on it as well.

See less See more
#2 ·
I would begin by checking if there is fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Was that a Fuel Pressure AND Temperature Sensor you replaced? Does it have an electrical connector on it, or not?

Aside from fuel, do you have spark?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.