Time for New Motor? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Rtired Union Boilermaker , Got me a nice pension , Do you still live with your Mom & Dad ? The Air Force made a Bum out of my Brother Inlaw .Nothing wrong with being in the armed forces if thats what some one wants to do with their life. Why not the Marines ? too hard for you no doubt. Your funny got your panties in a bunch ,
WAR HORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR HORSE View Post
See Ya Fool. Some Talk , Some Do . You are obviously a Talker , why dont you have a real job , no skills I bet
This is one of the most ignorant posts that I have ever seen on this website.

What qualifies you to make a judgment like that WAR HORSE?
Why don't you share with everyone what your "skill set" is? I mean besides being a tightwad who won't buy a goddamned smartphone...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What about the race ? Dont care about being right , Care about being fast , Lets Go , I will drive to NJ
Race him on a road course... You will quickly find out all of the weak points of your machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 06:55 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rtired Union Boilermaker , Got me a nice pension , Do you still live with your Mom & Dad ? The Air Force made a Bum out of my Brother Inlaw .Nothing wrong with being in the armed forces if thats what some one wants to do with their life. Why not the Marines ? too hard for you no doubt. Your funny got your panties in a bunch ,
And this is a tie with your other post.

Maybe your brother in-law is just a loser who wouldnt even be successful at being homeless.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

My car is built for the 1/8 & 1/4 mile , its not a road course car . And its far from stock,
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

O he was a loser for sure , died a couple years ago , FN child molester , wifes half brother , POS just like his father who by the way was in the Army for 23 yrs
Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

And why not put some new timing components in a 37k mile engine and just fix the damned thing?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My car is built for the 1/8 & 1/4 mile , its not a road course car . And its far from stock,
It sounds like you would win the drag race and Scotty would win the road race.

Neither race would prove a damned thing.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Isnt that why they make the Phaser lock out devise , Must be a common problem but "think" you need a tune after it is installed ,but it looks relatively easy to install..... Agree on the Race . But I do have Lots of HP For the strip & a trans brake , dont think the Drag Race Would b close , Dont think I would do a road race , he definitly has me there unless theres lots of long straights .HA HA
Old 12-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
O he was a loser for sure , died a couple years ago , FN child molester , wifes half brother , POS just like his father who by the way was in the Army for 23 yrs
It doesn't mean that the military had anything to do with it.
The military is no different than any other large organisation. I'll bet that you had one or two effed up people find their way to the union hall during your career, huh WAR HORSE?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
HP does not win the drag race either. My last car was 100% useless from a dig. She liked to do rolls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Cant argue with that , Even though we got Drug Screens got alot of prescription Drug Abuse & a bunch of drunks. How some one goes out til 2 am getting hammered then goin to work at 6am in a Refinery or Power Plant is beyond me . I needed a good 8 hrs of sleep myself , But yes there r Fd up people in all professions. just check out the Natl news lately with all the Crap going on in Hollywood , The News Industry & Govt , Dudes cant keep their hands off women , Whats our country coming to Bunch of Sex Freaks taking over .
Old 12-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #48

Region: Illinois
Also 06-10 Explorers and Mountaineers had the same 4.6l 3V as the Mustang GT but cheaper at many yards.

Or if you want a cheaper 4.6l 4v get a Lincoln Aviator cheaper than the Marauder and Mach 1 engines I have been told they are the same (autos).

Or I was also wondering why not just replace the timing components unless you just want to upgrade. I bought all the timing components for my 5.4l 3v OEM except upgraded to Mellings oil pump. I saved over 50% retail by getting my timing components here:

2006 - Ford Parts

and the rest (VCT solenoids, coils, plugs, etc) from Amazon or Ebay.

FYI This was one of the most entertaining threads I have read in awhile. The bullying brought me back to high school memories lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Find a low mileage replacement engine. Either out of another 3V Mustang or you might be able to use a 4.6L 3V out of a F150. Not sure.
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #49

Region: Connecticut
Thank you for your service and all the great info Scotty. Retired Submariner myself. Looking at going with Blow By Blow Racing Aluminator stroked to 5.0L. 450-500 hp would be perfect. Your thoughts? Flywheel and clutch upgrades?
swharvey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
And why not put some new timing components in a 37k mile engine and just fix the damned thing?
good excuse for an upgrade
Old 12-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by swharvey62 View Post
Thank you for your service and all the great info Scotty. Retired Submariner myself. Looking at going with Blow By Blow Racing Aluminator stroked to 5.0L. 450-500 hp would be perfect. Your thoughts? Flywheel and clutch upgrades?
Thank you for your service as well. Good to see so many current/retired members on this forum, I think its like less than 1% of US citizens serve/have served.

450-500hp = stock replacement engine out of a JY or a good rebuild from somewhere (not Jasper). Or get it rebuilt locally by a shop you trust. They can throw in some Boss rods and new pistons while they are at it with the stock crank. That'll jump up the ability of the engine to take power way WAY over what you are looking for. But even a basic stock pullout/rebuild will handle 450.

Flywheel=stock Luk unit from Rockauto

Clutch=Exedy Mach 400

BMR lowers and upper control arm out back with relocation brackets, full exhaust, good tires, MGW shifter and your choice of lowering springs/shocks/struts. Can't go wrong with Bilsteins. Also BMR adjustable PH bar.

Don't be one of those ppl with a 500hp car on stock suspension lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #52

Scotty, already have steed springs front and rear sway bars, mgw shifter, 2 1/2 in JBA headers and H pipe, driveshaftshop one piece aluminum
Old 12-21-2017, 04:01 PM   #53
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Control arms tho. Need those.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT