Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Time for New Motor?

4K views 52 replies 9 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I know there are several older threads out there about this but looking for more recent info since lots of new Ford Racing Products. 09 GT has developed a rasping/rattling noise during acceleration and deceleration. My mech thinks it is in the phasers, timing and tensioner. Thoughts? if i need a new motor i am considering the 5.3L modular short block M-6009-B53. What are your thoughts on this? the car only has 37000 miles, has the glass roof and is very clean. JBA headers and H pipe JLT CAI etc.

#33 ·
WAP blocks are rumored to let go at 800, never heard of one actually doing it tho. If you want to disagree with a "know it all" (im not even close to that I admit) then at least get your info right. Iron blocks, Teskids and Aluminators are good for 1500 at least. And WAPS probably too. Again, never heard of one failing.

As for you driving to NJ, if you want to waste your time go ahead. I'm not wasting mine, I'm moving out of my house in 12 days and then getting ready for a full blown international move.

Again, not sure why the hostility, I was just correcting bad info as I see it. You went from saying the blocks fail at 600 to now 800 and both numbers are incorrect.

#37 ·
This is one of the most ignorant posts that I have ever seen on this website.

What qualifies you to make a judgment like that WAR HORSE?
Why don't you share with everyone what your "skill set" is? I mean besides being a tightwad who won't buy a goddamned smartphone...

#35 ·
Active Military isn't a real job? Lmao. We have an internet tough guy.

#36 ·
Rtired Union Boilermaker , Got me a nice pension , Do you still live with your Mom & Dad ? The Air Force made a Bum out of my Brother Inlaw .Nothing wrong with being in the armed forces if thats what some one wants to do with their life. Why not the Marines ? too hard for you no doubt. Your funny got your panties in a bunch ,

#44 · (Edited)
Isnt that why they make the Phaser lock out devise , Must be a common problem but "think" you need a tune after it is installed ,but it looks relatively easy to install..... Agree on the Race . But I do have Lots of HP For the strip & a trans brake , dont think the Drag Race Would b close , Dont think I would do a road race , he definitly has me there unless theres lots of long straights .HA HA

#47 ·
Cant argue with that , Even though we got Drug Screens got alot of prescription Drug Abuse & a bunch of drunks. How some one goes out til 2 am getting hammered then goin to work at 6am in a Refinery or Power Plant is beyond me . I needed a good 8 hrs of sleep myself , But yes there r Fd up people in all professions. just check out the Natl news lately with all the Crap going on in Hollywood , The News Industry & Govt , Dudes cant keep their hands off women , Whats our country coming to Bunch of Sex Freaks taking over .

#51 ·
Thank you for your service as well. Good to see so many current/retired members on this forum, I think its like less than 1% of US citizens serve/have served.

450-500hp = stock replacement engine out of a JY or a good rebuild from somewhere (not Jasper). Or get it rebuilt locally by a shop you trust. They can throw in some Boss rods and new pistons while they are at it with the stock crank. That'll jump up the ability of the engine to take power way WAY over what you are looking for. But even a basic stock pullout/rebuild will handle 450.

Flywheel=stock Luk unit from Rockauto

Clutch=Exedy Mach 400

BMR lowers and upper control arm out back with relocation brackets, full exhaust, good tires, MGW shifter and your choice of lowering springs/shocks/struts. Can't go wrong with Bilsteins. Also BMR adjustable PH bar.

Don't be one of those ppl with a 500hp car on stock suspension lol.

#53 ·
Control arms tho. Need those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.